Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

That would be correct if the quote you muddled up in the middle wasn't from a completely seperate conversation going on. But you know that, you're just doing your usual shtick. 

As for your "I condemn all racism" then I hope you truly are serious about it and, you know, not just coming out with it now I pulled you up for it. 

If thats the case then i apologise.

And yes im always anti racist.  I would go as far as to say its not on.

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Mine is small

Yes I am stupid

I don't expect a subset to have changed no, but I would expect them to be told to shut their pus by fellow supporters, help them be identified and fired from a cannon.

It was, apologies where they are due. I'm a moron, not ignorant.

No bother, the discussion about crowds was responding to Yenit's point.

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

Anything interesting on TDB the past 12hrs you've been 'taking pleasure' from, mate? 

My point exactly Dele.

Btw. Have you ever thought about a career in Trump's Communications Department?

I think you'd fit right in....

Sad to see this raising its head again. 

Having read through the thread it IS apparant that this IS being used as a "willy waiving" competition, and for me that is extremely sad. "They did this...", "They did that...". 

Situation A happens, "we must do something about it". Followed by " yes, but what about unrelated situation B, unrelated situation C etc." Whataboutery - the argument of fuckwits since time immemorial.

I can play that game too..

Adult Dee following & pathetically shouting abuse at my, at the time, 4 yo son because he had a United scarf .

Being jumped in Dundee by 2 Dees after I got back to Dundee from Hampden in 94, kicked in the head, bust my glasses all cowardly from behind, before they ran away.

Hamilton,  not a high point for Dee fans.

I too have witnessed stuff being thrown, racist language and assaults by Dee fans.

Hold on....and then there is us....

Dynamo Moscow, enough said, not a good look.

The ET League Cup final, in a pub opened up early for us, a bus load of Arabs looking like they were "chemically enhanced" & bladdered, pissing in corners and in the puggy machine. Trying to swing on ceiling lights and being abusive to staff. Was utterly embarrassing to be associated with them.

This incident with Hemmings

League cup group stage at Dens in 2017. Up at the back of the Shankly stand closest to the main stand. Along side the moronic, monotone, repeated to death " Die,die die you b*****d" every so often you'd hear " get that ape" and such like every time Roarie Deacon touched the ball. Shameful.

I've also seen pathetic moronic behaviour from our fans at other times.

This tells us that we have arseholes in BOTH our supports. It is something to be EQUALLY ashamed of. Not a competition to say "your worse than  us". It should be called out. The majority of comments come.fromnthe right place, but less of the "willy waiving".

Sad thing is in the example with Roarie Deacon I think it is, this will sound clumsy do matter how I phrase it so please bear with me, just "something" to shout at an opposition player. Yes it is racist and it should be condemned. As the same voices could be heard at one time shouting

..."get that ape,well done Edge, nice one big man,get that ape!".

Absolutely abhorrent and god only  knows what Edge would have thought about it, never mind Deacon, but what goes through someone's head to think that is acceptable to shout at an opponent. 

They certainly weren't young & I believe United were aware of it.

Self policing is a good idea, but in theory a bit difficult to do depending on the situation. In that situation at Dens I was with my son who was 7 at the time. I couldn't just go up to, a number of fans, who had had alcohol, and tell them off.  As it was I placed my scarf over my mouth & did shout "less of the racism"etc when it was shouted by them. But it can be difficult, no one else seemed to be tackling it, it needs a conserted effort.

I do hope the individual is found and given a suitable punishment and at very least banned for a year from all United games. No place at all no matter the reasons for it.

Banter is one thing, but there is a "nastyness" creeping into the rivalry. As a United fan I have friends and relatives who are Dees, same as Dees on here have Arab friends, so we know each other aren't all bad! These people may well be fans of the two clubs but they DO NOT define either of us and never will 

19 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Sad to see this raising its head again. 

Having read through the thread it IS apparant that this IS being used as a "willy waiving" competition, and for me that is extremely sad. "They did this...", "They did that...". 

Situation A happens, "we must do something about it". Followed by " yes, but what about unrelated situation B, unrelated situation C etc." Whataboutery - the argument of fuckwits since time immemorial.

I can play that game too..

Adult Dee following & pathetically shouting abuse at my, at the time, 4 yo son because he had a United scarf .

Being jumped in Dundee by 2 Dees after I got back to Dundee from Hampden in 94, kicked in the head, bust my glasses all cowardly from behind, before they ran away.

Hamilton,  not a high point for Dee fans.

I too have witnessed stuff being thrown, racist language and assaults by Dee fans.

Hold on....and then there is us....

Dynamo Moscow, enough said, not a good look.

The ET League Cup final, in a pub opened up early for us, a bus load of Arabs looking like they were "chemically enhanced" & bladdered, pissing in corners and in the puggy machine. Trying to swing on ceiling lights and being abusive to staff. Was utterly embarrassing to be associated with them.

