Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

34 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

With Christmas Day to come, it will be nice to have a buildup to a derby where the entire week isn't used up absolutely bricking it about the game.

Why the hell would any DAB be the slightest bit worried in the build up to this? We are going to get so badly butt-fucked that the live broadcast will have to be delayed to post-watershed on decency grounds. 

No danger of  complacency regarding the title from me as much as I expect a solid United win on Friday by a 3-0 scoreline.

Talk of title parties is far to premature at this point of the season and cocky for my liking as history has shown in the past. 

I seem to recall Dundee being the same sort gap 12-13 points ahead of ICT an number of years ago and dramatically collapsing and allowing ICT to go on and win the league.

Even further back Newcastle throwing a 10 point or so lead away over Man Utd to allow the Man Utd to retain their title, during which time I recall Kevin Keegan having a meltdown and blast at Sir Alex and Man Utd.

22 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

No danger of  complacency regarding the title from me as much as I expect a solid United win on Friday by a 3-0 scoreline.

Talk of title parties is far to premature at this point of the season and cocky for my liking as history has shown in the past. 

I seem to recall Dundee being the same sort gap 12-13 points ahead of ICT an number of years ago and dramatically collapsing and allowing ICT to go on and win the league.

Even further back Newcastle throwing a 10 point or so lead away over Man Utd to allow the Man Utd to retain their title, during which time I recall Kevin Keegan having a meltdown and blast at Sir Alex and Man Utd.

Talks of the title are far too premature.  I take a lot of comfort from wins like last Saturday in horrendous conditions and today given what the first half was like.

The team seem to have a level of determination missing in the last few seasons and that bodes well for the rest of the season.

49 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

United have won the league, just like Liverpool have won the league. In both leagues there's not a single side anywhere near as good or as consistent as them. 

The ICT 2010 comparison is a bad one. We had by far the best team in the league but just took until the November to click. 

I am just hoping to not lose. By the law of derby averages, something has to give and Dundee will get something against us either on Friday or in the last derby. I know that if we lose we are still well clear but psychologically it would be a big blow. An entertaining score draw and I would be satisfied.

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

I am just hoping to not lose. By the law of derby averages, something has to give and Dundee will get something against us either on Friday or in the last derby. I know that if we lose we are still well clear but psychologically it would be a big blow. An entertaining score draw and I would be satisfied.

The law of derby avaerages tells us we win many many many more than we lose or draw.

I don’t buy this “so long as we don’t lose stuff”.  I want us to win because:

1.  It would be 10 wins in a row - that would be pretty remarkable.

2.  We have won every home league game this season.

3.  It’s the derby, being able to noise up Funsters over the festive period would be excellent.

We will drop points between now and the end of the season, I just don’t want it to start this Friday.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Is there even an Abertay College? 

Not any more, but it was a college before it achieved full university status.

True story.  I started my degree at Abertay ‘College’ and graduated at Abertay University.

Didn't make the degree worth anymore tbh.

Not any more, but it was a college before it achieved full university status.
True story.  I started my degree at Abertay ‘College’ and graduated at Abertay University.
Didn't make the degree worth anymore tbh.

Always knew you were a thick c**t

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Check you out on the happy pills these days.

Must be aff work and on the bru.

Fair play.

Should be an enjoyable game. Can see this being close. If Forrester plays then result will be decided from the off

Im off my work and im on a 4 day streak of at least one pint in Mennies and having stollen for breakfast.