Edinburgh City Vs. Cowdenbeath

Horrendous game. Felt we were the much better side first 30 but then fell away. Draw probably fair but we couldn’t defend a set piece so City can say they deserved their win and we can’t really argue. 
The City number 7 was a right wee diving goon. 
In the pie queue surrounded by Dutch and Shetlanders. Different crowd.

We started second half a bit better too but despite knocking it about well at times lately and getting a foot in to begin with today we still don’t really look like scoring regularly.

We let them have possession at the back and kept our shape so they were more or less chance less until the goal.

However, even though we defended well enough to get a point once we conceded i never felt we would get one back.

The second was a farce and even though we let it bounce the keeper should have comfortably taken care of it.

Edinburgh did play some good balls into the box and from their point of view it was a good set piece goal but if someone had blocked Henderson from getting a clear run at the ball for his header it was going to finish 0-0.

11 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

We started second half a bit better too but despite knocking it about well at times lately and getting a foot in to begin with today we still don’t really look like scoring regularly.

We let them have possession at the back and kept our shape so they were more or less chance less until the goal.

However, even though we defended well enough to get a point once we conceded i never felt we would get one back.

The second was a farce and even though we let it bounce the keeper should have comfortably taken care of it.

Edinburgh did play some good balls into the box and from their point of view it was a good set piece goal but if someone had blocked Henderson from getting a clear run at the ball for his header it was going to finish 0-0.

Fair assessment of the game. 

We always sit far too deep and let the opposition boss the midfield. We are often too slow to react as well. I wish we would try to play it on the deck when upfront. Instead, our tactic still resorts to lumping the ball in the air to little effect. We are tight (normally) at the back, but lacking in ideas upfront.

Who was shouting leave it for the second goal? It sounded like it came from the bench when it was obvious we should have attacked the ball. 

I assume someone was blocking Henderson’s marker as he was free quite a few times. This is clearly a tactic our rivals from Edinburgh use a lot as he’s got a few goals this season.  

The St Bernard’s bar is not good. That’s my real take home from today. 

Saw Dene Shields though. Got a semi.

5 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

I assume someone was blocking Henderson’s marker as he was free quite a few times. This is clearly a tactic our rivals from Edinburgh use a lot as he’s got a few goals this season.  

The St Bernard’s bar is not good. That’s my real take home from today. 

Saw Dene Shields though. Got a semi.

Surely the sight of Joe Mbu was worthy of more than a semi.

First half was brutal, and would have put off any neutrals from returning.

Cowden started the game well and looked decent, certainly the better team in the first 30 minutes.  Although didn't look like scoring.

Always felt eventually, City would have enough quality to score and nick a 1-0 win. 

Pleased at the end of the day to win that one 2-0, (due to unfortunate mix up with Cowden goalie)  as it was a close game.

From what I’ve seen we miss Archie in midfield. The only player really comfortable taking the ball a bit deeper and moving it on quickly. Miller and Herd are fine but not good enough on the ball. 

Barr had an unusually poor game as well I felt. Will let him off as he’s been great. Hamilton once again our best player - that lad deserves a chance at Hearts sadly. He’s better than Berra. 

9 hours ago, The reformed Spiv said:

Can we have David Cox off you please. Always liked him. Our fans like him. 

He'll be in a city shirt next season 

Only if you can’t find a sex offender or a axe murderer who will fit in better with your current squad.

But have to give credit to the Tory c**t public schoolboy Jonny Court, spends a year doing missionary work in Methil then takes up a role working with sex offenders. At least his parents can tell friends at their dinner parties, their son has a job in the cIty 😂

Edited by Brazilianlex
Cos !

The 1st half was probably the worst game of football i have seen for a few seasons. The ball was lucky if it touched the deck a handful of times! 

Cowden were really well organised and compact without really offering any goal threat. Whilst City weren't up to their usual standards, we always looked more likely to nick a goal.

I thought Alan Smith was superb and should have been awarded MOM.

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Only if you can’t find a sex offender or a axe murderer who will fit in better with your current squad.

But have to give credit to the Tory c**t public schoolboy Jonny Court, spends a year doing missionary work in Methil then takes up a role working with sex offenders. At least his parents can tell friends at their dinner parties, their son has a job in the cIty 😂

Still seething aye?