Cove v Elgin

5 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

My mates and I do a wee bet the crowd on match day and most of us were around 1100-1200 mark so don’t think there was over estimation. Elgin as most clubs do usually under estimate.

Just a query.....why would any club at SPFL level need to 'estimate' their gate? Surely everybody in the ground has gone through the turnstile, or is in hospitality, or is part of the two teams parties, so numbers should be known pretty accurately shouldn't they?

7 hours ago, marello said:

it could happen 2020-2021 if brora really want it - if they don't then hopefully they'll pass on the league title and let Locos have a go, although they saved their worst display of the year for arguably the biggest game, broxburn at hame

think brora be closer to 100 miles away !

[mention=19616]jamamafegan[/mention] I think there’s some merit in when Aberdeen are playing away or not at all then people will come and see Cove.
Elgin have a large fan base and travel in big numbers which was good to see as Aberdeen isn’t just a stones throw away.
Biggest attendance you’ve seen at a L2 game in recent years anyone?

For a standard league game, i.e. not a game where someone could win a league, at a similar time of the season, there was 1800 at Gayfield in January 2017 for a 0-0 draw with Montrose.

Would agree 2-0 flattered Cove. They have a ludicrous amount of central midfielders. Yule was (unsurprisingly) the pick of the bunch for me and he was at right back (I'm aware he can play there). McKay had a real impact when he came on, he should absolutely be starting over O'Keefe for me. The makeshift defence did well but as the 2nd half wore on I became less and less confident that we'd get an equaliser.