Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

In all seriousness there was only one going to win that game towards the end and it wasn't United. 

Sloppy as f**k in possession, no apparent tactic for trying to score other than to hoof it into Shankland's general direction.

This team is going to need some serious work if we're hoping to cut it in the top league.

28 minutes ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

This team is going to need some serious work if we're hoping to cut it in the top league.

Ach no worries mate, you're in the perfect position financially and contract-wise to replace all the issues in the team that would be punished in the Premiership...

donald trump GIF

Really enjoyed the game, a hectic Derby with both teams being fairly matched over the 90 minutes. 

Utd score so early on and you think it's there for them to score more but credit to Dundee, they didn't seem to panic and controlled the game for long spells. They kept possession of the ball a lot better than the home team and equalised with a good goal, Dorrans technique to keep that ball on target was excellent. 

A fair result and one that shouldn't displease either set of fans in the bigger picture. 

8 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I know a lot of people seem to like these 'flag displays' and obviously boys put a lot of work into it, but, to be honest I'm not a fan of being unable to see the teams walk out.

Same thing with the card displays you get - fans are holding a bit of card above their head instead of clapping and cheering the team onto the park.

Here endeth my moaning.

80638225_10218834879917923_1197853124585

This was my view of Wullie Pettigrew. 

20191227_193916.jpg

7 hours ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

Fyi commemorative dvd out Monday, Greatest Draws At Tannadice. Action from tonight's game and that game McPake scored in that Dee's seem to remember so fondly.

dreh yer eyes newbie

Edited by silvery tay

9 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Stumigoo, you are a shining bright beacon of honesty compared to 99% of your peers with a tangerine persuasion on p&b.

You certainly, continually, put that bigoted day-glow clown Jim Spence, "employed" by DC Thomson to absolute shame, imho.

Ever considered journalism? 

Festive regards

I've always thought it would be the dream job. Free entry to sporting events, writing about football and being paid? Sign me up! I couldn't work for DC Thomson though, bunch of b*****ds. 

Next week will be huge for both teams. If United can win and Dundee take points off Caley it will be a boost for us but also for Dundee, and I’m still convinced you will finish second.

If both of us struggle (which let’s face it, is possible) then it’s a big dent to the momentum built by Dundee and it might start a few creeping doubts about us.

12 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

If both of us struggle (which let’s face it, is possible) then it’s a big dent to the momentum built by Dundee and it might start a few creeping doubts about us.

It won't start any doubts whatsoever, as much fun as the goal yesterday was, you won't(shouldn't) find anyone who won't concede that the league is over. It's possible you guys could have a stinking second half of the season, but the gap is too big and there's no team in the league good enough to even make it a contest. I assume you'll have mass changes next season so I doubt most of your fans will care, the job's done. 

Edited by Louis Litt

It's cute how excited some of yous are cos you never got pumped.

Excited? I’m just laughing at you lot having meltdowns about fans celebrating a goal in a derby. I fully expected a ranking last night but was pleasantly surprised at how pish you lot were. Probably the most comfortable I’ve seen our defence all season. I’m satisfied with a point, yes but would have liked a winner which O don’t think anyone could have begrudged us. Comments like yours though, seething about Dundee fans celebrating a goal is hilarious. I haven’t seen anyone celebrate the fact that we got a draw, no cheers at full time, just a round of applause.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Excited? I’m just laughing at you lot having meltdowns about fans celebrating a goal in a derby. I fully expected a ranking last night but was pleasantly surprised at how pish you lot were. Probably the most comfortable I’ve seen our defence all season. I’m satisfied with a point, yes but would have liked a winner which O don’t think anyone could have begrudged us. Comments like yours though, seething about Dundee fans celebrating a goal is hilarious. I haven’t seen anyone celebrate the fact that we got a draw, no cheers at full time, just a round of applause.

He was being sarcastic, you thick c**t 

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Lol

13 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Having watched the 2 managers effort of shaking hands after the game, would I be right to say they don't have any time for each other ?

No eye contract, just a touch of the hands on the way by each other. 

I don't know if there's a story there but it looked frosty before the game as well, quick hand shake, zero eye contact and the both of them looking a bit torn faced.

9 hours ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

its happening the office GIF

It's taken months but they're realising that, in fact, they truly are pish. Just slightly less so than the rest of this gutter league.