Annan v QP

Away from the actual game itself, would it be too much for Annan to open pish and pie facilities at the away end like they used to? 

It's nonsensical to insist that the away support go up the other end and then force them to walk 100 yards back to use facilities. Didn't see the need for blocking off behind the goals either. 

Used to be a decent trip, but the stewards and lack of facilities have been a bit of a ball ache on the past two or three occasions. 

Before anyone points it out, yes I'm acutely aware that Hampden is far from ideal. The point is that Annan did have it spot on before. 

Another frustrating day and another game which was a roller coaster. Mistakes and poor marking are costing too many goals weekly, but we scored two terrific goals and had an absolute assault on the Annan goal with more chances made in the last 10 minutes than in the last three games put together. On another day.......

Wullie Muir again making great saves and good finishes were the highlights and perhaps we deserved a point. Salim was again a star and we might see a QP player score 20 goals in a season.

Annan is always a good trip and welcoming but when fans in their 60s and 70s (QP's Senile Dementia Team) are told to move "immediately" or be ejected from the ground in quite a threatening manner, the club need to have a wee look at themselves. It did create a bad atmosphere.

Massive game next week.

On 29/12/2019 at 13:31, bridgeofweirdo said:
What has happened to the no guts no glory attitude on display in Dumfries a few short weeks ago?.
We need to approach every game as though we were playing higher league opposition because at the moment everything seems to be a bit too lacking....

Yes.

To be fair to Roberts, The team he's put together has shown it can win against very good sides. Individually I don't see we have many passengers, and the manager has seen the problem areas and responded where he can. Collectively though we often don't show the focus and guts until it's too late.

Compared to Gus's sides, we are less organised defensively and too passive off the ball. Not showing for passes or ball watching. Most of our goals conceded recently have just been a lack of alertness in marking and tracking runners. Going forward we seem to lack the confidence to keep it on the deck in midfield.

I'd love experienced heads in January, but no use if we play as individuals.

Edited by Velvet Donkey

Highlights. Positives are two well worked and finished goals for us. Not all our near misses recorded unfortunately. I thought Galt’s miss from 6 yards was probably the easiest to score. There were certainly enough to win the game (perhaps should be noted Annan have only lost one from nine at Galabank).

Defence. Lot of shouts for Clark to be dropped but he wouldn’t have been as weak as Foy was for the first. Really poor defending. Second was 4v1 for Annan at the back post with at least two of our guys marking fresh air. Incredibly poor and leaderless. Third was good work by the Annan winger but his shot was headed straight for Foy until he ducked out the road. I can’t see how he’s got a future in football when he can’t put his body in front of a goal bound shot.

There’s probably only two or three regularly making a difference. Nowhere near enough. The second half charge suggests they wanted to win but why they can’t demonstrate that from the kick-off is beyond me.

Not taking your bait on the first part. 
Roberts is a nice guy, possibly too nice, and it's certainly not all been bad. It would be silly to claim that it had. However, we're currently five points off a relegation playoff to the Lowland League. Did that interview honestly not concern you? 
As I said, there's no point in acting now unless there's someone better available. My point is on next season. We're going to have to be hard headed with both players and management.
If we avoid disaster this season, the question in terms of players is whether you could see them playing in a title challenging team? The answer, in most cases, is probably not. You then move onto the manager and ask yourself if you can see him leading a title challenge? I don't think he's shown enough. 
I don't dislike the guy, I don't feel any vitriol towards him. I'm just not sure he's got it. 

Hands held up.

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Hands held up.

I'm surprised we acted now. I'd be amazed if we don't have someone lined up and in the dugout at Ainslie Park. Will be interesting to see if any familiar faces are in the centre stand on Saturday.