Ayr v Queens

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We definitely sat back. We did the same thing last weekend when Arbroath were offering nothing in an attacking sense. Today it nearly cost us.

Ironic that people (myself included) would have been disappointed seeing Semple replace Brownlie today and yet him being substituted made us significantly weaker. We came out the traps second half and deservedly went 2 up. Shortly after, Semple is subbed and we go with the backline that couldn't keep Queens Park out and almost blow another 2-0 lead.

The first half of the second half is about as well as we've played all season. Everyone upped their game from the first half and my personal MOTM Pybus seemed to be everywhere.

Although it was a shaky last half hour I really can't think of any failures today. I just wish we would kill teams off rather than sit in and try and hold on.

The CBs v Queen’s Park were Holt and Brownlie, whereas today it was Holt and Kilday.

The first choice back 4 conceded 6 goals to Annan and Clyde, blowing a 2 goal lead each time and only 3 weeks ago they conceded 2 late on to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so they’re not immune to making an arse of it.

Edited by Flash

I missed your first goal because I was watching two stewards strong arm one of your fans out [emoji23]

But to answer your question, yes you're supposed to be behind the first barrier. I struggling to think though of times our fans have gathered at the wall.

In the home terrace are the fans allowed right down behind the wall or do they have to stand behind the first barrier? The last time we were there a young lad got told to get away from the wall by a sadcase steward. At the penalty all those young lads went to the front and a hoard of stewards were trying to get them back. What did they think was going to happen ffs?

When they hire these arseholes I assume common sense is a trait they mustn't possess.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As soon as he got the ball I knew he’d f**k it up. Predictable. I think he’s been shite for months 

Today was as poor as I've seen him. I no longer expect anything when he goes one on one with keepers. Easier that way as anything is a bonus. 

The CBs v Queen’s Park were Holt and Brownlie, whereas today it was Holt and Kilday.
The first choice back 4 conceded 6 goals to Annan and Clyde, blowing a 2 goal lead each time and only 3 weeks ago they conceded 2 late on to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so they’re not immune to making an arse of it.
Should have been more specific. My point was Holt at CB and Lyon at LB though.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
28 minutes ago, Flash said:

Should have been more specific. My point was Holt at CB and Lyon at LB though.

Holt didnt cause Osman to needlessly give away a penalty though and his last minute clearance off the line saved the game. Holt did fine at centre half. Lyon does give the winger too much space to cross though. Its not an ideal solution. Brownlie should be back for next weekend though.

Holt didnt cause Osman to needlessly give away a penalty though and his last minute clearance off the line saved the game. Holt did fine at centre half. Lyon does give the winger too much space to cross though. Its not an ideal solution. Brownlie should be back for next weekend though.
The point is that we were weaker with that set-up than we were with Semple on. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Personally I thought, without playing well, we just about deserved to win. We played far better at Somerset 1st time and lost. 

Moffat should score in the opening minute or so but we then scored from our first attack. For the next 60 or 70 mins Ayr offered very little. Not sure where this notion they played well comes from. McCrorie had nothing to do other than punch a couple of crosses away and they regularly passed the ball straight to one of us. We werent massively better but Murray was unlucky with Doohan making a great save from him while the rebound eluded Dobbie. After the penalty El Bak waa unlucky to hit the nar from 25 yards which would have finished it before Ayr finally woke up for the last 15 mins or so. McCrorie had already tipped one over before his flying save tipped one round the post. Unfortunately it was rendered pointless when Osman inexplicably pulled someone down at the corner. 

Then we go nervy, too deep, and with Semple off and playing with one genuine centre back, an equaliser looked like arriving. It so neatly did when the otherwise faultless McCrorie missed a cross and it looked like the ball was nodded into the empty net only for Holt to scramble it away. Was it over? Evidence suggests not though from Main Stand angle it looked like it might be.

I thought Pybus was man of the match by a mile but Lyon did well, Osman was quietly effective (penalty incident apart), Kilday immense and Semple solid for the 70 mins or so he played. Holt and Mercer excellent too. 

Need to see it again but I thought Muirhead was maybe lucky not to see red on our penalty. Genuine attempt to play the ball? I will give McCowan the benefit of the doubt and assume he didnt mean to belt the ball at the prone Bahktaoui's head. It was stupid though and risked worse than the yellow he got. Boy is obviously a talent but thats his second rash moment of idiocy against us. 

