Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

Just now, LiamDFC said:

It goes without saying that this is horrible to see/hear from either club, but it’s also worth reminding folk that we have our own idiots within our support. Only this season I’ve heard someone shouting something unacceptable in the Derry.

Both clubs have roasters amongst their fans, fortunately they are very small in number.

If the offender is caught and it’s a young person then punishment and education are in order.  For older ‘fans’ I’d advocate a lifetime ban.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Nobody is using it as point scoring. There's also the fact that your fans sing "You'll always be a m*ng", too. 

Again, it's not point scoring. Every club has its idiots. Yours seems to have quite a fucking high number who are still doing it on a regular basis. 

As Stu said, they dont represent most of you on here, they dont represent the support as a whole and they don't represent the club. They do, however, continually drag your clubs name through the gutter with shite like this. Hiding the video doesn't change that - it needs widely shared, condemned and then the problem ones can be called to task. 

31 minutes ago, Dele said:

Yes. 

Edit : much like Clyde have a higher ratio than most clubs, too. 

24 minutes ago, Dele said:

What? Are you even interested in discussing what's gone on in the video or are you just trying to turn this into a dick measuring exercise? 

I haven't watched the video. I don't want to watch the video.
If the fan has used racially abusive or discriminatory language then it is an absolute disgrace. Anytime a 'fan' does something like this it tarnishes an experience I love and a sport I follow religiously. They do not represent football fans and I would hope that 99.99% of supporters would agree and shame anyone who does engage in anything like this.
What I also do have an issue with is the pluralising of an incident like this and for people to use language that does tarnish United fans as a group. As far as I know I have seen a tiny number of idiots using terminology that is unacceptable (and again they should be shamed and humiliated for doing so), however, to use this larger scale language is something that makes me incredibly angry. Again, they do not represent me, a football fan, and they certainly do not represent my club.
It's not sharing it that needs to be done but calling out any w****r who resorts to racist language - absolutely no place for it in football

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Here comes another Arab, this time from Invergowrie whom has had nothi g to say during the whole 'racism' episode but feels the need to jump in with both feet and make a rip roaring fool of himself. 

His silence speaks volumes. 

54 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

To see Dundee then?

11233 at Dens for the Derby. 

Average attendance at Dens (taking Derby out) is aboit 4500.

take out the 3500 or so Arabs at the game means an additional 3000 Dees at the Derby.

By your logic, are these Dees just there to see United?

16 minutes ago, Dele said:

Here comes another Arab, this time from Invergowrie whom has had nothi g to say during the whole 'racism' episode but feels the need to jump in with both feet and make a rip roaring fool of himself. 

Don't forget, their players love to "black up" for parties. But then you have other roasters completely ignoring the whole incident to shout about crowd figures.

Sad that people use the Derby as an excuse to abuse a stranger because of their skin pigmentation. Absolute c***s.

Dragging over old ground, but you think they would have brushed up on this "respect" thing after the minutes silence at the last game too.

Before this turns into eye for an eye, I also hope the twat that shoved the United player gets identified and banned and the alleged coin throwers too.

20 minutes ago, Dele said:

Again you decide to make it a thing about one club over another despite protestations to the contrary. You are either at it or immensely stupid.

I condemn racism in all its forms wherever it occurs. 

I suppose where we are different is i actually mean it and act upon it and wouldn't, for example, use the right words as a thin veil to win cheap points on a football forum.

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Don't forget, their players love to "black up" for parties. But then you have other roasters completely ignoring the whole incident to shout about crowd figures.

Sad that people use the Derby as an excuse to abuse a stranger because of their skin pigmentation. Absolute c***s.

Dragging over old ground, but you think they would have brushed up on this "respect" thing after the minutes silence at the last game too.

Before this turns into eye for an eye, I also hope the twat that shoved the United player gets identified and banned and the alleged coin throwers too.

We could all play this game all day long. It doesnt advance anything.

Which is why i chose to pick Dele up on his ..ahem "dick measuring".

If you are suggesting all unites fans indulge in racism and disrupting minutes silences you are stupid.

If you expect a small subset of supporters who wpuld do either to have magically changed their behaviour since the last derby you are stupid.

Edited by invergowrie arab

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I would hope your roaster comment is no directed at me Crawford.

If it is, I would respectfully ask you to read over the last few pages of the thread again.

1 hour ago, kdyteejay said:

As said because it’s a Dundee derby and you guys couldn’t sell your allocation.

.......and yet it still wasn’t the smallest away support at a Dundee derby* since Granny Danger started watching United  (and that is a long, long time ago)

* I will give you three guesses what game had the smallest away support.  To be nice I will give you a couple of clues - 1,940 United fans turned up for the match and Hoolie became a TV star for the night.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Again you decide to make it a thing about one club over another despite protestations to the contrary. You are either at it or immensely stupid.

That would be correct if the quote you muddled up in the middle wasn't from a completely seperate conversation going on. But you know that, you're just doing your usual shtick. 

As for your "I condemn all racism" then I hope you truly are serious about it and, you know, not just coming out with it now I pulled you up for it. 

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

That would be correct if the quote you muddled up in the middle wasn't from a completely seperate conversation going on. But you know that, you're just doing your usual shtick. 

And you'd never do that would you????

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

We could all play this game all day long. It doesnt advance anything.

Which is why i chose to pick Dele up on his ..ahem "dick measuring".

If you are suggesting all unites fans indulge in racism and disrupting minutes silences you are stupid.

If you expect a small subset of supporters who wpuld do either to have magically changed their behaviour since the last derby you are stupid.

Mine is small

Yes I am stupid

I don't expect a subset to have changed no, but I would expect them to be told to shut their pus by fellow supporters, help them be identified and fired from a cannon.

6 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I would hope your roaster comment is no directed at me Crawford.

If it is, I would respectfully ask you to read over the last few pages of the thread again.

It was, apologies where they are due. I'm a moron, not ignorant.

Guest DAVIDB69
I’m away out to watch the Celtic Rangers game hoping for plenty of goals and some red cards. The dabs will be hoping for a Celtic win. 

No one really cares about this game , sky seem to think everyone in Scotland cares.

The don’t care about Scottish football outwith these two.

The down side when we go back up is only seeing ourselves live on sky.