City V Rovers

Bit of a 6 pointer this.

Both teams are decent actually,  don't think either will go down.

When you think back to last season, and the Rovers team at the beginning before Kevin Harper took over and also Berwick Rangers, both were really poor teams.

This season's not like that though, both here should be fine.  At the moment Stenhoosemuir might  be favourites for bottom spot.

8 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

Are City fans expecting wholesale changes in January?

This game will be a lot tighter than most think given the form. Massive game for both sides.

No inside information but I suspect it will be directly proportional to what the fighting fund yields.   Need 2 or 3 quality additions that don’t need too long to get up to speed. We’ve improved but we’ll be missing Hill and Reekie tmrw. Prob same XI as last weekend with Watt and  Duncanson starting. Timing isn’t great - could have done with our best team out for this one but still hopeful and a long way to go as long as we can keep an upward trajectory. Looking forward to a big turnout from City fans to get behind the boys tomorrow

4 hours ago, Brechinforever said:

I hope the real fans can contribute to the fighting fund as a Brechin supporter since 1959 it would be criminal to consign this great club to the Highland League,or worse,oblivion.I hope the fans can rally around,attend the games ,and save this great club.

Better hope the Pyramid Brigaders on the Lowland League forum don't read this. They want you gone.

4 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Better hope the Pyramid Brigaders on the Lowland League forum don't read this. They want you gone.

Not just the Lowland Leaguers that want us gone ..................Some more illustrious top league clubs have been trying since the 60s. ;)

Edited by theoriginalhedge

A result that I don’t think either side will be particularly happy with, tho we are now a point closer to Stenny I suppose. Not your average goalless draw, with loads of half chances for both teams. Rovers will feel they had the better clear chances and McMinn continues to impress having made a very good save in the 2nd half when they looked consistently dangerous on the break. That said, we had 10 corners and failed to make of any of them. On another day this could easily have finished 2-2 or 3-3.

I thought we played well at times. Olly Hamilton had a good first half tho he lost his way in the 2nd and started running into trouble and/or making the wrong decision again. Thought McCord was very good, corners excepted. Crawford did quite well too although there were at least two occasions up the hill in the first half where if he gambled on a low ball fizzed across the box, he would definitely have scored. Also liked Duncanson linking up with Hamilton in the first half

Red card seemed harsh - understand it was a second yellow which I missed somehow but I thought it was just a case of two guys genuinely going for the same  header and one getting there fractionally quicker. 

In general we are continuing to show improvement (esp given we had a couple of first teamers suspended today and only 14 to choose from in total). But could have really done with nicking a win today as we have Cove at the Glebe next week. Hopefully one or two new faces will be in before too long, if not by then