Dunfermline vs Alloa - An Athletic Encounter (Sat 28th Dec)

Alloa and Dunfermline have played 9 competitive matches over the past 18 months. There have been 4 draws, 2 wins each by the odd goal, and 1 other occasion (yesterday) when there was a winning margin of more than 1 goal. It seems pretty obvious that what we have is two very well matched teams, however hard that is for Dunfermline fans to accept, rather than any idea of "bogey" teams. 

As for us being poor, well yes we are bottom of the league and certainly not as strong as last season. Our tiny squad has put an awful lot of unnecessary strain on the players. We have been crawling towards the transfer window. Yesterday we were missing our skipper and defensive linchpin, and our top scorer. We only had 12 senior players available and by the manager's own admission some of those who started weren't actually fit. And we were comfortable 3-1 winners despite going a goal down.

I think the fact we have a fairly equal record despite us having comfortably the better league performance vs the other sides does point to you being a bogey team tbh. Having played everyone else twice you have achieved less than half our points (10 vs 24) this season, that’s a significant gap that should point to better results head to head(which is why we were heavily odds on for this fixture as there is a heavier balance on league position, current form, home record etc)

Thought Alloa were much better in game at EEP earlier in the season but our clown shoe defending and terrible goalkeeper is killing our season. The guys knock the ball about pretty well but there's no organisation.

I’m not sure about organisation being the big issue, baring the penalty yesterday nearly all our recent goals have come from us being in a reasonable position but 1 or 2 individuals making an arse of things no professional should.

Agree with alloa not being that great, they defended in numbers well but offered nothing in attack, shows how pathetic we were at the back to concede 3. At recs they completely out played us and put some really good passages of play together. Flannigan looked nowhere near the threat he was that day or in the home game. Not that it should bother them cos 3 points were earned just the same.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think the fact we have a fairly equal record despite us having comfortably the better league performance vs the other sides does point to you being a bogey team tbh. Having played everyone else twice you have achieved less than half our points (10 vs 24) this season, that’s a significant gap that should point to better results head to head(which is why we were heavily odds on for this fixture as there is a heavier balance on league position, current form, home record etc)

I’m not sure about organisation being the big issue, baring the penalty yesterday nearly all our recent goals have come from us being in a reasonable position but 1 or 2 individuals making an arse of things no professional should.

Agree with alloa not being that great, they defended in numbers well but offered nothing in attack, shows how pathetic we were at the back to concede 3. At recs they completely out played us and put some really good passages of play together. Flannigan looked nowhere near the threat he was that day or in the home game. Not that it should bother them cos 3 points were earned just the same.

our confidence has taken a hit too plus the players we had out and lack of depth to the squad, its true we have played better and lost ,infact it is quite a common fault with us 

we really are pushing it even as a part time team, we need more in in january or we will be in trouble , the jury is still out on Peter grant too IMO .

26 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If you want to look at it like that then you are lucky the Pars were our bogey team last season, otherwise you would currently be in League One. 

19 hours ago, maronforgan said:

Well then what do you know about recent games yesterday aside? a grand total of f**k all?

I saw the same failings on Saturday that have been there under Crawford (and AJ) for a long time. We will have the odd good run, followed by a usually-longer dry spell. Anyone that thinks we're going somewhere positive under this management team are sorely mistaken. Unless you can provide everyone with a crumb of comfort?

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Not joking, I think I've seen us win one home game in the league since the end of the 17/18 season.

I'm on a course this weekend, so get your money on a Pars victory.

That's crazy, fancy getting a Raith Season ticket next year?