Celtic 1 - 2 Rangers. Glasgow is Red, White and Blue

34 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
47 minutes ago, MJC said:
Was it not because of his support of the Tories after the recent election?
You know how it is, "Celtic FC, a club open to people of all backgrounds, all creeds.............but only if you hold the same political views and leanings as the majority our sanctimonious, left leaning, hypocritical blowhard support".

I really don't like what you post usually but you have hit the nail on the head there, remember it is not the majority of the normal Celtic fans who think that way, just the wee edgy matching jaikit brigade arseholes. Utter vermin the lot of them, they would not know St Michael the Archangel if he asked them to Recite The Apostles Creed, but ask them to sing Boys of the Old Brigade.......

I don't buy this 'it's a minority' it clearly isn't. That pious, sanctimonious mindset runs all the way from Peter Lawwell in their Chief Executive's office right down to the green parka clad, would-be militant moonhowler in the 'Green Brigade'. Obviously the green brigade are the most vocal element of their unsavoury support but in my experience the 'holier than thou on one hand whilst wanting to be the big man and push everyone around whilst shoving their views in everyones face on the other' element of their support are very common. 

Hence why I go out my way to have little to zero interaction with Celtic fans.

Guest Moomintroll

I don't buy this 'it's a minority' it clearly isn't. That pious, sanctimonious mindset runs all the way from Peter Lawwell in their Chief Executive's office right down to the green parka clad, would-be militant moonhowler in the 'Green Brigade'. Obviously the green brigade are the most vocal element of their unsavoury support but in my experience the 'holier than thou on one hand whilst wanting to be the big man and push everyone around whilst shoving their views in everyones face on the other' element of their support are very common. 

I can only go on the opinions of my Celtic supporting family members & friends who wish nothing but a pox on the matching jaikit brigade & their abhorrent shite. I know a few people, in the interests of fairness, who lap it up, but like the Britain First fuckwits on the other side, it is best to ignore their moonhowling.

32 minutes ago, MJC said:

Your posts are hilarious, I didn't realise a member of sevco's coaching staff was sent off with wee Freddo plus Slippy G slapping Lennon's hand instead of shaking it.
It was also clear to see the sevco fans not respecting the minutes applause but that was to be expected.
Asking people to act in a civil and professional manner with all that built up anger is maybe too much for some people.    

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Your posts are hilarious, I didn't realise a member of sevco's coaching staff was sent off with wee Freddo plus Slippy G slapping Lennon's hand instead of shaking it.
It was also clear to see the sevco fans not respecting the minutes applause but that was to be expected.
Asking people to act in a civil and professional manner with all that built up anger is maybe too much for some people.    

Bad Sevco. 

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Was it not because of his support of the Tories after the recent election?

You know how it is, "Celtic FC, a club open to people of all backgrounds, all creeds.............but only if you hold the same political views and leanings as the majority our sanctimonious, left leaning, hypocritical blowhard support".

He tweeted a congratulations tweet yesterday which kicked it all off again. 

A fair chance that this could go to the wire and if the table stays as it is there could be a bit of last day hilarity in May.

Potential scenes again with Celtic/Rangers playing away to Motherwell, Hibs or Aberdeen (given they can't both play at home).

Livi would be a tough away day for them both as well given recent form.

Popcorn out in advance.

5 hours ago, TavTastic said:

I agree Celtic have some great players at this level and ones that would absolutely get in our line-up every time. I don't agree on the "man for man they are better in every position". Take the full back example. The tactic set up that we had crowded the middle and gave the Celtic full backs lots of space but only the Celtic fullbacks. Barisic and Tavernier are just better, more experienced, players than what Celtic have in those positions and would have done more with that amount of the possession than Frimpong (who is raw but has great potential) and Boli (who is a poor footballer) as they are better at passing/crossing. 

To be clear, I don’t think that Celtic are better in every position, but they are in most of them. Gerrard, it appears to me anyway, is proving himself quite an astute manager and certainly better than Lennon. 

tavernier is shite though. 

First time in what, 10 years? That Rangers have actually been the better side. Just better everywhere. Looked way more hungry. All that credit has to go to Gerrard. He's a young manager that is learning his craft and he just went to the Champions at Celtic park and absolutely dominated them. I honestly wasn't sold on the Gerrard appt and felt like it was just an apprenticeship to see if he could go to Liverpool but I gotta give the guy his due. He won that game.

Edited by BradHorse

26 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Unreal statement. What a club. 

ETA: And by what a club, I mean, what horrible, entitled *** b*****ds 

Well reasoned argument from Alli there.

Anyway not too keen on VAR,  it slows the game down too much  and for me spoils it. Refs getting things wrong is part and parcel of fitba, moaning or gloating about decisions makes the game more enjoyable.  Some you get and some you don't. 

I can see how giving Refs a bit of help would benefit but we'll end up with a slowed down game,  like American football.  Last week quite a few PnBers were making similar claims regarding VAR, will they now change their minds?

If people can take off the Sevco blinkers then they'll agree that the way Scottish fitba has singled one player out  for the special treatment isn't on.

6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Even in Victory the Rangers PR department can't resist releasing a ridiculous club statement

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-repeat-var-call/

If those decisions had went against celtic, would they have kept quiet about them?

Like it or not, VAR is very topical right now.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

If people can take off the Sevco blinkers then they'll agree that the way Scottish fitba has singled one player out  for the special treatment isn't on.

Care to elaborate or attempt to substantiate that, son? 

Edited by Milnzo