Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

I’ve heard it a couple of times in United away supports over the last few years, usually from pissed up old sad acts- always extremely saddening when it happens.

To think that anyone who represents the united support behaves like this is disgusting.

I personally think there should be more effective self policing measures in place, like an anonymous text number to alert stewards to come near a row or something so they can monitor behaviour. If someone’s heard or seen to be doing something racist it’s then an immediate lifetime ban. I think that would be more likely to yield results than someone having to find a Stewart and point someone out, or indeed call someone out directly.

5 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

I’ve heard it a couple of times in United away supports over the last few years, usually from pissed up old sad acts- always extremely saddening when it happens.

To think that anyone who represents the united support behaves like this is disgusting.

I personally think there should be more effective self policing measures in place, like an anonymous text number to alert stewards to come near a row or something so they can monitor behaviour. If someone’s heard or seen to be doing something racist it’s then an immediate lifetime ban. I think that would be more likely to yield results than someone having to find a Stewart and point someone out, or indeed call someone out directly.

It doesn't have to be me specifically, does it? Or will any Stewart do...

7 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Totally agree but also have to say again it's not a one off as far as racial abuse from Utd to Hemmings in concerned, is it coming from the same person!?

Whilst it is a possibility, this is obviously quite unlikely.

Like I said, we have a smattering of utter fucking roasters amongst our support. Anyone giving racist abuse to Hemmings (or anyone else for that matter), falls into that category.

30 minutes ago, Dele said:

Nobody is using it as point scoring. There's also the fact that your fans sing "You'll always be a m*ng", too. 

Again, it's not point scoring. Every club has its idiots. Yours seems to have quite a fucking high number who are still doing it on a regular basis. 

As Stu said, they dont represent most of you on here, they dont represent the support as a whole and they don't represent the club. They do, however, continually drag your clubs name through the gutter with shite like this. Hiding the video doesn't change that - it needs widely shared, condemned and then the problem ones can be called to task. 

You really think United have a higher ratio of nuggets than other clubs? Really?

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Shite and you know it. Why was your home gate up 3500 from the previous week?

How many additional Dees turned up for the Derby at Dens?

You don't sell out your full allocation every week do you?

8 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

Maybe Dundee fans will have a banner apologising for the fans that continuously threw coins at united players. Or was that their version of just giving.

A bit rich coming from a group of fans who couldn’t show respect through a minute’s silence the previous derby then racist in the next. 

Horrible, disgusting people. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 minute ago, Dele said:

What? Are you even interested in discussing what's gone on in the video or are you just trying to turn this into a dick measuring exercise? 

I’m expecting this story to run in the local press. Terribly sad image for the surrounding area of Dundee the actions of Utd’s fans in the last 2 derby’s. Horrible, disgusting people. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

I’m expecting this story to run in the local press. Terribly sad image for the surrounding area of Dundee the actions of Utd’s fans in the last 2 derby’s. Horrible, disgusting people. 

And coin throwing is perfectly acceptable?

It goes without saying that this is horrible to see/hear from either club, but it’s also worth reminding folk that we have our own idiots within our support. Only this season I’ve heard someone shouting something unacceptable in the Derry.

ETA: With regards to the coin throwing; did this actually happen? I saw wrappers and what looked like a pie thrown in the first half (which is obviously not ok either), but were there actual coins?

Edited by LiamDFC