Coaching Carousel

lichtie23

With Black Monday only 6 days away let’s look at who could be getting the punt from their Head Coaching jobs and who could replace them.

AVAILABLE:

Washington Redskins

Carolina Panthers

HOT SEAT:

Pat Shurmur (Giants)

Dan Quinn (Falcons)

Doug Marrone (Jaguars)

Jason Garrett (Cowboys)

Freddie Kitchens (Browns)

I’d have put Matt Patricia on that hot seat list but the Lions confirmed last week he will be staying.

So who will be the top head coaching names? Mike McCarthey has already interviewd for the Panthers jobs according to reports. Baylor HC Matt Rhule will be a name linked with numerous jobs again this year (he interviewed with the Jets last year). Cowboys Kellen Moore will get some chat as well, may even replace Garrett. Ron Rivera should get a job somewhere and I wouldn’t mind him getting the Giants job.

Other names include Ravens OC Greg Roman, Urban Meyer, Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy, Nebraska HC Lincoln Reilly, 49ers DC Robert Salah and Stanford HC David Shaw.

I think Quinn and Marrone will end up getting another year - justified or not.

Cowboys will be the most interesting one. Garrett must be gone, but it's what daft old JJ does to replace him that could be the good bit. Another yes man, or a big name who he will tolerate for a while before eventually undermining and pissing them off like he did with Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells and Wade Philips.