SONS VS BLUES

37 minutes ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

Yeah I know there is nothing official but that is the story that is doing the rounds since it emerged in the paper yday aswell as Joao returning a guy who has turned us down the past 2 summers I wouldn't give him another opportunity.

Did he play in the middle of the park for yous? I am led to believe he is now a striker, I would like to think there were younger, hungrier strikers playing at that level who could do a job and would jump at the chance to go senior.

He played up front for us and in midfield. Was largely hopeless, he did score an important goal against Ayr, but then Gary Locke lost his mind and signed him for Raith whilst sending us Lewis Vaughan, in what must be regarded as the greatest/stupidest swap deal ever made in Scottish football.

3 hours ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

Yeah I know there is nothing official but that is the story that is doing the rounds since it emerged in the paper yday aswell as Joao returning a guy who has turned us down the past 2 summers I wouldn't give him another opportunity.

Did he play in the middle of the park for yous? I am led to believe he is now a striker, I would like to think there were younger, hungrier strikers playing at that level who could do a job and would jump at the chance to go senior.

Blue toon hungrier younger strikers are in big demand within the three leagues, I am afraid it’s horses for courses to give us a chance to stay in this league, I am sure Faz will have done his homework.

Some wee Turkish guy has read Stranraer team news and lumped on Dumbarton scoring loads. He's wishing anal bummings for our children on the twitter feed. 
There's a lot of seethe being directed towards because a load of idiots fell for some bum tip that recommended backing us. Makes today feel like a victory.

Seems like Stranraer had the better of that game and should have won.We seriously need to  strengthen .On another day we would have lost that  but we cant be down to 2 subs on the bench.Squad numbers need to be at 19/20
Didn't think Stranraer did enough to win the game...but we probably didn't either

McLuskie made a difference when he came on...brought a bit of energy at the right time

McKee looked gubbed by about 80 mins

Really poor situation to be in only having one available sub...I am assuming the club / Duffy will be doing something about that before the next game

32 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

Didn't think Stranraer did enough to win the game...but we probably didn't either

McLuskie made a difference when he came on...brought a bit of energy at the right time

McKee looked gubbed by about 80 mins

Really poor situation to be in only having one available sub...I am assuming the club / Duffy will be doing something about that before the next game

Well we had only 11 first team squad available. 2 of which are goalies. 4 boys from south of Scotland league. 1 started at centre half. No experience of this level. We probably deserved to edge it and it would have been a travesty if we hadn't taken something. Great effort and some good performances. Summed up our season conceding so late. 

Really frustrating afternoon and the game probably went the way stranraer would have hoped, fair play to them for that. That's the 2nd home game where another team have put us right off our stride by hard work and organisation. Hutton done his part in trying to get us on the ball and playing, but three of the players in front if him didn't do enough for me, Scullion gets some credit for his role in our goal and Tierney for finishing it, but the other 3 have got to offer more.

Draw was a fair reflection of a poor game. That said, 1-0 up so late in the game and we should have seen it out for the 3 points. 

Lots of effort but little attacking quality. Thought Hutton played very well - covered a hell of a lot of ground, won his tackles and used the ball well.