Dunfermline vs Alloa - An Athletic Encounter (Sat 28th Dec)

Turner needs a long spell out the side. I feel for Edwards the players were nipping him right from kick off when there was no one ahead of him I'm not sure what he was meant to do with the ball when he had it. Although him and Scully for the goals were utterly hopeless. I'm not sure if there are many decent keepers at clubs that need game time - maybe Trevor Carson if Motherwell are going to keep him and want him to get some games under his belt.

Just now, Kevchenko said:

Easy.

Even without Andy and Trouts.

The Pars are absolute gash to be fair.

Can’t disagree but think Alloa are a very poor side all the same. It makes the result all the more disappointing. It was 1-3 and Alloa had barely been up the park three times. 

We have been too easy to play against for a good few years now, barring a handful of matches. It’s not good enough and the ‘lucky to have a club’ mob are more damaging than Crawford ever could be.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Is there much of this left? I’ve seen it referred to a few times but I don’t ever really see anyone posting it as a genuine statement to excuse bad performances

They just frame it as a young squad and the manager needs more time, ignoring the fact his budget is still better than several sides in the division, including a part-time one that’s taken 7/9 available points against us.

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They just frame it as a young squad and the manager needs more time, ignoring the fact his budget is still better than several sides in the division, including a part-time one that’s taken 7/9 available points against us.

Well that's a different argument isn't it?  Anyway yes our performances against Alloa are disappointing in particular, in terms of budget vs the rest we are miles behind the Dundee sides, Inverness are running significant losees and partick have parachute payments/ lottary money behind them.  ( they turned over 3m last year, compared to 2.2m we had in 17/18(last years not released yet).  I doubt we are performing hugely differently to budget overall. 

image.gif

Edited by parsforlife

That’s a terrific highlights package from Alloa. Really impressive stuff with the graphics for the lineups and the different camera angle. I usually hate these things with commentators in them but the boy was very knowledgable and about as impartial as you can get from a club’s own footage.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

That’s a terrific highlights package from Alloa. Really impressive stuff with the graphics for the lineups and the different camera angle. I usually hate these things with commentators in them but the boy was very knowledgable and about as impartial as you can get from a club’s own footage.

Agreed. Really impressive package, less than impressive display from us.

Although Alloa fans are right to point out we are poor, I still think they are a really bad team who benefitted from our disastrous defending and goalkeeping, if you can call it that.

Talk about bogey teams. Don’t think I’ve ever seen us beat Alloa or Dundee United in my puff.

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Although Alloa fans are right to point out we are poor, I still think they are a really bad team who benefitted from our disastrous defending and goalkeeping, if you can call it that.

Talk about bogey teams. Don’t think I’ve ever seen us beat Alloa or Dundee United in my puff.

We were far from a full squad yesterday quite a few out injured & still good enough for the 3 points 

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Alloa and Dunfermline have played 9 competitive matches over the past 18 months. There have been 4 draws, 2 wins each by the odd goal, and 1 other occasion (yesterday) when there was a winning margin of more than 1 goal. It seems pretty obvious that what we have is two very well matched teams, however hard that is for Dunfermline fans to accept, rather than any idea of "bogey" teams. 

As for us being poor, well yes we are bottom of the league and certainly not as strong as last season. Our tiny squad has put an awful lot of unnecessary strain on the players. We have been crawling towards the transfer window. Yesterday we were missing our skipper and defensive linchpin, and our top scorer. We only had 12 senior players available and by the manager's own admission some of those who started weren't actually fit. And we were comfortable 3-1 winners despite going a goal down.