Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

If durnan hadn’t dicked about and knocked it back to Mutch or cleared it first time we wouldn’t have been in a situation to make the ref mhak a decision.

This. Everyone giving the ref pelters.

Give it to Durnan. The guy is an absolute clown and fucks it for us week in, week out.

I'll agree with most of what's been said previously there.
Falkirk easily the better team in the 2nd half, but Airdrie had the better of the first.
The boy Durnan looks like an absolute nightmare everytime the ball comes near him, just doesn't even do the simple stuff right, there was at least a few times he could have asserted himself and win a header hit let the ball bounce and lost possession, an absolute liability it looks like.
Thomson's shot that rattled the bar would have been some introduction.
But we avoided defeat so it's a wee plus.

6 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I hate the whole team. I haven’t liked a single Falkirk player since 2016-ish.

Another game against a top four team that has passed us by. We are pish.

Overalll, this is the same feeling for me. Some players I don’t mind, like Miller, McManus and Gomis.

But there’s too many players that I just cannot stand (Dixon, Doyle, Buchanan, Durnan to name a few).

Only caught the second half and very little football played. Disappointed considering when we get the ball on the deck and play football its frightening. Airdrie making life difficult for themselves with crap clearances and defending too deep as usual. Falkirk are shite and for me that was an opportunity missed had we actually played football. Ally roy needs to get stuck in and show a bit of fight an desire. 

The 15 minutes where we had Connolly and McLean wide we looked half decent with some good balls into the box without any clear chance.

Mclean limping off yet again when given a chance is no surprise.

Sore one for Toshney and could tell by his reaction he was done which is a shame as he’s our best centre half by a mile🤦‍♂️

Only caught the second half and very little football played. Disappointed considering when we get the ball on the deck and play football its frightening. Airdrie making life difficult for themselves with crap clearances and defending too deep as usual. Falkirk are shite and for me that was an opportunity missed had we actually played football. Ally roy needs to get stuck in and show a bit of fight an desire. 
Ally Roy will never get stuck in.
He's incapable.

This time in 2 years he'll be warming the bench for Stirling or Annan

We are simultaneously absolutely dire but about 2 players away from winning the league by 10 points. If Gomis had started today I'm sure we would've won. Miller controlled the midfield but lacks the quality on the ball to create. We need Gomis back in there and a dominant centre back. Durnan is absolutely hopeless of course but he seems to know his limitations while Buchanan seems to believe he is a ball playing talent at the back. 

If McManus had buried that header I'd have come away quite happy. Once again it's a frustration. 

18 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I hate the whole team. I haven’t liked a single Falkirk player since 2016-ish.

Another game against a top four team that has passed us by. We are pish.

This is where I'm at too. Find it baffling that people actually care about any of these losers. They're all terrible.

Not a single decent player in our squad. And that's been the case for a while now. Absolutely depressing. 

Wonder what jobber dross we'll pick up in January. Can't wait. 

8 wins in 19 games in this league is fucking diabolical.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

Well that was fairly pish. McCracken and Miller have got to take the blame for that abortion of a first half performance we were utterly rancid and tactics/team selection/substitution were all wrong. Sooner we ditch this back 3 pish the better we simply don’t have the players to play it correctly. Once we went back to a 4-4-2 when Toshney got injured we were infinitely better going forward and were properly threatening.

Our defence is fucking diabolical. Every single one of them were horrible again today and if we don’t get a minimum of 2 defenders in (I’d say we actually need a whole new back 4 but sadly won’t be possible) then there’s no chance of us winning this league. I genuinely think Durnan is worse than Harrison/Dallison which is some fucking achievement. The f**k were they thinking dropping Tidser to let that sack of shit back into the team? He’s been howling for weeks and topped it all with his worst performance of a pish season today. Missing headers, letting the ball bounce, losing his man from corners, a complete inability to pass the football. Just basic stuff that he’s incapable of doing. Shows how bad he is when Buchanan is marginally better than him. Ridiculous the amount of times that c**t let’s the ball bounce in front of him. Seems to think he’s a baller with his shitey Paul Paton-esque long range passes into the stand.

The few positives was the performance when we went 4-4-2 minutes which was much better and we really need to be be playing that going forward. David McMillan took his goal really well and had a decent game his link up play is improving. Our best player was again Gary Miller imo. Battles away in midfield, doesn’t do anything stupid and he’s getting better more games he plays. Also felt sorry for Ross MacLean he was having probably his best game for us since his debut then had to go off injured. Really didn’t think he had something like that in him.

I hate Mark Durnan.

Entertaining but low quality game. General consensus seems to be the penalty was really soft but Toshney should have got a red earlier so its evened out. Thought the ref was bery poor for both sides today, some baffling decisions.

Durnan is absolutely terrible, we need to get a centre half in as soon as possible. Cant believe we dropped Tidser to get Durnan back in the team. I wouldnt be shocked to see Tidser leaving next week.

Our formation means we're relying on the wing backs for width and creativity and i dont think either is good enough although Dixon has improved lately (not today though). We need to go back to a 4 at the back and get someone creative in the midfield.

Sammon actually won a header when he came on!

10 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

8 wins in 19 games in this league is fucking diabolical.

Equally atrocious is the 6 points from 21, and not one win, against the other sides in the top four. And you've still got the delusional kidding themselves that there has been some great leap forward since McKinnon was sacked. There hasn't been, we are still garbage. Utterly devoid of any creativity, guile, skill, pace or ability to break down a team. Miller does the dirty stuff and does it pretty well but needs to be complemented by someone more creative than the likes of McShane. Hoof it in the general direction of McManus is our sole attacking idea. We actually looked a bit better when we went to a four and McLean had a half decent game for once, but still nowhere near good enough.Three centre halves are struggling at any ball over the top. Durnan strolls back into the side, gives away a laughable free kick and that leads directly to their penalty, equaliser and another two points chucked away. But Big Lee looks great on the touchline apparently, so all is well. We're not going anywhere, play-offs and the usual bottle job is an absolute certainly.

We're not going anywhere, play-offs and the usual bottle job is an absolute certainly.

I agree.
I’ve been waiting for us to hit a run of form but it’s just not happened as we’ve too many disinterested journeymen.
Raith look a better side at the moment.
Airdrie are distinctly average....but so are we.
My only hope is we find a couple of quality players in the window to push us on but it’s doubtful...