End of season awards

die hard doonhamer

With week 16 done, who do we all have down as the major award winners this season?

MVP is a dead cert, with Lamar Jackson having that one locked up.

He should also therefore have offensive player of the year sewn up, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael Thomas given that with his record number of receptions.

Defensive player of the year for me won't go to who it should. Chandler Jones should win this, he leads the league in both sacks and forced fumbles and has been utterly dominant despite playing in a poor defence.

Comeback player probably goes to Jimmy Garoppolo, I'm probably missing someone obvious but I don't think there are a huge amount of options with this one.

Coach of the year is Sean Payton for me, kept his team in the hunt for #1 seed despite losing Brees for a significant chunk of time.

Rookie of the year, I think this should go to Josh Jacobs, but I think Kyler Murray will end up with it because of the disproportionate value placed on the QB.

I've probably missed both awards and obvious candidates, shoot with your suggestions.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Agree with that. Also....
MVP - Lamar
Coach - Mike Tomlin
OPOY - Drew Brees
Offensive Rookie - Josh Jacobs
Defensive Rookie - Nick Bosa
Comeback - Cooper Kupp or Dalvin Cook

I've heard this mooted in various places. I'm not sure I get it. Is this due to injuries? ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