Ayr v Queens

It is a derby match, as simple as that!

It’s not really. The same as Ayr vs Stranraer isn’t a Derby despite their fans bumming it as one.

We’ve got our rivalry with Kilmarnock. Games vs QOTS, Stranraer and even Airdrie might have an edge to them but they’re not derbies.

Doesn’t take anything away from your win today though.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

In the home terrace are the fans allowed right down behind the wall or do they have to stand behind the first barrier? The last time we were there a young lad got told to get away from the wall by a sadcase steward. At the penalty all those young lads went to the front and a hoard of stewards were trying to get them back. What did they think was going to happen ffs?

When they hire these arseholes I assume common sense is a trait they mustn't possess.

Somewhat unfair. The Stewards don't set the Policy they are there to enforce it.

I first set foot in Somerset in 1969 but it's only in the last few seasons I have come to learn about no-one being allowed right down the front.

In spite of that, great atmosphere today and great result.

Somewhat unfair. The Stewards don't set the Policy they are there to enforce it.
I first set foot in Somerset in 1969 but it's only in the last few seasons I have come to learn about no-one being allowed right down the front.
In spite of that, great atmosphere today and great result.
If it's policy then fair enough, even though it's a stupid one. I don't see what harm there is in allowing them to stand right behind the goal for a penalty though. The same thing happens at Palmerston if there's a penalty. The young lads rush down to the front.

Talking under 400 away fans isn't a derby. 
Hiya Falkirk fan, Hiya Pal!

I thought Muirhead should have been sent off, surprised it wasn't mentioned already or by any of the BBC pundits who were at the game. Don't see how he can have made a genuine attempt at the ball from so far behind Dobbie.

Looked to be taken out from behind from my view behind the goal. I was assuming it was some interpretation of that rule that says it’s no longer a red card if you also give a penalty. But it’s never been all that clear to me how that works. Doubt there would have been much argument if he’d gone.

Looked to be taken out from behind from my view behind the goal. I was assuming it was some interpretation of that rule that says it’s no longer a red card if you also give a penalty. But it’s never been all that clear to me how that works. Doubt there would have been much argument if he’d gone.
Having seen it again it's a clear red card. Makes no attempt to play the ball, just slides in and leans his body into Dobbie. He doesn't even stretch a leg out towards the ball.

The law's pretty clear, for it to only be a yellow you have to make a genuine attempt to play the ball.
Rank stupidity to give away a penalty like that at 2-0 up.
If that's a penalty, though, then there should be 5 each game for both sides. There's definitely contact and Osman has his arm round the Ayr player but he throws himself to the floor.

Semple did worse first half and wasn't penalised.

Airdrie folded and their fans blamed Bill Barr for the demise over a dispute with their stadium.
In their final game, which was at Somerset, when Ayr went 1 0 up their "fans" invaded the pitch and they broke the crossbar, and the match was abandoned.

Why so? What is the history between the two clubs?

Yeah from the highlights I havent a clue on what basis Muirhead isnt red carded. He isnt trying to get the ball. 

Would need another look at their penalty incident in better resolution than my phone.

The incident at the end doesnt look over but obviously the angle isnt good. Hopefully we had a Go Pro in the goalmouth as we often do which will have a definitive view.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah from the highlights I havent a clue on what basis Muirhead isnt red carded. He isnt trying to get the ball. 

Would need another look at their penalty incident in better resolution than my phone.

The incident at the end doesnt look over but obviously the angle isnt good. Hopefully we had a Go Pro in the goalmouth as we often do which will have a definitive view.

Both look like penalties to me, with the first one needing to be accompanied by a red card.

That coverage of the incident at the end is inconclusive in itself, but alongside the still posted yesterday, it pretty much confirms for me that it hadn't crossed.  Stills can be unreliable, but it this case, Holt only played the ball once and it doesn't even look that close to the line when he's making contact.  

When I learned that it was Billy Dodds who was claiming a clear goal, it suddenly made sense.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

When I learned that it was Billy Dodds who was claiming a clear goal, it suddenly made sense.

...and Mark Kerr. Dodds said everyone in the Press area around him thought it was in. To be fair, from my angle which wasnt all that far from him, I thought it was in. 

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

...and Mark Kerr. Dodds said everyone in the Press area around him thought it was in. To be fair, from my angle which wasnt all that far from him, I thought it was in. 

I was behind the net and my instinct was that it wasnt over the line