Ayr v Queens

Must win for us with an excruciating run of 3 games against our closest rivals coming right after this.

Not looking forward to seeing how we’ll cope without Kerr for this but I’m guessing we’ll just go with a straight swap for Geggan coming in. And then Moffat in for Moore probably.

Must win for us with an excruciating run of 3 games against our closest rivals coming right after this.

Not looking forward to seeing how we’ll cope without Kerr for this but I’m guessing we’ll just go with a straight swap for Geggan coming in. And then Moffat in for Moore probably.
I assume Moore's suspended? Would much rather he played ahead of Moffat tbh. Moffat has probably been Ayr's best performer against us since you've come back up whereas Moore has looked utterly hopeless any time he's featured.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, D said:

I assume Moore's suspended? Would much rather he played ahead of Moffat tbh. Moffat has probably been Ayr's best performer against us since you've come back up whereas Moore has looked utterly hopeless any time he's featured.

I don't think Moore is suspended, i don't think he has had many yellow cards other than today's. But yeah, Moore is a headless chicken that we've got for another 18 months.

Nah I’d just put Moffat back in personally.

Moore was great for a couple of games but the way we play doesn’t suit him. Still a handy 3rd choice striker for us imo.

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I don't think Moore is suspended, i don't think he has had many yellow cards other than today's. But yeah, Moore is a headless chicken that we've got for another 18 months.

Maybe he isn't a "headless chicken" but he is 2nd best to Moffat

I think it was Bucky who mentioned it on the match thread but is Moffat carrying a knock?

It just strikes me as quite strange that he has been on the bench in the last few games. I haven't really criticised Kerr for anything as yet it's still too early to judge him but if Moffat on the bench is a tactical decision I find that hard to defend. 

Unfortunately, I miss this one too as I dont get back until Sunday. The midfield gives me the fear with Kerr suspended. Also, it would be super nice nice if our centre halves whichever 2 we go with can avoid making any clangers.

I think it was Bucky who mentioned it on the match thread but is Moffat carrying a knock?
It just strikes me as quite strange that he has been on the bench in the last few games. I haven't really criticised Kerr for anything as yet it's still too early to judge him but if Moffat on the bench is a tactical decision I find that hard to defend. 
Unfortunately, I miss this one too as I dont get back until Sunday. The midfield gives me the fear with Kerr suspended. Also, it would be super nice nice if our centre halves whichever 2 we go with can avoid making any clangers.
Either that Kerr and Moffat don't see eye to eye, only thing I can't think of if he isn't carrying a knock. If he doesn't start this game ahead of Moore then something has definitely happened

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Agreed, if it’s a choice to drop Moffat (like when McCall did when he tried to fit Moore into our system with Shankland, which in my opinion started the collapse that destroyed that season) rather than an injury then it’s a shocking decision that would turn me against Kerr a bit. Moffat is quite blatantly one of our best players and should be starting every week.

19 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Would be interesting to know how many fans would rather this game was played on Thursday along with the top flight games. Boxing Day crowds are normally bigger from what I can recall.

I think it's a great shame that games just continue as normal over Christmas in our league.  Boxing Day and New Year's Day games are much better.

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

With Kerr not able to pick Kerr for this will that mean a change of formation again?  If so then I don't really fancy  our chances of scoring. A clean sheet is a lost cause regardless.

Moffat does not play as a lone  striker and hasn’t for about 2 seasons ,  should play on Saturday repacking Kerr I would think , 

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Were you in a coma for the first 10 games of the season?

He was not a loan striker , we played a front 2 , we seem to have changed playing a Moore as loan striker with McCowan and Forrest supporting, we should go back to Moff and Moore playing up and reverting back to 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 like against Arbroath 

He was not a loan striker , we played a front 2 , we seem to have changed playing a Moore as loan striker with McCowan and Forrest supporting, we should go back to Moff and Moore playing up and reverting back to 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 like against Arbroath 

We played a 4-3-3. McCall and Kerr both commented on this saying that to get our best players on the park then playing 3 in midfield was a must. It was also easy to switch to a 4-2-3-1 with Kelly pushing on a bit.

I wouldn’t start Moore at all right now. He’s better coming in against tiring defenders and he definitely isn’t suited to a lone striker role.

Put Geggan in for Kerr and allow Forrest, Moff and McCowan the freedom to go and cause problems.

7 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Agreed, if it’s a choice to drop Moffat (like when McCall did when he tried to fit Moore into our system with Shankland, which in my opinion started the collapse that destroyed that season) rather than an injury then it’s a shocking decision that would turn me against Kerr a bit. Moffat is quite blatantly one of our best players and should be starting every week.

Ifor one wouldn,t mind if Kerr dropped Moffat.

What even is this - we played Moffat as a lone striker in a 4-3-3 in our successful part of the season.

Secondly, why would we possibly go back to a 4-4-2 when we have looked far better when we reverted back to our 4-3-3 the past two games.