Caley Thistle vs Arbroath

5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Having three stands is alright (as mentioned building something substantial on the A9 side is a non-starter) but it's the lack of imagination that has ruined the ground.  Now I understand they wanted the stands up quick for the SPL in 2004/05, but they built them miles away from the pitch.  There was absolutely no foresight on fan experience and I would imagine the aforementioned distance between the goalline and the first row of seats is probably one of the biggest in Scotland.

Perhaps if weren't for the gas pipes we would've gone for a Main Stand MK II instead of the north and south stands but oh well.  I don't think even the staunchest Caley Thistle fan would defend the stadium really - it's a dump.

Is there such a thing as a  'Caley-Thistle' fan? 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

What a result then today, should've had the same the last time we played at Tulloch Stadium. Fantastic performance, wish I was able to enjoy the moment with the die hard Lichtie contingent. Those last few minutes following the game were tortuous to watch while trying to play darts. Carry on Dick. Doing a fantastic job.

Yes. There are only a handful of clubs in Scottish football that have achieved more than us during our existence.

Aye and done following the rangers model of spending money which you didnt have and it has come back to bite you on the arse now

Make no mistake here, this isn't a meltdown. That Aberdeen Angus is probably one of the best played out jokes on here and it pretty much flat lined. He's played a stormer there but because he's always on the wind up its passed by. 
That's the room you're working with Tarmo. Excellent patter though. :lol:

Aww it's amazing patter mate

A lot of shite on this thread from absolute arses... if anyone is interested in discussing the game , here goes , an excellent performance by Arbroath today against a Caley Thistle side which are deservedly sitting 2nd in the league , we have arguably ?? the best defence in this league , if we could score more we would easily be challenging for play off place , which really is achievable if we believe, my opinion for what it's worth is that Dick has to stick to what he does best for results back 4 please , we could debate forever , but heres where my 11 comes from to get us to play offs , at worst survive , either keeper , ones as good as the other , back 4, JT Ricky Tob Hammy picks itself ,Midfield and attack comes from, Linn Whatley Miko Stewart Gold Donnelly and McKenna, all Dick has to do is pick the right formation and we will compete against any team in this league , let's add to our history .

Agree, but as you said we also need more goal threat.

Great win yesterday, hopefully string a few wins together with the fixtures we have coming up and keep that gap at the bottom, it’s all very tight, not going to be much between 4th and 9th.

Bad day for the Donnelly haters again, delighted Dick returned to a 4 at the back. 

This Sir tarmo tink character, don’t think the internet’s for you mate. Some time away should serve you well son. 

15 hours ago, johnnydun said:

It's Torry Johnny actually (Aberdeen joke).

Aye it will..

We're stinky and we're smelly

We can't afford a telly

We come fae doon the Ferry

The Clach boys are in town!

Struggling to focus through a very messy hangover, but when I see something like this, I think to myself .  .  . the world's not such a bad place.

13 hours ago, unknown1954 said:

A lot of shite on this thread from absolute arses... if anyone is interested in discussing the game , here goes , an excellent performance by Arbroath today against a Caley Thistle side which are deservedly sitting 2nd in the league , we have arguably ?? the best defence in this league , if we could score more we would easily be challenging for play off place , which really is achievable if we believe, my opinion for what it's worth is that Dick has to stick to what he does best for results back 4 please , we could debate forever , but heres where my 11 comes from to get us to play offs , at worst survive , either keeper , ones as good as the other , back 4, JT Ricky Tob Hammy picks itself ,Midfield and attack comes from, Linn Whatley Miko Stewart Gold Donnelly and McKenna, all Dick has to do is pick the right formation and we will compete against any team in this league , let's add to our history .

Pie and Bovril has gone downhill dramatically. No one can discuss a game anymore it's just fans wanting to take the piss out of each other. Pretty nasty at times as well.

People take it far too seriously. I would love to just talk about tactics cups players history football the goals & the actual 90 minutes. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter & rubbing it in people's faces but I've noticed it's getting a bit out of hand so much that I barely go on P&B now. It seems every time I go on it now I regret it. 

Arbroath are dark horses they are doing great tough defence well drilled & good on the counter. When you have players like Bobby Linn you can make things happen he had Rooney chasing him about all game.

Dick Campbell is also a very good manager very old school but he makes things work I'd imagine the Arbroath side have a lot of respect for him. Dick takes no crap of anyone  

Edited by Super Caley Man

23 minutes ago, Super Caley Man said:

Pie and Bovril has gone downhill dramatically. No one can discuss a game anymore it's just fans wanting to take the piss out of each other. Pretty nasty at times as well.

People take it far too seriously. I would love to just talk about tactics cups players history football the goals & the actual 90 minutes. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter & rubbing it in people's faces but I've noticed it's getting a bit out of hand so much that I barely go on P&B now. It seems every time I go on it now I regret it. 

Arbroath are dark horses they are doing great tough defence well drilled & good on the counter. When you have players like Bobby Linn you can make things happen he had Rooney chasing him about all game.

Dick Campbell is also a very good manager very old school but he makes things work I'd imagine the Arbroath side have a lot of respect for him. Dick takes no crap of anyone  

Post of the month - I agree with your comments, too many childish , immature posts happening on these forums.

As for Arbroath - they have been outstanding and perhaps the best Arbroath team in a generation.

Great result for us yesterday and a great second half performance. No surprise to any Arbroath fan that we play so much better in a 451, hopefully we have seen the back of 352.

Inverness huffed and puffed but didn’t really offer much going forward, Doran is the player I was worried most about and breathed a sigh of relief when he came off.

Man of the match for us was a tough pick, I went for Stewart in the end but could have been any number of players. Even McKenna, who overall had a poor game I thought, played a vital part in our goal. Defence solid as per, even with Whatley out of position. Another 2 big games coming up, definitely capable of 6 points.

Great result for us yesterday and a great second half performance. No surprise to any Arbroath fan that we play so much better in a 451, hopefully we have seen the back of 352.

Inverness huffed and puffed but didn’t really offer much going forward, Doran is the player I was worried most about and breathed a sigh of relief when he came off.

Man of the match for us was a tough pick, I went for Stewart in the end but could have been any number of players. Even McKenna, who overall had a poor game I thought, played a vital part in our goal. Defence solid as per, even with Whatley out of position. Another 2 big games coming up, definitely capable of 6 points.

When I seen whatley starting at right back I feared the worst but he put in a good shift.
Our defence is solid and our energy and pace middle to front is fantastic. In the end a fully deserved victory and should of been more than 1, Ridgers with a couple of great saves and Spences miss when he turned on it just in front of goal and put it wide.

When I seen whatley starting at right back I feared the worst but he put in a good shift.
Our defence is solid and our energy and pace middle to front is fantastic. In the end a fully deserved victory and should of been more than 1, Ridgers with a couple of great saves and Spences miss when he turned on it just in front of goal and put it wide.

Felt sorry for Spence, great save from the corner before and then skewed his chance wide. He has been poor for us, but has had absolutely no luck.