Forfar realistic goals for second half of the season

With the half way mark of the season here , I’m looking at what would represent a good second half of the season at FAFC. 

We sit 9th, after picking up a massive 3 points in Wigtownshire on Saturday past. Stranraer look doomed, but I remember in the not too distant past, the hedgecutters were also “dead and buried” at this stage of the season, they caught us, we went down, they survived and then won promotion the following year! 

Looking at the turnaround since Malcs took over fills me with some optimism. January will be pivotal if we are to stay up. Montrose on 28th of this month is a huge game. 3 points here and we give ourselves a huge chance of survival. But with away days at Airdrie and Falkirk, sandwiched with a home tie V Raith, points will be hard to come by. The defence seems stronger since the change of Managment. Even though Dumbarton gave us 4, they were all great strikes, fault cant be placed at the defenders door for that. We are now scoring for fun, and hopefully can surprise the big boys at the top. I don’t see Stranraer picking up more than 3 points a month but we need to get ourselves up the league. 

Is is it too unrealistic to hope to be around 4th place come May? Time will tell. Right now, survival is enough  

With the half way mark of the season here , I’m looking at what would represent a good second half of the season at FAFC. 

We sit 9th, after picking up a massive 3 points in Wigtownshire on Saturday past. Stranraer look doomed, but I remember in the not too distant past, the hedgecutters were also “dead and buried” at this stage of the season, they caught us, we went down, they survived and then won promotion the following year! 
Looking at the turnaround since Malcs took over fills me with some optimism. January will be pivotal if we are to stay up. Montrose on 28th of this month is a huge game. 3 points here and we give ourselves a huge chance of survival. But with away days at Airdrie and Falkirk, sandwiched with a home tie V Raith, points will be hard to come by. The defence seems stronger since the change of Managment. Even though Dumbarton gave us 4, they were all great strikes, fault cant be placed at the defenders door for that. We are now scoring for fun, and hopefully can surprise the big boys at the top. I don’t see Stranraer picking up more than 3 points a month but we need to get ourselves up the league. 

Is is it too unrealistic to hope to be around 4th place come May? Time will tell. Right now, survival is enough  
Your defending against us was absolute honky tonk.

9 hours ago, Farfirloon93 said:

Time will tell. Right now, survival is enough  

FTFY

Right now I'd settle for a safe 8th with a few games to go then let Malcs look at who stays, who goes and and target who comes in to have a real go at season 2020/21. Possibilities of League 1 being more or less a part time division again next year.

However, I'd be more than happy for us to climb the division and continue to gain confidence that we are under the new gaffer and his management team. The best bit is the passion that's back in the team and the majority seemingly wanting to be there. Nothing against Jim Weir, I liked him, but it's plain to see the team spirit is back. Stalwarts like Travis and Bain stand out as guys who didn't look happy but still gave their all for JW now appear to be back to loving wearing the shirt.

Right now I'd settle for a safe 8th

Stalwarts like Travis and Bain stand out as guys who didn't look happy but still gave their all for JW now appear to be back to loving wearing the shirt.

1. Amen to that brother.

2. Bain seemed out of the picture under Mr Weir, glad he's now getting a chance.