Cove v Elgin

It’s been a while since I’ve been on Pie and Bovril and during that time, roughly 5 weeks, it’s clear that Cove’s form has dipped. That’s coincided with injuries yes but also due to teams learning how to play against (in my opinion). Not trying to be negative, we have won 4 out of the last 6 which is great. 

I was at both the Stirling and Brechin home games at Balmoral and both teams could have taken points off of us; especially the Binos. Then we got well and truly obliterated by Annan and deservedly lost to EC.

Even Stenny and QP were unlucky to get nothing.

Elgin are a different proposition in my eyes. A team with a lot of quality players in midfield and especially upfront. Players that could easily play L1 or Championship. I think you’ll get into the playoff positions in the coming weeks.

I hope tomorrow is a fantastic game to watch.

11 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Are we going to be the first? Personally think if we come away with a narrow defeat that is a good result. Nothing too damaging for confidence. Not sure how things are on the injury front?

Could well be but I hope not!! 

In Shane and Hester you have two fantastic strikers. Omar and Cameron are ‘tasty’ players too to quote Stuart Cosgrove.

That’s a shame as I was hoping to see a full strength Elgin side tomorrow.

The hope is that Harry Milne our left back is fit for tomorrow’s game. We’ll still be without Canto, Matty Smith and Daniel Higgins.

Are you going to the game? If so, I hope it’s a good contest and good watch!

1-0 Cove at half time thanks to a 20 yarded from Glass. Not many chances to report of. Cove are playing quite narrow with Blair Yule playing both right back and right wing - our best player so far.

Shane was through on goal and didn’t even get his shot anyway. I think Elgin might get one in the second half. 

should be an interesting 2nd half

So finished 2-0 at Balmoral with Glass scoring the first and creating the second. He stood out as a class above. Right back Blair Yule had a solid game.

Elgin had a couple of half chances but nothing too clear cut. Thought Daniel McKay looked threatening with his pace. Shane and Hester didn’t really get any real service.

Elgin slightly unlucky to lose by 2 I thought.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

So finished 2-0 at Balmoral with Glass scoring the first and creating the second. He stood out as a class above. Right back Blair Yule had a solid game.

Elgin had a couple of half chances but nothing too clear cut. Thought Daniel McKay looked threatening with his pace. Shane and Hester didn’t really get any real service.

Elgin slightly unlucky to lose by 2 I thought.

very reasonable report elgin had 5 key players out today with spark going off at half time so pretty decent performance. Thought 5and 6 very solid for cove  as well as glass who is superb 

1 hour ago, elgin proud said:

very reasonable report elgin had 5 key players out today with spark going off at half time so pretty decent performance. Thought 5and 6 very solid for cove  as well as glass who is superb 

Those players (Cameron included?) I’m sure would given a bit more creativity and supply to your front two. Even without them it was a fairly balanced game to be honest.

A good home win next week please 👌

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I thought Cove were quite fortunate to win that 2-0 yesterday. First game I've managed to get to in a while but I thought a draw would've been a fair result. Very few clear cut chances created, but the ones that were created I thought Sutherlands was the most clear cut. The Elgin keeper had to make a few good saves 2nd half and I thought McKay and Omar put in very good shifts about the pitch. Bit of a blow losing Spark so early on aswell. Overall I think both teams were as good as each other. On another day it could've went the other way. 

Enjoyed the game thought there was some decent football played by both sides. I thought all the Elgin players put in a good shift and a bit unlucky to lose 2-0 although it could have been 5 without some big saves from Mchale. First goal took a deflection wrong footing Mchale but he might think he could have done better, second goal, the ball looked out before it was crossed, great cross it was but no Elgin player appealed. In the end of the day it was Coves better decision making with the final ball/finish that won the day.