Ayr v Queens

I thought Geggan played well and put in a shift I didn't think he was capable of anymore, at least in midfield. If I didn't hear McGuffie's sub announcement I wouldn't have known he was on the pitch

I love an honest assessment. Cheers.

The sportsound team all thought it was over, with Billy Dodds saying 'a foot over' - so it just shows you how wrong a perspective can be at the game.

Sounds like we weren't great, and got what we deserved.

Time for young McKenzie to get a run in the team, and maybe a good sign of geggan looked solid in midfield - as we're clearly short in that area and we need to play a midfield three.

How was mcguffie when he came on? Can we not try McCowan or Forrest in a more central room and try mcguffie out wide from the start for a couple of games?

We're on a dreadful slide, and things aren't going our way (as tends to happen when confidence is low). Big test for our young manager but the first half last week has bought him some time in my eyes. He certainly needs to be given the next 6 weeks as a bare minimum to see if he can turn things around and see who he can recruit.

(At least we fucking scored, for my coupon's sake (sorry lads))

Maybe I should clarify in case folk think I was saying we played well. We didn’t.

However as each half wore on Queens kept getting deeper and deeper for some reason when in reality they could’ve killed us off early doors.

We had possession in these spells but apart from some good chances at the death we didn’t do much. Moffat had 2 sitters and McCrorie made good saves from Harvie and McCowan but I wouldn’t say we played well.

It was Bell & Muirhead paired up. Muirhead at least managed to keep the heed this time around.
Yeah I know - I meant previously.

I don't think I saw much of that combination.

I like bell but think we need him in midfield at the moment, especially after a couple of errors last week which were costly. He develops our play so well.

Maybe I should clarify in case folk think I was saying we played well. We didn’t.

However as each half wore on Queens kept getting deeper and deeper for some reason when in reality they could’ve killed us off early doors.

We had possession in these spells but apart from some good chances at the death we didn’t do much. Moffat had 2 sitters and McCrorie made good saves from Harvie and McCowan but I wouldn’t say we played well.

Getting deeper and deeper is what we do. It would been no surprise to any QOS fan if we’d lost a late goal.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Both goals we conceded were terrible individual errors from nowhere. We did look decent in parts but difficult to tell if Queens sat back or not. Thought for the first twenty mins the shape of the team was poor and had Docherty started things might have been better 

Both goals we conceded were terrible individual errors from nowhere. We did look decent in parts but difficult to tell if Queens sat back or not. Thought for the first twenty mins the shape of the team was poor and had Docherty started things might have been better 
If doc goes in January then by f**k we need an automatic first team replacement.

Getting deeper and deeper is what we do. It would been no surprise to any QOS fan if we’d lost a late goal.

I thought we had! Anyone see what happened at the end? Presuming it was cleared off the line but clearly not everyone in the home end thought so...

We did look decent in parts but difficult to tell if Queens sat back or not.  

We definitely sat back. We did the same thing last weekend when Arbroath were offering nothing in an attacking sense. Today it nearly cost us.

Ironic that people (myself included) would have been disappointed seeing Semple replace Brownlie today and yet him being substituted made us significantly weaker. We came out the traps second half and deservedly went 2 up. Shortly after, Semple is subbed and we go with the backline that couldn't keep Queens Park out and almost blow another 2-0 lead.

The first half of the second half is about as well as we've played all season. Everyone upped their game from the first half and my personal MOTM Pybus seemed to be everywhere.

Although it was a shaky last half hour I really can't think of any failures today. I just wish we would kill teams off rather than sit in and try and hold on.

Strange game. Didn't think there was a huge amount between the teams, but we really should have been out of sight. McRorie was excellent, and I thought the 5 in front of him all played very well as well, up until Semple had to go off. 

Big result though, the league is ridiculous tight.

In the home terrace are the fans allowed right down behind the wall or do they have to stand behind the first barrier? The last time we were there a young lad got told to get away from the wall by a sadcase steward. At the penalty all those young lads went to the front and a hoard of stewards were trying to get them back. What did they think was going to happen ffs?

When they hire these arseholes I assume common sense is a trait they mustn't possess.

Thought Pybus, Mercer and Kilday were the Queens best players today. Definitely would like to see that trio sign on for another year! Especially Dan Pybus, if he keeps putting in performances like that, a bigger team will come knocking at the door!

Agree with that - Pybus had a terrific game MOM by a distance. What an engine he has - as you say we need to get some players signed up if we possibly can. No weaknesses today but I would add Lyon to your list - he was excellent in midfield and he did well in an unfamiliar LB role after Semple went off. I also thought Paton did really well when he came on late in the game.

Great result - tremendous effort by the players today to get the job done although Ayr made it very tough for us late on.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

In the home terrace are the fans allowed right down behind the wall or do they have to stand behind the first barrier? The last time we were there a young lad got told to get away from the wall by a sadcase steward. At the penalty all those young lads went to the front and a hoard of stewards were trying to get them back. What did they think was going to happen ffs?

When they hire these arseholes I assume common sense is a trait they mustn't possess.

Nah mate behind the barrier. Dont take it personally.