Rangers vs Kilmarnock - Boxing Day

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The famous pies need a check up from the neck up,Alessio wasn't sacked for football reasons, the xenophobic nature of the sacking should leave a bad taste down Ayrshire way.
Almost as bad as a sevco win. 

Don't think it's fair to say that it wasn't totally for football reasons. If it's true the players or some of the players weren't enjoying working under him then that is a football reason. Plus their recent form has been poor for about 9/10 league games. They've not been creating many chances for a while and struggling to score. Part of why they are bringing Kiltie back from Dunfermline.

23 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

Don't think it's fair to say that it wasn't totally for football reasons. If it's true the players or some of the players weren't enjoying working under him then that is a football reason. Plus their recent form has been poor for about 9/10 league games. They've not been creating many chances for a while and struggling to score. Part of why they are bringing Kiltie back from Dunfermline.

For me 22 games isn't enough for any manager to put across his methods plus football is one language.
Players are never happy if their not playing, granted the expectations levels have went up a notch after Clarke.
It's the easy option to get rid of the manager than a bunch of players,Alessio's CV is better than slippy G's.

Alessio's got (had) them higher up the table than Clarke would've had them this season. Just my opinion. . :) 

I thought they were going be around 7th-10th by this point, where they usually are.

4-1 Rangers.

Edited by thepundit

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Gerrard has taken Rangers into the Europa League group stages twice and through to the last 32 once. In what world is that not a better CV than Alessio's?

It's great to see a Killie fan sticking up for Slippy G ,Football is a team sport Alessio has won trophies and was part of the Italian national management team.
But getting beat by the nomads and sacked by the Ayrshire xenophobes is all that matters.

Alessio's got (had) them higher up the table than Clarke would've had them this season. Just my opinion. . [emoji4] 
I thought they were going be around 7th-10th by this point, where they usually are.
4-1 Rangers.
I think we can deliver Rangers fans' opinions of Steve Clarke directly to the bin where they belong.