Celtic 1 - 2 Rangers. Glasgow is Red, White and Blue

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Watched the first half of this and Gerrard won the tactical battle hands down. Celtic have better players, I think, but the way that the likes of Christie and Edouard were nullified speaks to a superior set-up by Gerrard.

I have a feeling Celtic will massively regret taking the cheap option in Lennon.

This.

i predicted a comfortable Celtic win, not expecting them to set up or play as badly as they did in the league cup final. Man for man, Celtic have the better players, but Gerrard nailed it. Lennon was/ is the cheap shite option and it may well come back to haunt them. Watch as his behaviour deteriorate as the pressure mounts......

34 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

This.

i predicted a comfortable Celtic win, not expecting them to set up or play as badly as they did in the league cup final. Man for man, Celtic have the better players, but Gerrard nailed it. Lennon was/ is the cheap shite option and it may well come back to haunt them. Watch as his behaviour deteriorate as the pressure mounts......

I agree Celtic have some great players at this level and ones that would absolutely get in our line-up every time. I don't agree on the "man for man they are better in every position". Take the full back example. The tactic set up that we had crowded the middle and gave the Celtic full backs lots of space but only the Celtic fullbacks. Barisic and Tavernier are just better, more experienced, players than what Celtic have in those positions and would have done more with that amount of the possession than Frimpong (who is raw but has great potential) and Boli (who is a poor footballer) as they are better at passing/crossing. 

Edited by TavTastic

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Thanks to that laughably juvenile, stupid pre-match banner I was reminded of the motto of my home town.

"St Michael is kinde to strangers."

I thought it was nice of Celtic fans to invoke the supernatural on behalf of their visitors.

Michael is also the patron saint of Dumfries.

He's overexposed.

Has it been confirmed yet who Clancy gave the second yellow at the penalty?

From the highlights it looks like either Brown or Kamara (both where booked later in the game and not shown red for second yellow so it can't be).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/50942595 37 seconds

Edited by boulderdomb

Didn't see Sir Rod at the game, chased away by GB scum?

He’s been getting no end of bigoted, political abuse from Sellik fans on Twitter.

Clancy gave them most of the decisions today and they still got dominated in their own hovel. 
He got lots of major things wrong:
1 - Rangers should have had a penalty for a tug on Morelos' shirt in the box by Jullien in the first half.
2 - Christie should have recieved a second yellow card for the grab on Morelos.
3 - Jullien should have recieved a straight red card for the foul on Morelos last man. Bizarrely given as a foul against Morelos.
4 - Rangers should had a penalty for a tug on Aribo in the corner before the corner we scored from. Wasn't as quick to give that as he did for the one Christie bottled.
I agree with you in real time that the handball is difficult to see and I don't think it's obvious enough to be upset about it. VAR would chalk that off but VAR is garbage so I'd rather have mistakes like that than have it.

Watching Sportscene now btw and that opening goal is absolutely beautiful. A great team move and an awesome finish.

You forgot the clean, ball winning tackle from Ryan Jack down in the Celtic corner that somehow was given as a free kick to them. Probably the least disputable decision of the day as seen in video below.

2 hours ago, TavTastic said:

I agree Celtic have some great players at this level and ones that would absolutely get in our line-up every time. I don't agree on the "man for man they are better in every position". Take the full back example. The tactic set up that we had crowded the middle and gave the Celtic full backs lots of space but only the Celtic fullbacks. Barisic and Tavernier are just better, more experienced, players than what Celtic have in those positions and would have done more with that amount of the possession than Frimpong (who is raw but has great potential) and Boli (who is a poor footballer) as they are better at passing/crossing. 

I agree, Bolingoli looks like a Hibs-level player to me. Frimpong will get better but rookies rarely do well in OF games, especially when the game is going against their side. 

Forrest and McGregor have in the past been better than their equivalents at Rangers but that's two poor OF games in a row from them, making you wonder if they've got what it takes in the highest pressure games. Rangers looked mentally tougher.

I think Gerard won the tactical battle too - no big feat, Lennon is an average manager who somehow moved up after being sacked by Hibs - but the difference in standard of player now is not all that great.

I reckon Celtic are still slightly better equipped than Rangers to beat the rest of the league, but Rangers look better head-to-head now.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

They're not happy with him again, for congratulating Sevco. 

Still not welcome. 

Was it not because of his support of the Tories after the recent election?

You know how it is, "Celtic FC, a club open to people of all backgrounds, all creeds.............but only if you hold the same political views and leanings as the majority our sanctimonious, left leaning, hypocritical blowhard support".

Guest Moomintroll
You know how it is, "Celtic FC, a club open to people of all backgrounds, all creeds.............but only if you hold the same political views and leanings as the majority our sanctimonious, left leaning, hypocritical blowhard support".
I really don't like what you post usually but you have hit the nail on the head there, remember it is not the majority of the normal Celtic fans who think that way, just the wee edgy matching jaikit brigade arseholes. Utter vermin the lot of them, they would not know St Michael the Archangel if he asked them to Recite The Apostles Creed, but ask them to sing Boys of the Old Brigade.......

36 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

Has it been confirmed yet who Clancy gave the second yellow at the penalty?

From the highlights it looks like either Brown or Kamara (both where booked later in the game and not shown red for second yellow so it can't be).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/50942595 37 seconds

He didn't give a second yellow. He flashed the yellow twice as he did it towards the wrong player first. Only Katic was booked there.

9 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
22 minutes ago, MJC said:

I really don't like what you post usually but you have hit the nail on the head there, remember it is not the majority of the normal Celtic fans who think that way, just the wee edgy matching jaikit brigade arseholes. Utter vermin the lot of them, they would not know St Michael the Archangel if he asked them to Recite The Apostles Creed, but ask them to sing Boys of the Old Brigade.......

tenor.gif?itemid=9214832