Celtic 1 - 2 Rangers. Glasgow is Red, White and Blue

That's what's so laughable.
It starts off as an appeal to assist referrers in their difficult task.
It then becomes a list of petty grievances, before they brazenly accuse refs of singling out their player.  It's an absolutely embarrassing way for a club to behave.

Yep. I’m not a fan but there is a reasonable argument to be made for VAR, and after a victory is even decent timing as it’s not necessarily sour grapes.

And yet....

8 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

This.

i predicted a comfortable Celtic win, not expecting them to set up or play as badly as they did in the league cup final. Man for man, Celtic have the better players, but Gerrard nailed it. Lennon was/ is the cheap shite option and it may well come back to haunt them. Watch as his behaviour deteriorate as the pressure mounts......

Do they have the better players? 

Keeper, probably equal, 

Fullbacks, rangers are much better, especially left back, celtics fullbacks dont threaten like they used to

Centre halves, arguably rangers are better again, more dominant, more physical, more of a threat

Midfield 3, davis is a better player than any of celtics 3, jack and kamara are just as good as Mcgregor imo, christie flatters to decieve, brown (while getting old) brings a lot to celtic through his mentality which cannot be ignored, Mcgregor is a good player just rangers system nullified his forward runs

Wingers, aribo isnt consistent enough, but neither is johnston, kent is miles away better than any of they two plus forrest, forrest has fell off a cliff

Strikers, meh, both are just as good for what their team requires of them, morelos is more of a target man, sits on the last man and bullies him, takes the defence focus off our other players (kent unmarked in the box for thr first goal for example) , edouard instead finds the pockets of space in dangerous areas (his goal at ibrox, found the space to run into and done us) 

What celtic have over rangers is a winning mentality that comes with years of success, but gerrard is installing a greater degree of fight and determination which on days like yesterday can overcome inexperience of winning big games

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:
9 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:
Throwback to the time they actually placed stewards on each goalpost at full time. 

They still do this at full time.

Really?   Haven't noticed.  Ever since rangers cut our allocation after deciding ibrox wasn't a venue you were allowed to celebrate in, I've not been able to land a ticket for our last three visits. 

37 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

VAR, if used fairly, would cost the Old Firm many points a season. It's human nature the referees shite it at Parkhead and Ibrox.

In what way, can you highlight a wrong decision thats went rangers or celtics way this season that has either won them the game or turned the game in their favour allowing them to go on and win the game? 

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

In what way, can you highlight a wrong decision thats went rangers or celtics way this season that has either won them the game or turned the game in their favour allowing them to go on and win the game? 

It's strange how VAR is only going to cost Celtic and Rangers points and not any other team too.

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yep. I’m not a fan but there is a reasonable argument to be made for VAR, and after a victory is even decent timing as it’s not necessarily sour grapes.

And yet....

I genuinely don't know whether the authors of such rubbish are genuinely deluded.  Do they actually believe that Rangers are unfairly treated on the whole, by match officials?

Or is it a dispassionate thoroughly cynical exercise in stoking the flames of an irrational, paranoid fanbase, because it serves their broader purposes? 

I don't know which would be less impressive to be honest, but I do wonder about it.  Maybe it's a bit of both.

I genuinely don't know whether the authors of such rubbish are genuinely deluded.  Do they actually believe that Rangers are unfairly treated on the whole, by match officials?
Or is it a dispassionate thoroughly cynical exercise in stoking the flames of an irrational, paranoid fanbase, because it serves their broader purposes? 
I don't know which would be less impressive to be honest, but I do wonder about it.  Maybe it's a bit of both.

Oh it’s clearly the latter. They know their audience, that’s for sure.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Oh it’s clearly the latter. They know their audience, that’s for sure.

Yes, probably.

Is Traynor still behind them?  I'm sure he would indeed be cynical in his approach. I suspect he probably despises Rangers fans.  I well remember him on Radio Scotland years ago, referring to "the OF and the morons who support these clubs".  He has however since left my personal Hall of Fame.

I also think however, that the delusion probably does reach quite high.  

5 minutes ago, sexybaldyguy said:

Both Rangers and Celtic fans should be careful of what they wish for when it comes to VAR.

Us “diddy” Club supporters have most to benefit from VAR when playing Rangers / Celtic, given the amount of dodgy decisions given against us over the years.

A lot of Aberdeen fans were screaming for var last week, so it's not just us and them and personally I'd rather not have it for reasons previously explained. 

We've had quite a few dodgy decisions against us while playing smaller teams (including St Mirren), it happens. 

4 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Some things in the statement correct but VAR is a pile of shite that will ruin the game for match going supporters.

Because the enjoyment the average supporter gets out of the game is such a high priority for you lot :lol:

25 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Their wee ned should get a big ban for that gesture, as any other player or coach would.  No pathetic outbursts from Sevco should deflect from that.  

The throat slitting gesture is a common way to express that 'time's up'in many parts of South America. Nothing remotely sinister about it.

Just as the Ulster salute was honestly nothing to do with a seig heil.

I know because BBC Scotland gave airtime to a Rangers fan representative so he could explain the misunderstanding.

51 minutes ago, sexybaldyguy said:

Both Rangers and Celtic fans should be careful of what they wish for when it comes to VAR.

Us “diddy” Club supporters have most to benefit from VAR when playing Rangers / Celtic, given the amount of dodgy decisions given against us over the years.

Can you highlight one incident this season that "diddy" clubs as you call them were done out of a point or 3 by the old firm benefitting from a wrong decision

Just one will do