Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Hopefully Dillon gets a better reception than he did at Hamiltonemoji102.png

A dark day (and the only day that I have ever really lost the plot at fellow United fans). It was only four or five individuals but shameful stuff from them. 

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Was that his last game for United?

Unfortunately (in terms of circumstance) it was.

He's been enjoying his time at Montrose and signed a contract extension this season. He is one of these freakishly fit footballers so he could probably play at League One level for another year or two quite comfortably. 

28 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Willie Pettigrew, Derek Lilley and Sean Dillon are tonight's ex-players who will be doing a wee pre-match wave to the crowd. 

I'm now more excited about that than the game. #DareToDillon

The journey up becomes even more worthwhile. 

Oh Wullie Wullie, Wullie Wullie Wullie Wullie Pettigrew!!!

Either you, or your source, is telling porkies.
Id love to say you are better than that however..

I cant reiterate this enough, Dundee are fuckin shite. We are flying, on a run of 9 straight wins, bookies paid out on us winning the league, at home with another huge crowd and live on tv so this has got 1-0 Dundee all over it. Just got a bad feeling about tonight

14 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I cant reiterate this enough, Dundee are fuckin shite. We are flying, on a run of 9 straight wins, bookies paid out on us winning the league, at home with another huge crowd and live on tv so this has got 1-0 Dundee all over it. Just got a bad feeling about tonight

We’d still be 14 (FOURTEEN) points in front of them.

We’d still be 14 (FOURTEEN) points in front of them.

Whilst a points gap over Dundee might be nice, personally I only care about the points difference between us and second. Inverness have a very winnable game tomorrow, so if we do lose tonight it potentially eats into that gap.

Whilst a points gap over Dundee might be nice, personally I only care about the points difference between us and second. Inverness have a very winnable game tomorrow, so if we do lose tonight it potentially eats into that gap.
^^^is the correct answer

Just now, stumigoo said:

This scenario would be fucking hilarious...

ICT pip you for first,

We scrape 4th and win the first play off game probably against Ayr United.

You pump us in all 4 games in the league only to be beat by us on pens 3-0 in the play off semi.

We then go on to win promotion via the play offs beating St Johnstone.

You are then stuck down here with Hearts and St Johnstone.

Not going to happen though.

Getting the excuses in early I like that.

ICT pip you for first,
We scrape 4th and win the first play off game probably against Ayr United.
You pump us in all 4 games in the league only to be beat by us on pens 3-0 in the play off semi.
We then go on to win promotion via the play offs beating St Johnstone.
You are then stuck down here with Hearts and St Johnstone.

Not going to happen though.

One man’s hilarious is another man’s tragedy that would see me give up football for life.

As fantastic as these dreamland scenarios would be they’re obviously just not going to happen. United will win the league at a canter and rightly so (unfortunately) they’ve been excellent this season. They’re in the lucky position that they can start to build for next season early and will be able to attract top flight players early as it’s virtually guaranteed that they will be playing i the top flight next season.

That being said, it doesn’t mean they won’t have a few slip ups along the way and it would be lovely if one of them was tonight. I personally just can’t see it happening.

If we were to simply match the form of our worst season in this league (16/17) for the rest of the season, ICT would have to win around 15 of their last 18 games to pip us.

Cannae see it!

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

ICT pip you for first,

The win against Ayr last week was nine in a row.  51 years since we last did that.  Not sure when we last got 10 in a row.

46 years since Dundee won a major piece of silverware, though they did win the Doon Derby.