Hearts v Aberdeen

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Duffy_ said:

You clearly haven't witnessed just how bad we are, my friend. 

We lost a game in 2013 at Tynecastle where you were on -50 points or whatever and put out a team of 16 year olds.

The last time I remember us playing well there was 4 years ago when McGinn was on fire and we went 3-0 up at HT. Even then we almost threw the game away 2nd half. 

No matter how bad Hearts are, we simply can't play against you at Tynecastle. This is an absolute stick-on Hearts win. 

Few Aberdeen supporting mates seem convinced they’ll collapse and we’ll beat them, echoing what’s on here. Drastically underestimating how bad we are at the moment. Expecting Aberdeen to win more comfortably than Hibs did tbh

Guest Bob Mahelp
30 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Few Aberdeen supporting mates seem convinced they’ll collapse and we’ll beat them, echoing what’s on here. Drastically underestimating how bad we are at the moment. Expecting Aberdeen to win more comfortably than Hibs did tbh

Two bits of pitiful defending from Hearts aside, I didn't think there was much between both teams yesterday. 

If Hearts had got the first goal, I'm not sure they would have lost. 

19 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Two bits of pitiful defending from Hearts aside, I didn't think there was much between both teams yesterday. 

coffee lol GIF

I mean, Hibs weren’t great but they won with relative ease. Second half we were in the ascendancy but never really looked like scoring and they’d already won the game.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No chance. This is the worst Hearts side I've ever seen, by an absolute distance. Worse than Lockes kids.

Them playing a high line/high press, with the defence they do, is perfect for Aberdeen to counter into. 

This'll be a hammering.

Can see Gallagher and/or Anderson playing for this very reason. Runners into the space beyond Main.

A good time to go to Tynecastle. I’d love to see us try and play our own game. Anderson, Wilson, McGinn and Hedges all starting and we try and pick them apart on the deck or play balls over the top.

Of course we won’t, Main will play on his own and we’ll descend to their level. 1-0 Dons but not much fun to be had.

I'm no one to get all scientific, but if you descend to our level, it won't be Aberdeen 1

Well, yes. We descend to your approximate level, with us being just above you.

Even if it’s a shite Hearts team, a win at Tynecastle is significant, and would be a decent moment in our season. We’re so gash there that any win would be significant.

Is Naismith fit for for this? It could make a massive difference if he is.
I still believe that he's the best player in the league outside the OF and his substitute appearance at Pittodrie in the first game of the season is firmly imprinted on my mind.
With Cosgrove, Ojo and Leigh in the team I would be very confident of a win. However, the possibility of being without all three as well as Considine and Bryson, is worrying. If they're all unavailable it could mean using every CB we have (Devlin, Taylor, Vyner, McKenna) and trying to magic up a midfield/defence out of them, Logan, Ferguson and Campbell.

6 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:

Is Naismith fit for for this? It could make a massive difference if he is.
I still believe that he's the best player in the league outside the OF and his substitute appearance at Pittodrie in the first game of the season is firmly imprinted on my mind.
With Cosgrove, Ojo and Leigh in the team I would be very confident of a win. However, the possibility of being without all three as well as Considine and Bryson, is worrying. If they're all unavailable it could mean using every CB we have (Devlin, Taylor, Vyner, McKenna) and trying to magic up a midfield/defence out of them, Logan, Ferguson and Campbell.

Logan was good at left back, no issue using him there. 
Midfield, as all season, is the problem especially if Ojo out again.

Logan was good at left back, no issue using him there. 
Midfield, as all season, is the problem especially if Ojo out again.
Agreed Logan was good. But I'm worried that if Ojo is out, Vyner plays Midfield and Logan goes back to RB. Not sure who plays LB in that case.
Although wasn't Gallagher labelled as a full back when we signed him?