Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

It was like this in the 2-2 game at Tananadice the season you went down. Dundee fans had about 2/3 of the stand, then there wasn’t much segregation at all. I was sitting about 5 seats away from the United fans and there was 1 steward separating us.

Edited to say it was the 2nd 2-2 game where we were 2-0 up. Forgot there were 2 that season.

Cheers. I have a terrible memory for stuff like that. I’m assuming there are slightly different turnstiles? In my limited visits to the rabbit warren stand I can’t recall how the stairwells etc are divided up.

The closer the game is the more I am unsure about things, I’m always negative about our chances but that is purely nervous energy.

We’ve not started well in recent matches and Dundee have had a couple of good results. The first 15-20 minutes will be massive, and although I’m not normally a fan of us shooting up the hill in the second half I do think we player better shooting towards the East Stand so would be happy if we started like that to get a bit of momentum.

Cheers. I have a terrible memory for stuff like that. I’m assuming there are slightly different turnstiles? In my limited visits to the rabbit warren stand I can’t recall how the stairwells etc are divided up.

The closer the game is the more I am unsure about things, I’m always negative about our chances but that is purely nervous energy.

We’ve not started well in recent matches and Dundee have had a couple of good results. The first 15-20 minutes will be massive, and although I’m not normally a fan of us shooting up the hill in the second half I do think we player better shooting towards the East Stand so would be happy if we started like that to get a bit of momentum.

Yeah the stairwells etc were all separate.

I’m really not confident about our chances, so much so that I’m surprisingly not nervous for the game at all. Usually by this point I’d have felt sort of blind optimism by now, but nothing.

We have a team that will outscore the majority of the teams in this league, but our problem is coming up against a side like United who are so good going forward, we just don’t have the defenders to cope.

Say we were to go 1-0 up early, we just don’t have the players to sit in and shitfest the rest of the game. Our best chance tomorrow night is a 4-3 or something that swings in our favour.

I just hope it’s not another pumping.

5 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

This is probably the most relaxed Derby for quite some time from a United stand point. You hold a commanding lead at the top of the table, so league wise it's not gonna have a massive impact win, lose or draw. Therefore, it's purely bragging rights that's at stake for you lot. And if you're as 'clever' as my Arab mates, any attempt at slagging will be refuted with, 'Aye, but just the 14 points'.

I'm going in with the most, 'Meh' of attitudes I've had supporting Dundee.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This is probably the most relaxed Derby for quite some time from a United stand point. You hold a commanding lead at the top of the table, so league wise it's not gonna have a massive impact win, lose or draw. Therefore, it's purely bragging rights that's at stake for you lot. And if you're as 'clever' as my Arab mates, any attempt at slagging will be refuted with, 'Aye, but just the 14 points'.

I'm going in with the most, 'Meh' of attitudes I've had supporting Dundee.

Nah.  Always want to win a derby.

The last derby of the season is the second last game, even if we’ve won the league by then I would want us to go all out to win that game.

There was a shared turnstile at the last 6-2 game. Shambles.

3 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:
8 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:
Think if you offered both managers the draw right now, they’d grab it.

Rubbish. Neilson will, and should be gutted if we lift anything less than 3 points here.

Mind that time he celebrated taking St Mirren to penalties?

Purely from a neutral point of view, im glad this game is on sky tonight, (currently offshore working) and would rather poke hot needles in my eyes than watch reading v qpr last night! Whether this game shows our scottish game in a positive light may well be a different story, Have a feeling it could be a very one sided affair, and a difficult watch for most on the blue side of dundee. Not that i can say much, with the proverbial rollercoaster season at east end we've been having! Have to say though, I do feel somewhat for dundee, On paper at the start of the season it SHOULD have been between the two teams fighting it out for the top of the league.... My two pence worth would be a 3-1 victory for UTD tonight.

8 minutes ago, derekk164 said:

On paper at the start of the season it SHOULD have been between the two teams fighting it out for the top of the league...

No. Not even the most derry'd nut expected us to go straight up after the turgid few seasons, managers and players we have had post Hartley.

It has taken how many years and spending 133% of their operating budget to get to the top?

Just now, TheScarf said:

What channel is this on you shower of gimps? 

BT sport 2

It would be nice to win this one. Some of the DABS have gone all ‘old firmy’ after their wee burst of success. All that old arrogance and entitlement. One DAB I know was saying last night he’s delighted Hearts are going down - it will be much harder for us next season. Like the rest of these conceited wànks he thinks the league is won - in December.

Got a horrible feeling about tonight, can only see another emphatic home win. Mcpake doesnt have the knowhow to stop united. 
Mcpake mentioned previous games against utd and how we made mistakes that cost us and how we must cut them out,so its guaranteed tonight someone will f**k up again.

As much as we are the better team, I can't be too optimistic about tonight. Dundee showed enough in the previous game at Tannadice to indicate that they can hurt us. We struggled in the first half against Ayr, and if we play like that tonight we could be in bother. Plus, strange things can happen in derbies.

There shouldn't be too much pressure on the players given the gap, but the concern is that this spills over into complacency.