Hearts vs Hibs - a Boxing Day Derby

9 hours ago, wingnut said:

Been to Hibs Hearts game a few years ago at Easter Rd with a couple of Hibbie pals,not on a par with Celtic Sevco game tbf but good atmosphere and a 1-1 draw,hope Hibs can turn them over.

Not enough brain dead, bigoted, glory seekers at Edinburgh derbies. The fans also tend to sing too many football songs. I mean what the f**k? 

Hi lads, me again.

So, on to Boxing Day 2019.  

Make no mistake - this is the biggest derby Hearts have had to play in a long, long time.  Lose, and its four losses on the bounce for Daniel "Christmas Dinner" Stendelbottom combined with the next three games comprising Aberdeen (H), Ross County (A), Rangers (H).  Could easily be 7 losses in a row, the fans completely turning on him, and Hearts planted as strong favourites for relegation in 2020.  

For Hibs? A derby is always a must-win. Our players will not face nearly the same pressures as Hearts will. What I suspect is Hearts will come flying out of the traps in desperation and we will need to weather it, stay disciplined, and then turn the screw.  Anything other than a win is a very poor result for us here, as our aspirations are for Europe rather than fighting to avoid relegation (Natural Order, lol). 

We should win, for we are the better team. But it is a derby, so who on earth actually knows? 

I do. 3-0 Hibs.

Merry Christmas my wee maroon chums x

Edited by AberdeenHibee

10 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Hi lads, me again.

So, on to Boxing Day 2019.  

Make no mistake - this is the biggest derby Hearts have had to play in a long, long time.  Lose, and its four losses on the bounce for Daniel "Christmas Dinner" Stendelbottom combined with the next three games comprising Aberdeen (H), Ross County (A), Rangers (H).  Could easily be 7 losses in a row, the fans completely turning on him, and Hearts planted as strong favourites for relegation in 2020.  

For Hibs? A derby is always a must-win. Our players will not face nearly the same pressures as Hearts will. What I suspect is Hearts will come flying out of the traps in desperation and we will need to weather it, stay disciplined, and then turn the screw.  Anything other than a win is a very poor result for us here, as our aspirations are for Europe rather than fighting to avoid relegation (Natural Order, lol). 

We should win, for we are the better team. But it is a derby, so who on earth actually knows? 

I do. 3-0 Hibs.

Merry Christmas my wee maroon chums x

Most important since the Scottish cup final..!!! 

I can see Hearts getting some kind of result.We usually dont do ourselves justice at Tyneacstle.A draw would probably be a decent result for both sides.A Hibs win is calamitous for hearts-whereas a Hearts win is not the end of the world for Hibs.Can see a few goals.2-2 im going for.

52 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Is it too early to start drinking for this? Asking for a friend... Happy Crimbo lads and lassies... feeling I might not be so festive tomorrow 😂💚💔

A dislike for saying "crimbo".

Sorry.