Hearts v Aberdeen

Unbelievable that after that shite the other results are going to go our way.

It's clear to everyone that we're struggling as we're not adapting as the others adapt to us. We've played the same football for at least three years. 

Arsenal and man utd were always neck and neck until Mourinho went to Chelsea. One of those teams continued to win titles as he changed the style of play to remain successful. The other continued to play the exact same style of football and hasn't won a league title since. We're currently stuck in the same rut as the latter.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Rodhull said:

Only thing I can think of is him overthinking it and coming up with some football manager monstrosity of a tactic. He plays us so cautiously over the years I never get the impression of arrogance from him. If anything a lack of faith at times seems more likely.

I suspect that he knows that he simply hasn't got the balance of the midfield right. Individually, there are some decent players there but collectively it's just not working. 

And McInnes knows it, hence his continuous tinkering. We desperately miss a fit Bryson, or a Kenny McLean type midfielder that plays further forward than both Ferguson and Campbell are comfortable. 

That should be his numero uno priority when the transfer window opens. 

It's clear to everyone that we're struggling as we're not adapting as the others adapt to us. We've played the same football for at least three years. 
Arsenal and man utd were always neck and neck until Mourinho went to Chelsea. One of those teams continued to win titles as he changed the style of play to remain successful. The other continued to play the exact same style of football and hasn't won a league title since. We're currently stuck in the same rut as the latter.

I mean this not as an insult but that feels like a comparison thought up after a few beers.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aberdeen just need to play a bit more like Chelsea under Mourinho m8.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I mean this not as an insult but that feels like a comparison thought up after a few beers.

Hardly. It's just an example of how bad things can get if the person making the decisions is not willing to change. We should be miles ahead of the rest of the 'diddies' yet here we are with a real possibility of finishing fourth to another team with far lesser financial clout for consecutive seasons.

Do you watch that shite we play and feel any team worries about coming to Pittodriw? Never mind us travelling to away grounds. 

From what I read on other Hearts forums, a lot of fans wanted Stendl because he liked a bevvy with the Barnsley fans and not for his coaching capabilities. Or they certainly weren’t really mentioned from what I read.

Experience of Scottish football was lacking from his CV and he’ll be learning about it as the weeks go on but he’s also got to claw back a 5 point back pretty sharpish. Budge/the board made a mistake here, but we just need to see how it pans out.

17 minutes ago, McGarci said:

after a month the new manager doesnt know how to do, changes lot of players every day. moreover, after signing 40 players in 3 years, today have played 3 academy players....more worried than last week, but probably less than the next. we need win games urgently

Stendel's been in charge for 3 weeks - the changes today worked - Irving was probably our best player, and we looked more solid at the back without Berra.

We should have won today, but a point with 10 men isn't bad - other results went against us, but I'm encouraged by the performance. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, paranoid android said:

Stendel's been in charge for 3 weeks - the changes today worked - Irving was probably our best player, and we looked more solid at the back without Berra.

We should have won today, but a point with 10 men isn't bad - other results went against us, but I'm encouraged by the performance. 

Sadly for my Jamboid friends, you won't be playing Aberdeen at home every week. An Aberdeen side that leaves its best player on the bench for 45 minutes. 

That's a cause to worry. 

Forgot how it felt to come away feeling positive after a game. It's cruel we didn't win that game, even with 10 men we looked the better team. I thought Pereira was possibly at fault for the goal as he seemed to creep further away from his right post but apart from that it's hard to fault any of the players.

Didn't really believe how bad Aberdeen were until today, granted in the first game of the season they wey were poor but sitting 4th I thought they'd have more about them them. Bizarre McGinn doesn't start since he's by far the most creative player in the team (alongside Logan). 

For others it might seem bizarre for Aberdeen fans to be calling for McInnes to go given their position but it's absolutely justified imo, that's 4th in a terrible, terrible league, they should be clear in 3rd place. 

For us, I'm much more positive than I was 3 days ago, I'm glad the players (importantly Sean Clare who I've been screaming abuse at for 10 months) and the manager see what it means to the fans when the effort is put in. I don't think there was anyone I'd pick out as being poor. 

For the first time in 2 months I'm hopeful we might actually survive this season.

2 minutes ago, GorgieRoad said:

For the first time in 2 months I'm hopeful we might actually survive this season.

38 points is the target that usually sees teams finish 8th or above.

So you'll need 25 points from 17 games. 6 or 7 wins, and a couple of draws, in 17 games, in other words.