Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

The annoying thing is this is exactly how we should have played in the previous games. If you match Utd for effort they have f**k all else. Us pretending to be a good passing team has been the death of us so far. Just shitfest it like everyone else then hope for that wee bit of Dorrans magic. Thats all you need at this level.
This.

Stop the fannying about in midfield and be a bit more direct - we were better defending up the park than our usual camped on the 18 yard line.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Delicious. 

Wonder what time the "greatest fans in the world" walk out the ground this time? Reckon theyll brave it for 79 minutes myself.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bottled an absolute sitter.

Never mind though, he'll beat his chest and shout at folk, so itll more than make up for it.

McGowan is just Paul Paton now hes lost his legs.

Why would I be? We got Jason Holt and Ali McCann instead.

Does that mean I'd rather have an immobile nothing midfielder?

Also, its the same Jason Holt who's played a part in us dragging ourselves away from relegation, while McGowan plods about for you lot.

Deserved equaliser, United will get eaten alive in the top flight with this side.

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only looking like one winner just now, Dundee dominating.

Jack Hamilton wildcard still in play though.

Random, you really are a fucking rocket.

21 minutes ago, Dele said:

I've said it a few times and had folk like Danger giving it the "We're 10 points clear, aye we are all so shite" but it has to be said again, massive clear out needed at Tannadice when they go up. 

No one is leaving Tannadice on they wages. They’re lumped with them now. They were there for the taking with a bit of positivity. 

Maybe if McPake played 2 up front all season we’d be in a far healthier position. 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Random, you really are a fucking rocket.

Mind that time you moaned Cammy Kerr wasnt capped by Scotland and he, and Kerr Waddell, would have better careers than Scott McKenna and Greg Taylor?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mind that time you moaned Cammy Kerr wasnt capped by Scotland and he, and Kerr Waddell, would have better careers than Scott McKenna and Greg Taylor?

Whilst you're right on this occasion... I don't think you of all people should be pulling up folk on bleating about players not getting Scotland caps, loon. :lol:

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Except that's a lot of shite.

33 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Fans??  Occasional/seasonal top-up fair weather curiosities , lol.

Best regards

Fans? f**k sake they are only going because The Dees are in their league. 4000 they were getting last season.  We put over 4000 on the home gate tonight. Who’s going to cover their £4M losses?

31 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Och, given how United played a draw is a good result. Certainly didn't deserve any more than that. Dundee vastly improved from the two previous derbies.

It wasn’t hard to be fair. If McPake had us set up like Neilson we’d be in a far healthier position. 4-4-2 with a ball winner and 2 attacking wide midfielders. It’s not a hard game. We’ve been better since going 2 up top.  

32 minutes ago, Dele said:

Yeah. Still think Mackie putting the head on Harkes completely changed the game. He was a anonymous after that. Butcher got danced around all night, only impact he had was on players ankles with late tackles and yet still won MotM. 

They really do think he's a footballer. Scary. 

Dinna agree with this like. I (and I think most Utd fans) am well aware of the boys limitations but he brings energy, aggression and just about enough footballing ability to make him one of the best midfielders in this league. His performance at Dens is a prime example of that.

Thought we were the better team, was heartening to see fight from the side, they gave it everything. Thought Hemmings was excellent, won everything he went for. Wasn’t impressed by Utd at all and was probably the only derby in years that I actually felt comfortable when Utd were in possession, I’m usually shitting it. However, it’s a good point for the DABS and the league is virtually done and dusted. All the best in the top flight, bit of a rebuild needed.

Tonight proved a lot of things, United are a decent team but only  in the worst Championship in years,

Neilson has conned them in to a long term contract, good, he's clueless. Out played tonight by a rookie manager, fact.

The boy Shankland has found his level, Championship player at best.

13 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

We were very poor tonight and Dundee looked much sharper, more aggressive and much fitter as the game wore on. I'm happy with the point given how the game went but disheartened with the performance on its own merit. 

Stumigoo, you are a shining bright beacon of honesty compared to 99% of your peers with a tangerine persuasion on p&b.

You certainly, continually, put that bigoted day-glow clown Jim Spence, "employed" by DC Thomson to absolute shame, imho.

Ever considered journalism? 

Festive regards