This incident with Hemmings

League cup group stage at Dens in 2017. Up at the back of the Shankly stand closest to the main stand. Along side the moronic, monotone, repeated to death " Die,die die you b*****d" every so often you'd hear " get that ape" and such like every time Roarie Deacon touched the ball. Shameful.

I've also seen pathetic moronic behaviour from our fans at other times.

This tells us that we have arseholes in BOTH our supports. It is something to be EQUALLY ashamed of. Not a competition to say "your worse than  us". It should be called out. The majority of comments come.fromnthe right place, but less of the "willy waiving".

Sad thing is in the example with Roarie Deacon I think it is, this will sound clumsy do matter how I phrase it so please bear with me, just "something" to shout at an opposition player. Yes it is racist and it should be condemned. As the same voices could be heard at one time shouting

..."get that ape,well done Edge, nice one big man,get that ape!".

Absolutely abhorrent and god only  knows what Edge would have thought about it, never mind Deacon, but what goes through someone's head to think that is acceptable to shout at an opponent. 

They certainly weren't young & I believe United were aware of it.

Self policing is a good idea, but in theory a bit difficult to do depending on the situation. In that situation at Dens I was with my son who was 7 at the time. I couldn't just go up to, a number of fans, who had had alcohol, and tell them off.  As it was I placed my scarf over my mouth & did shout "less of the racism"etc when it was shouted by them. But it can be difficult, no one else seemed to be tackling it, it needs a conserted effort.

I do hope the individual is found and given a suitable punishment and at very least banned for a year from all United games. No place at all no matter the reasons for it.

Banter is one thing, but there is a "nastyness" creeping into the rivalry. As a United fan I have friends and relatives who are Dees, same as Dees on here have Arab friends, so we know each other aren't all bad! These people may well be fans of the two clubs but they DO NOT define either of us and never will 

Superb and well balanced post.

Theres too many Dundee posters on here that are complete bell-ends. Quite happy to jump on whatever negative news is connected with United. Lets get one thing straight, if any c**t has committed racist acts, he or she should get banned for life and expect a visit from the police. What i wont let slide is people using this as a point scoring exercise, which its clearly becoming the norm on here. I was in the Shed and if that happened next to me, there would be shit hitting the fan. Id expect the same if it happened in the derry

Just now, Twinkle said:

Theres too many Dundee posters on here that are complete bell-ends. Quite happy to jump on whatever negative news is connected with United. Lets get one thing straight, if any c**t has committed racist acts, he or she should get banned for life and expect a visit from the police. What i wont let slide is people using this as a point scoring exercise, which its clearly becoming the norm on here. I was in the Shed and if that happened next to me, there would be shit hitting the fan. Id expect the same if it happened in the derry

I did earlier jump on that wagon, I was also enjoying my first day off call for the first time in a long time and was slightly "merry".

There's c***s all over the shop at every club. What I tried to get across was saying some Dee's threw coins or someone shoved a player doesn't excuse racist behaviour and it desperately needs kicked out by the fans.

Drink and "social justice" doesn't go hand in hand. Just made myself look a bellend.

I think you'll mind that there's morons on both sides who are tarring all fans with the same brush - quite frankly this isn't a point scoring exercise. Equally, the response shouldn't be a "but your fans did . . ." either. 

If there are fans of any club indulging in racist or inappropriate behaviour it needs to be dealt with by the clubs and challenged by the fans

In response to Crawford and DTID, every club has c***s. There was United players being spat at and coins thrown in that corner Dundee had but i wouldnt be tarring Dundee fans with the scum brush because of it. Unfortunately, there seems to be a trend of football supporters using racist language at games and thinking its acceptable, and its 100% true regardless of who you support. It needs nipped right in the fuckin bud but i think its better from fellow fans rather than anyone else. A wrap in the puss is a perfect deterrent

18 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

In response to Crawford and DTID, every club has c***s. There was United players being spat at and coins thrown in that corner Dundee had but i wouldnt be tarring Dundee fans with the scum brush because of it. Unfortunately, there seems to be a trend of football supporters using racist language at games and thinking its acceptable, and its 100% true regardless of who you support. It needs nipped right in the fuckin bud but i think its better from fellow fans rather than anyone else. A wrap in the puss is a perfect deterrent

Again, did this actually happen? Looked like a pie and food packaging to me, never saw (or heard) of coins or anyone spitting. I haven’t watched it back — simply asking if this is actually the case or whether it’s the usual embellishments.

Again, did this actually happen? Looked like a pie and food packaging to me, never saw (or heard) of coins or anyone spitting. I haven’t watched it back — simply asking if this is actually the case or whether it’s the usual embellishments.
There was definitely coins from what i saw. The spitting was second hand and also what id read on another United page. Regardless, we have the best derby in scottish football and shouldnt be resorting to this shite. Its actually a sad case of affairs that we are speaking about this when there was yet another belter of a match