Ayr v Queens

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I partly agree with this, while correct, it doesn't allow you to jump and compete for a header from the corner, if you can't go up....

True. But its also difficult to jump when someone has there arm wrapped round yours.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It's that grey area of cheating that I think is slightly necessary to alert referees. 

Cheating is bad, m'kay

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I never said they wouldnt. What I said is you cant give a penalty for a challenge that isnt a penalty just because you havent given a penalty for other, worse, challenges.

He obviously thinks it was a penalty. The goodwill and benefit of the doubt towards the defender must have run out although I think the wrestling could have be dealt with much earlier. 

I've no sympathy for a defender conceding a penalty like that.
Wrestling him with two arms like that is a foul, regardless of whether someone falls.

Totally agree - there is absolutely no excuse for Osman’s actions. Statistically floating deliveries from corners seldom lead to goals - if the opposition score with a “worldy” header then fair enough but to virtually “gift wrap”a goal from that situation is so unprofessional. The only surprising feature was that it didn’t cost us two points. Most of us were waiting for the net to bulge with the inevitable equaliser.

That said I quite like Osman and can only hope that this was a one off- a penalty box “hothead” is a complete liability in the modern game so no repetition please.

26 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

He obviously thinks it was a penalty. The goodwill and benefit of the doubt towards the defender must have run out although I think the wrestling could have be dealt with much earlier. 

He also thought Muirheads challenge was only a yellow card so, you know, maybe not the best persons opinion to cite.

8 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

That said I quite like Osman and can only hope that this was a one off- a penalty box “hothead” is a complete liability in the modern game so no repetition please.

I’m certain it was Osman that conceded the penalty which basically kept us up last season when we played Falkirk.