Hearts v Aberdeen

14 hours ago, TheDon99 said:

Agreed Logan was good. But I'm worried that if Ojo is out, Vyner plays Midfield and Logan goes back to RB. Not sure who plays LB in that case.
Although wasn't Gallagher labelled as a full back when we signed him?

Presume Ojo is fit as he did the pre match Media stuff.

In the last few weeks, St Johnstone, Hamilton and Hibs fans have all said "Hearts need a win, we are a nap to give them it" or something similar. And all have pumped us.  I don't think we'll see a proper reaction from Stendel until he can get a couple in and a couple of bad eggs out in January.  Aberdeen win.  Would be happy with a draw to stop the rot.

It's highly likely that we'll concede, and extremely unlikely that we'll score, so everything points to an away win.

Our team is full of players that haven't earned starts, and would be dropped if there was any c**t decent available - they either lack confidence, fitness, balls, ability, or all of the above.

I used to get stick for saying Jamie McDonald was a good shot-stopper - this Pereira kid isn't even that.

So, aye - away win. 

Happy with that. Surprised to see McGinn and McLennan benched though.

Front 3 seems disjointed, I can see it being like hibs where we see plenty of the ball and create very little. Gallagher might stretch them but final ball is lacking. Anderson a bit of an unknown quantity in a game like this.

And then the defensive brain fart will happen.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Front 3 seems disjointed, I can see it being like hibs where we see plenty of the ball and create very little. Gallagher might stretch them but final ball is lacking. Anderson a bit of an unknown quantity in a game like this.

And then the defensive brain fart will happen.

I've a lot more faith in Bruce getting in behind and scoring than Main.

Guest Bob Mahelp

If one Dons player plays well at Tynecastle, it's McGinn. 

To drop him....and Hedges and McLennan, the other players we have with pace and who can play wide and beat men....seems like the normal tombola shitebaggery we've come to expect from McInnes. 

This looks like a team set up to fight a midfield battle for a draw, rather than one to go out and take the game by the throat. 

If one Dons player plays well at Tynecastle, it's McGinn. 
To drop him....and Hedges and McLennan, the other players we have with pace and who can play wide and beat men....seems like the normal tombola shitebaggery we've come to expect from McInnes. 
This looks like a team set up to fight a midfield battle for a draw, rather than one to go out and take the game by the throat. 

Agreed, f**k all creativity with two strikers seems madness to me but you’re right, it is about getting control of midfield and not trying to put them to the sword.

Said after the Livingston game that we should go after Hearts with pace which we appear to be doing. Not a fan of Gallagher but this type of game may suit him. Good options to bring off the bench too.

McLennan was rubbish against Livingston. Goals aside which looked like it was going wide before the deflection.

ETA - Hedges struggled to have an impact against Livingston and I think is better suited wide than through the middle. With Tynecastle being quite narrow, wider players like him and McGinn can find space harder to come by

Edited by Zapp Brannigan