SONS VS BLUES

Couldnt see a thread for this so i thought i might as well....Should be a close game and we will need the likes of Layne and Frizzell back if we want a positive result.I imagine Stranraer will be really up for this given their position.I just hope we are and we don't turn up a la montrose because we will get turned over.Any news on Layne Jan?

Wish Stranraer all the best as they head into their 150th year.They have a great manager(WELL I LIKE HIM)  and i hope they can stay up just as long as its not at our expense.Many many years since i went to SP.That time we were gubbed thanks to Derek Cook and Colin Harkness IIRC.Anyways roll on Saturday....

Stevie Farrell always shows great enthusiasm, honest without giving offence, working with limited resources at present. Ithink he'd do well at a bigger club.

4 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Couldnt see a thread for this so i thought i might as well....Should be a close game and we will need the likes of Layne and Frizzell back if we want a positive result.I imagine Stranraer will be really up for this given their position.I just hope we are and we don't turn up a la montrose because we will get turned over.Any news on Layne Jan?

Wish Stranraer all the best as they head into their 150th year.They have a great manager(WELL I LIKE HIM)  and i hope they can stay up just as long as its not at our expense.Many many years since i went to SP.That time we were gubbed thanks to Derek Cook and Colin Harkness IIRC.Anyways roll on Saturday....

Stevie Farrell always shows great enthusiasm, honest without giving offence, working with limited resources at present. Ithink he'd do well at a bigger club.

I must say I do like the was Faz comes across but unfortunately that’s not transpired on to the park.
Hands have been tied with lack of budget as mentioned but the manager has made a few questionable signings, as most managers do but that’s really blighted us given how small a squad we’ve got.

Haven’t got a clue how this one will pan out. Not to state the obvious but really need three points though.

Checks on Frizzell,Shiels and Crossan.Doesnt mention Layne.If both are out we will have to go with Tierney.Personally i'd rather Mcgeever in that role.!!!!
https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=4247
This ever growing injury list makes Duffy's decision to let 3 players go out on loan, prior to the January window, even more daft with each passing week. I know none of them were exactly balon d'or material but we could be looking at having 1 outfield player on the bench tomorrow and Ryan fucking Tierney playing as a lone striker.

If Crossan and Layne are both out and we are running with no options on the bench then Stranraer wont get a better chance at 3 points all season.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

This ever growing injury list makes Duffy's decision to let 3 players go out on loan, prior to the January window, even more daft with each passing week. I know none of them were exactly balon d'or material but we could be looking at having 1 outfield player on the bench tomorrow and Ryan fucking Tierney playing as a lone striker.

If Crossan and Layne are both out and we are running with no options on the bench then Stranraer wont get a better chance at 3 points all season.

The only one that baffles me is JM.He is good cover in an area where we have none.Even so i would rather RT than Mati Zata any day.UTD got him from the same agent as Victor Ferreyra it would appear.Maybe rooM for Jai Q as a trialist?????Any info JAN V?

Edited by lorenzo71

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

The only one that baffles me is JM.He is good cover in an area where we have none.Even so i would rather RT than Mati Zata any day.UTD got him from the same agent as Victor Ferreyra it would appear.Maybe rooM for Jai Q as a trialist?????Any info JAN V?

Jan has spent the vast majority of this week spewing and sleeping so unfortunately has no information on anything.

2 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Think you injuries are bad just take a look at Stranraer web page only 10 players available we had Chris Aiken on the bench last week, and have lost another 4 this week.

7 minutes ago, thomas 62 said:

Think you injuries are bad just take a look at Stranraer web page only 10 players available we had Chris Aiken on the bench last week, and have lost another 4 this week.

Had no idea mate,,we are both in bad shape.It doesnt rain it pours....

8 minutes ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

So the story goes, thought he had retired till I seen the new article yesterday. Good or bad signing who knows.

4 south of Scotland players up today with first team so we might hav a bit of dig out of the local lads.

I can't see anything official, your club website certainly doesn't confirm it. He was completely finished for us a few years back, that's why I'm struggling to believe it's true.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I can't see anything official, your club website certainly doesn't confirm it. He was completely finished for us a few years back, that's why I'm struggling to believe it's true.

Yeah I know there is nothing official but that is the story that is doing the rounds since it emerged in the paper yday aswell as Joao returning a guy who has turned us down the past 2 summers I wouldn't give him another opportunity.

Did he play in the middle of the park for yous? I am led to believe he is now a striker, I would like to think there were younger, hungrier strikers playing at that level who could do a job and would jump at the chance to go senior.