Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The difference being United are clearly the best team in the league. 

Whereas we were clearly the best team in the league in 2010 and just had an average start. 

Say that to Jocky's face.

If you haven't seen this already - 

An Open Letter To Dundee Derby fans going to tonight's game.

The Ruby Derby

Dear Arabs & Dees, 

Tonight’s obviously a big game for both Dundee teams. Bragging rights across the city and indeed in the same households are at stake. As you come through the turnstiles, you’ll be met with a smiling person carrying a bucket. The bucket collection is for the Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group (CCLG). It’s a national charity with a local and Dundee United connection. 

Ruby Stewart is 6 and has an aggressive form of childhood cancer called rhabdomyosarcoma. She was first diagnosed in 2017 when she was just 4 years old. She’s battled the disease bravely but there is sadly no cure for the cancer she’s been stricken with. Ruby’s been seriously ill over the festive period and has spent time in intensive care in both Ninewells Hospital and the Royal Sick Children’s Hospital in Edinburgh.

Ruby stays in Inchture and both her parents work in Dundee for the NHS. Ruby’s dad, Andy, was on the books of United for a number of years. Although he never played a first team game, he still has a great affinity for the club. 

It’s a desperately sad situation but the money we raise tonight will go to ‘Super Ruby’s Rhabdo Raiser’, a CCLG named fund. That means that the money you generously donate will be used to fund research into rhabdomyosarcoma. In short, the money you donate will absolutely make a difference to scientists understanding of this brutal form of childhood cancer. 

As a Dundee season ticket holder myself, with a son who has a season ticket for Tannadice, I know how good a Dundee Derby is. Win, lose or draw, the banter is always top drawer. 

We shout abuse across the terraces during the 90 minutes and then enjoy a pint together after it. I’m proud of our city and both teams that I’ve never once felt apprehensive about taking my kids to a derby. It’s something we should all be proud of. 

As a football fan, I know how much it costs to support your team. And, I also know that we’re not exactly swimming in cash at this time of year, but if you can donate tonight, please do. Make me and Ruby, her parents and all her family proud of your generous spirit. Big or small, each donation will make a huge difference. 

If you’re not going to the game you can still help.

You can share this post across social media and tag anyone you know who is going to tonight's game. If you’re a member of a supporters group, please share it with your members. 

And, of course, if you weren’t lucky enough to get a ticket you can donate online by going to https://www.cclg.org.uk/Super-Rubys-Rhabdo-Raiser (Please leave ‘Ruby Derby’ as a comment if donating so that we can acknowledge how much you’ve all raised.) 

Thanks to Dundee United Football Club for allowing us to do the collection tonight.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Sadly at my sisters getting scran at this moment but luckily when I get home I can crack open one of my many Broughtons borders IPA which I drink every derby since a particularly memorable new years one. 

Anyone familiar with this drink will know why its apt haha. 

John Clark

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Sadly at my sisters getting scran at this moment but luckily when I get home I can crack open one of my many Broughtons borders IPA which I drink every derby since a particularly memorable new years one. 

Anyone familiar with this drink will know why its apt haha. 

I’m hoping this will be more apt tonight:

72254927-091E-4C40-8679-994BB94C229E.jpeg