Dundee United v Dundee. Dundee Derby

19 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Friday night is the next installment of Scotlands greatest game

United going for 10 wins in a row and Dundee will probably bring out a DVD of the match if they manage to stop it.

I would buy that DVD.

Not any more, but it was a college before it achieved full university status.

True story.  I started my degree at Abertay ‘College’ and graduated at Abertay University.

Didn't make the degree worth anymore tbh.

Not correct old man.

I went when it was Dundee College of Technology (affectionately known as Bell St Tech). Then it became Dundee Institute of Technology by the time I graduated in 1990.

It achieved University status by the time I passed my postgraduate diploma in 1992.

I remember the campaign the Students Association ran for University status - I was one of the few who opposed it. The campaign was led by Iain McNicol ex General Secretary of the Labour Party in his capacity as President of the SA. I think they spent a fortune on buses to run 500 students to lobby the Scottish Parliament - an utter waste of money.

33 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not correct old man.

I went when it was Dundee College of Technology (affectionately known as Bell St Tech). Then it became Dundee Institute of Technology by the time I graduated in 1990.

It achieved University status by the time I passed my postgraduate diploma in 1992.

I remember the campaign the Students Association ran for University status - I was one of the few who opposed it. The campaign was led by Iain McNicol ex General Secretary of the Labour Party in his capacity as President of the SA. I think they spent a fortune on buses to run 500 students to lobby the Scottish Parliament - an utter waste of money.

Are you correct, old man?

38 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not correct old man.

I am correct.  My degree was a single year (MBA); I never did an undergraduate degree.

Dundee Institute of Technology when I started, University of Abertay when I graduated.  It was 1994 not 1992.