Annan v QP

Would settle for a repeat of that BYOS!

TBH would happily take a 1-0 win and reach the half way point in fourth place.

Annan certainly playing better than we did at Hampden earlier this season so quietly confident. The signing of Nathan Flanagan has given us the impetus we were missing up front and look a different team to what we were in the first quarter.

Our situation concerns me because I do believe we have the players, by and large, to survive but the way we leak goals is worrying. It puts into perspective the injury to Lewis Magee. We looked watertight until that incident and since then our central defence has been weak despite the best player in the team being part of it. Next week is a must win and we take it from there. I think talk of climbing the table is perhaps exaggerated now and comfortable survival more appropriate. It will be interesting to watch personnel movements in January.

Edited by williebraveheart

Roberts' tenure has been one of false dawns. A step forward and two back. Not advocating letting him go right now, but sadly I don't believe he's the man to lead us into the new era beyond this season. 

We need to loosen the purse strings in January and get some quality in. If we don't, we're in a dogfight. 

Potentially some tough decisions to be made in the next few weeks. Roberts is definitely under pressure now despite the good form in November. Defeat to Stenny would be the last straw for me. If Roberts is to stay then we will have to look at adding some quality to the squad in January to try to keep us away from a relegation dogfight.

1 hour ago, Skol1867 said:

Potentially some tough decisions to be made in the next few weeks. Roberts is definitely under pressure now despite the good form in November. Defeat to Stenny would be the last straw for me. If Roberts is to stay then we will have to look at adding some quality to the squad in January to try to keep us away from a relegation dogfight.

"We deserved more than we got."

"At the end of the day, we've ended up with what we've deserved to be brutally honest."

In the space of a 90 second post match interview. Out of his depth. 

Edited by an86

Quite scunnered after today. Not sure how Cammy Foy missed. Having some flashbacks and it’s making me queasy. Interesting that he was in that position and not an attacking player. So many other fantastic opportunities too.
We scored 2 class goals today. Simple fact is we’re never going to win a game if we let 3 in the other end. I thought the defence was our best area...

End of a decade. I wonder what the next will bring for QP...

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

November must have been hell for you. Gus has gone. Roberts is staying. Work with it.

Not taking your bait on the first part. 

Roberts is a nice guy, possibly too nice, and it's certainly not all been bad. It would be silly to claim that it had. However, we're currently five points off a relegation playoff to the Lowland League. Did that interview honestly not concern you? 

As I said, there's no point in acting now unless there's someone better available. My point is on next season. We're going to have to be hard headed with both players and management.

If we avoid disaster this season, the question in terms of players is whether you could see them playing in a title challenging team? The answer, in most cases, is probably not. You then move onto the manager and ask yourself if you can see him leading a title challenge? I don't think he's shown enough. 

I don't dislike the guy, I don't feel any vitriol towards him. I'm just not sure he's got it. 

I do not understand were we are going under Roberts.  He does not seem to know how to get the best out of a team. Where was Gibson, Block and Thomson today. Gibby might not be the fastest but is a good defender. Block has not played well for a few weeks but thought he done well against Cove, but he was not even in the squad. Thomson our best young player for a few years does not get into match squad but plays in a Glasgow Cup tie. He does not seem to have the bottle to drop Joff or Galty when they have been playing poorly for weeks. It's easier to drop the younger boys sign of a weak manager if you ask me. Is it time to have a change. In my opinion yes. His record is poor. We have given him the chance to build his own squad which at the start of the season look if some good players had been brought on board. But league 2 is a battle as Gus taught us. We need some battlers in there. We have none. We are too soft even the big lads in defence. The players he has brought in. 

Muir - Good solid keeper for L2

Finnie - Good solid defender

Jamieson - Good defender poor passer

Little - Far too many mistakes 

Summers - Good player

Clark - not a defender far better at left handside

Gibson - Solid defender at this level. Should be playing 

Foy - Solid defender overcoming horrendous injuries

Galt-Great player but not playing well. 

Joffrey- Need to use him better. Good player seems to running on empty. 

Block - Does not look interested Good player when on it. 

McGrory - Can't get a run. Tidy player. 

Thomson - Real talent. Why not featuring? 

Purdue - Good on ball but not suited to league 2 

Moore - Hard working player. Also needs a run. 

Sal - Keeping Mark in a job. 

Alfie - I don't see a player in there. 

Billy - Hard working. What's his best position? 

James - Too many mistakes. Easy to drop

Luke - Good young battler

Just my opinion. I think a change at the top and bring someone with experience in we cannot take the risk of the drop down to lowland league. All the other teams seem to be picking up results now. 

I do not understand were we are going under Roberts.  He does not seem to know how to get the best out of a team. Where was Gibson, Block and Thomson today. Gibby might not be the fastest but is a good defender. Block has not played well for a few weeks but thought he done well against Cove, but he was not even in the squad. Thomson our best young player for a few years does not get into match squad but plays in a Glasgow Cup tie. He does not seem to have the bottle to drop Joff or Galty when they have been playing poorly for weeks. It's easier to drop the younger boys sign of a weak manager if you ask me. Is it time to have a change. In my opinion yes. His record is poor. We have given him the chance to build his own squad which at the start of the season look if some good players had been brought on board. But league 2 is a battle as Gus taught us. We need some battlers in there. We have none. We are too soft even the big lads in defence. The players he has brought in.  Muir - Good solid keeper for L2 Finnie - Good solid defender Jamieson - Good defender poor passer

Little - Far too many mistakes 

Summers - Good player

Clark - not a defender far better at left handside

Gibson - Solid defender at this level. Should be playing 

Foy - Solid defender overcoming horrendous injuries

Galt-Great player but not playing well. 

Joffrey- Need to use him better. Good player seems to running on empty. 

Block - Does not look interested Good player when on it. 

McGrory - Can't get a run. Tidy player. 

Thomson - Real talent. Why not featuring? 

Purdue - Good on ball but not suited to league 2 

Moore - Hard working player. Also needs a run. 

Sal - Keeping Mark in a job. 

Alfie - I don't see a player in there. 

Billy - Hard working. What's his best position? 

James - Too many mistakes. Easy to drop

Luke - Good young battler

Just my opinion. I think a change at the top and bring someone with experience in we cannot take the risk of the drop down to lowland league. All the other teams seem to be picking up results now. 

On your point regarding Thomson, Block and Gibby - Thomson not playing is more of a club decision than only Roberts. I’m confident he won’t be at the club past January. Gibby is a sad one but I don’t blame Mark. He’s slow and unfit, he’s not been at his best for some time. I can’t blame anyone for leaving him out. As for Tommy, he looked a real player at the start of the season. Tommy and Main were replaced to allow another striker and McGrory came in for more creativeness. I just don’t think this batch of players have the quality.

I’m personally in the “shitting it” camp. I hope we kick on and look stronger in the second half of the season. If there’s more months like December then we are 100% in serious danger.