Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

49 minutes ago, Daydream said:

f**k United we’re winning this

Someone has started on the Christmas sherry, wine and other spirits early to think Dundee will win.

Boris Johnson has more chance of winning UK citizen of the year than Dundee have of a derby win on Friday.

Someone has started on the Christmas sherry, wine and other spirits early to think Dundee will win.
Boris Johnson has more chance of winning UK citizen of the year than Dundee have of a derby win on Friday.

My whole life United have been the better team and we’ve won plenty derbies. Your run has to end at some point and it’s ending on Friday. And I’ll be there to get it right up ya!

£20 charity bet ?

DDYB

As usual, the build up to any derby is full of anticipation, nerves and emotions. Utd should win, but, it’s a derby and these games can turn on one incident. Dundee’s disallowed goal at the last Tannadice derby being a perfect example. I looking forward to a good game, I think it will be closer than the last two, but we’re stronger in every area, so let’s hope for three early goals for Utd and party time😜

I notice the ill feeling towards everything Utd on various forums, seems to have been cranked up, apparently Tannadice is a dump😂 that’s rich looking at Dens. Apparently we’re all from Angus, despite the various Dundee supporter clubs from out of town. (Incidentally my dad and grandad supported Utd). Dundee are still the big team, I think attendances recently, not just this season have put that to bed.

Dundee had the opportunity over the past three seasons to establish themselves in the city, they have not taken advantage of our poor form, it’s an important season for both clubs. Utd have gambled and it seems to be paying off🤞 not sure of the implications to Dundee of further seasons in the championship, a lot of emphasise seems to be on the new stadium🤔

I have been fortunate enough to follow my team several times in Europe and seen them win 5 trophies. For the majority of Dundee fans there highlight was a top six finish, a cup final and a short trip into Europe, two administrations, and of course the so called “doon derby” when we all knew we were already down. (Not quite the same as winning two trophies and the league on our neighbours  patch). But fair enough I’m sure it was a great night for them.

Bring it on, whatever happens on Friday, I love the derby.

As usual, the build up to any derby is full of anticipation, nerves and emotions. Utd should win, but, it’s a derby and these games can turn on one incident. Dundee’s disallowed goal at the last Tannadice derby being a perfect example. I looking forward to a good game, I think it will be closer than the last two, but we’re stronger in every area, so let’s hope for three early goals for Utd and party time[emoji12]
I notice the ill feeling towards everything Utd on various forums, seems to have been cranked up, apparently Tannadice is a dump[emoji23] that’s rich looking at Dens. Apparently we’re all from Angus, despite the various Dundee supporter clubs from out of town. (Incidentally my dad and grandad supported Utd). Dundee are still the big team, I think attendances recently, not just this season have put that to bed.
Dundee had the opportunity over the past three seasons to establish themselves in the city, they have not taken advantage of our poor form, it’s an important season for both clubs. Utd have gambled and it seems to be paying off🤞 not sure of the implications to Dundee of further seasons in the championship, a lot of emphasise seems to be on the new stadium[emoji848]
I have been fortunate enough to follow my team several times in Europe and seen them win 5 trophies. For the majority of Dundee fans there highlight was a top six finish, a cup final and a short trip into Europe, two administrations, and of course the so called “doon derby” when we all knew we were already down. (Not quite the same as winning two trophies and the league on our neighbours  patch). But fair enough I’m sure it was a great night for them.

Any c**t claiming Dundee are the bigger team need their head checked tbh. The fact that Dundee are so close to united in terms of size despite being so shite for so long speaks volumes. We love DFC and the wins, when they come, are so sweet. I love Dundee FC and I love the derby. f**k United.

Dens gets it's fair share of stick but the amount of 'Restricted View' tickets at Tannadice is clear indication of a poor design quality. 

It's  not like the stand is a 100 year old and just has obtrusive pillars. 

1 hour ago, Sixtyplus said:

As usual, the build up to any derby is full of anticipation, nerves and emotions. Utd should win, but, it’s a derby and these games can turn on one incident. Dundee’s disallowed goal at the last Tannadice derby being a perfect example. I looking forward to a good game, I think it will be closer than the last two, but we’re stronger in every area, so let’s hope for three early goals for Utd and party time😜

I notice the ill feeling towards everything Utd on various forums, seems to have been cranked up, apparently Tannadice is a dump😂 that’s rich looking at Dens. Apparently we’re all from Angus, despite the various Dundee supporter clubs from out of town. (Incidentally my dad and grandad supported Utd). Dundee are still the big team, I think attendances recently, not just this season have put that to bed.

Dundee had the opportunity over the past three seasons to establish themselves in the city, they have not taken advantage of our poor form, it’s an important season for both clubs. Utd have gambled and it seems to be paying off🤞 not sure of the implications to Dundee of further seasons in the championship, a lot of emphasise seems to be on the new stadium🤔

One of Dangers pals from the home imo.

f**k me, I get that folk don't want to publicly say that the title's in the bag, but jeezo men, the title is well and truly wrapped up. What isn't wrapped up is another win against the wee mob. Simply must turn up with the right attitude and take nothing for granted. Anything less than 3 points is shite.I predict the boys turn up with the right attitude and hand out another derby pumping. 4-1 (Shankland 2, Clark, and Stanton)

17 minutes ago, Dele said:

I like the way it started off all friendly chat then just got more and more aggressive as it went on. Prozac before bed for him, I reckon. 

No aggression, just my observations, Dundee fans are hurting, we’ve been there.

28 minutes ago, Dele said:

I like the way it started off all friendly chat then just got more and more aggressive as it went on. Prozac before bed for him, I reckon. 

It's incredible how DABs seem to seethe far more than we ever have due to one game and 4 years of them being laughably shite. Can't imagine how they'll deal when the owner loses interest in losing millions and packs up shop.

12 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

I'd say that both are perfectly plausible (and equally distasteful).

We're going to drop points against one of the diddy teams at some point. It's as likely to be against the Fun as anyone.

f**k me, I get that folk don't want to publicly say that the title's in the bag, but jeezo men, the title is well and truly wrapped up. What isn't wrapped up is another win against the wee mob. Simply must turn up with the right attitude and take nothing for granted. Anything less than 3 points is shite.I predict the boys turn up with the right attitude and hand out another derby pumping. 4-1 (Shankland 2, Clark, and Stanton)
That's a brave and bold prediction........

.......thinking we will score one[emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787]

1 hour ago, Juantwothree said:

Can somebody explain to me what attendances have to do with the size of a club? Anfield has an capacity of just over 50k whereas parkhead has 60k and guest what.....liverpool dwarf celtic in terms of fans. Crowdwanking is boring and a massive waste of an arguement

^^^^ wee team mentality

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'd say that both are perfectly plausible (and equally distasteful).

We're going to drop points against one of the diddy teams at some point. It's as likely to be against the Fun as anyone.

I agree.  We might be favourites going into this one but football is football, it won’t be the first time we’ve lost when we were favourites.