March 2020 Play-offs Squad

charger29

McGinn with a bad injury according to Dean Smith. Got his foot stuck in the pitch and is having an X-ray on his ankle.

Not an expert but an X-ray presumably means they're checking for a broken ankle? Don't think X-rays are used to show ligament/tendon damage.

Didn't go off on a stretcher. Just hopped down the tunnel on one leg.

Such a shame if that's him done for the season.

McGinn with a bad injury according to Dean Smith. Got his foot stuck in the pitch and is having an X-ray on his ankle.
Not an expert but an X-ray presumably means they're checking for a broken ankle? Don't think X-rays are used to show ligament/tendon damage.

Didn't go off on a stretcher. Just hopped down the tunnel on one leg.

Such a shame if that's him done for the season.

But pretty much fucking standard for us in this campaign :(

Seems their is quite a big variance as to how long broken ankle takes to heal 13 weeks and 4 days till the game. At least we have Armstrong and Christie who can play that role but will be a big miss if he’s out.
I don't really see Armstrong fitting into his spot. He wouldn't be as good in the box as McGinn is/was anyway.
Christie could but the thought of moving everyone about again is off-putting. Not sure what the answer is just now. Still a long way to go and more injuries to come...
Broken ankle confirmed for McGinn.

Guest DAVIDB69

A bad hugely significant miss has been very good for us recently . Would have to be Christie as Armstrong isn’t playing regularly enough for a game of this magnitude

5 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

A bad hugely significant miss has been very good for us recently . Would have to be Christie as Armstrong isn’t playing regularly enough for a game of this magnitude

Can your crystal ball tell me the Southampton results so I can make a bit of money off them?

Ankle fracture seems vague. If it’s ligaments also then it could be longer. 
Coming back too early is also a major problem. Gutted as I reckon he’s one of our key players.

Did my ankle ligaments last year, came back too soon and still a bit tender.

Christie can stay out wide with Armstrong taking McGinn's role, if necessary. Not ideal and Armstrong won't be able to provide a battering ram as McGinn does, but he's still good at running from deep and arriving late in the box.

20 hours ago, charger29 said:

I don't really see Armstrong fitting into his spot. He wouldn't be as good in the box as McGinn is/was anyway.
Christie could but the thought of moving everyone about again is off-putting. Not sure what the answer is just now. Still a long way to go and more injuries to come...
Broken ankle confirmed for McGinn.

Don't see why not, he's scored plenty of goals in the past and is arguably a better player technically than McGinn. Mcginn obviously has a bit more force about his play. 

McGinn is a miss but looking on the bright side, it's not a position we are short on. As it stands just now for our midfield I'd go:

McGregor Mctominay 

Christie Armstrong Fraser

Don't see why not, he's scored plenty of goals in the past and is arguably a better player technically than McGinn. Mcginn obviously has a bit more force about his play. 
McGinn is a miss but looking on the bright side, it's not a position we are short on. As it stands just now for our midfield I'd go:
McGregor Mctominay 
Christie Armstrong Fraser
Given our lack of decent forwards I think we need someone with that drive and force to always get themselves in the box. Armstrong can do so but as you said, I don't think he will with the same force and instinct which McGinn has.
I think he will also naturally be more comfortable using his intelligence and technical skills to look for another player who may be in a better position at that moment. I'd like to have someone who just says, "f**k it, I'm going to throw myself in there and find a way to get it into the net".
I do like Armstrong and the idea of getting him in the team. Just not sure that he could take over McGinn's position and play in a similar way.
I've got a horrible vision of seeing Fraser/Forrest crossing the ball in towards Naismith with everyone else on the periphery of the box.

9 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Given our lack of decent forwards I think we need someone with that drive and force to always get themselves in the box. Armstrong can do so but as you said, I don't think he will with the same force and instinct which McGinn has.
I think he will also naturally be more comfortable using his intelligence and technical skills to look for another player who may be in a better position at that moment. I'd like to have someone who just says, "f**k it, I'm going to throw myself in there and find a way to get it into the net".
I do like Armstrong and the idea of getting him in the team. Just not sure that he could take over McGinn's position and play in a similar way.
I've got a horrible vision of seeing Fraser/Forrest crossing the ball in towards Naismith with everyone else on the periphery of the box.

Yeah fair point. Christie probably more likely to get on the end of things than Armstrong. 

I wonder if Mcburnie is starting to make a case to start. Cracking goal he scored at weekend, although I'm still really unconvinced by him

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

According to Clyde SSB Neil Lennon has said that Leigh Griffiths is now fully really to contribute to Celtic’s season. Perfect timing for the national team and fingers crossed the lad can hit the highs of a few years ago.

Birthday caird pish from Lennon. They only play one up front, Edouard is a guaranteed starter and they’ve just signed another striker.