Good 3 points though and we are in a half decent position. Hopefully Brownlie and Kidd are back next weekend. Pybus will be suspended, while Dobbie looked to twist his knee at the end. Semple limped off too. 

That was pathetic.  

Mark Kerr is not showing to be a good manager at all, wasn't playing so no excuses at all. 

Switching to Brexitball just to include Moff doesn't work, January is huge for him.  If he doesn't sign players to fit his system he will be hounded. 

Yeah, I didn’t see him just saw a pic of him queuing outside. Last home game James Fowler, Gary Dicker and Rory mcKenzie were there. Killie love Ayr really 🤣

Sat behind Gary Holt at the corresponding fixture last season. Coincidentally, Robbie Crawford and Lyndon Dykes were signed up for this season and have done well, especially big Lyndon. As I said earlier, anyone watching that match today couldn’t help but being impressed by Dan Pybus!

C’mon Queens Board, get the lad on a contract and don’t lose out! 🥴

Grand result. Open all mikes came from Somerset which was great. At least Ayr is within touching distance of Glasgow for the BBC. Coverage of the Championship has been shite recently, especially for fans getting back to their cars around 5pm. Shove theSPL somewhere else every week.

Having said that, I had to switch off for the last bit after the Ayr pen. Watching Queens defend their own box is bad enough watching from the Portland end ( eg. v Partick and Arbroath), waiting on updates on radio or phone 70 miles away is just excruciating. I can recommend switching off the radio and making date and ginger flapjacks instead. They take 15-20mins at 200C.

Personally I thought, without playing well, we just about deserved to win. We played far better at Somerset 1st time and lost. 
Moffat should score in the opening minute or so but we then scored from our first attack. For the next 60 or 70 mins Ayr offered very little. Not sure where this notion they played well comes from. McCrorie had nothing to do other than punch a couple of crosses away and they regularly passed the ball straight to one of us. We werent massively better but Murray was unlucky with Doohan making a great save from him while the rebound eluded Dobbie. After the penalty El Bak waa unlucky to hit the nar from 25 yards which would have finished it before Ayr finally woke up for the last 15 mins or so. McCrorie had already tipped one over before his flying save tipped one round the post. Unfortunately it was rendered pointless when Osman inexplicably pulled someone down at the corner. 
Then we go nervy, too deep, and with Semple off and playing with one genuine centre back, an equaliser looked like arriving. It so neatly did when the otherwise faultless McCrorie missed a cross and it looked like the ball was nodded into the empty net only for Holt to scramble it away. Was it over? Evidence suggests not though from Main Stand angle it looked like it might be.
I thought Pybus was man of the match by a mile but Lyon did well, Osman was quietly effective (penalty incident apart), Kilday immense and Semple solid for the 70 mins or so he played. Holt and Mercer excellent too. 
Need to see it again but I thought Muirhead was maybe lucky not to see red on our penalty. Genuine attempt to play the ball? I will give McCowan the benefit of the doubt and assume he didnt mean to belt the ball at the prone Bahktaoui's head. It was stupid though and risked worse than the yellow he got. Boy is obviously a talent but thats his second rash moment of idiocy against us. 
Good 3 points though and we are in a half decent position. Hopefully Brownlie and Kidd are back next weekend. Pybus will be suspended, while Dobbie looked to twist his knee at the end. Semple limped off too. 
I thought Muirhead should have been sent off, surprised it wasn't mentioned already or by any of the BBC pundits who were at the game. Don't see how he can have made a genuine attempt at the ball from so far behind Dobbie.

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That was pathetic.  

Mark Kerr is not showing to be a good manager at all, wasn't playing so no excuses at all. 

Switching to Brexitball just to include Moff doesn't work, January is huge for him.  If he doesn't sign players to fit his system he will be hounded. 

Maybe time to change your avatar bud

I thought Muirhead should have been sent off, surprised it wasn't mentioned already or by any of the BBC pundits who were at the game. Don't see how he can have made a genuine attempt at the ball from so far behind Dobbie.

We had a great view from the main stand and my first thought was “How’s that just a yellow?” What made me think even more that it should have been a straight red was Muirheads reaction!! He just made his way out of the penalty box, never complained one bit and accepted the decision. Certainly not his style!

Btw, I thought he actually looked a decent Championship central defender today. He actually played a few, really good long balls that started some Ayr attacks. Just a pity he’s a loose cannon!!