Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

So I'm making a highly unexpected trip home at the moment and will be taking in the delights of Airdrie tomorrow.

Is there a drinking establishment of choice for Falkirk fans or is it drink in Falkirk and head through last minute?

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Putting any stock whatsoever in fans predicting their team on a prediction will win makes no sense whatsoever to me is all I meant. No one expects an easy or routine win. Not a single one of us

I do

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Putting any stock whatsoever in fans predicting their team on a prediction will win makes no sense whatsoever to me is all I meant. No one expects an easy or routine win. Not a single one of us

Has no bearing on the actual outcome, sure, and it's obviously a minuscule sample size, but i'd noticed a degree of confidence. Certainly how I read it. Not entirely misplaced, either. 

Some evidence to the contrary on that final point, but I take your meaning. 

24 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Airdrie 0 Falkirk 12

Bairns fans to wreck their carpet right warehouse looking stadium.

f**k Airdrie and their fans.

Assume you mean your own stadium then , carpetright's in Falkirk....

Nice prediction

Good luck getting out of the carpark

Not too confident going into this after Saturday but, based on their performances in the last two games against us, I don't think there's anything to fear about Falkirk either. Gomis, who completely ran the show in the last game, being out is a bonus. If Roberts starts there's every chance we'll win this or at the very least get a point. If he doesn't we'll struggle. If Roberts is out then I'd start Hawkshaw in there (if he's fit) but if they're both out I think our next best suited player for that position would be Carrick. Start him there and move Thompson into one of the wide forward positions. Don't think there's anything to worry about in terms of our form (yet) but it's important we get something from this to prevent us going into a rut and to capitalise on Raith and/or East Fife and Falkirk dropping points. 
Whoever scores first will win. 

Was very surprised we changed the shape against Clyde because both Roberts and Hawkshaw were out. When I saw the lineup I assumed it would be Carrick in that role with Roy out wide since Carrick is the only other player we have with enough energy to play that role.

4 hours ago, kiddy said:
4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:
Because every decision our board has taken since 2010 has been awful.

But we moved into the Standium in 2004!

I seem to be in a minority who don't mind the stadium.

Not buying this fanciful bullshit every game at Brockville was sold out and the atmosphere electric are you?

There's not much glory to be had in the Championship either tbh.

When we were in the premiership I reckon we averaged about 4,700 home fans, maxing at just over 5,000.

In the Championship it peaked and troughed for a while but seemed to settle around the 4,100 mark, only getting close to 5,000 for the games against Dunfermline. Although crowds held up pretty well it was obviously a fair bit short of what we were getting in the top league

This season it's been around 3,700 so far, with a couple of hundred fans staying away due to protests against the board.

We'd need to get back to the top league for the 'fairweather' fans to come back imo, with the 6,000 we were able to pull in for the play-off matches a decent indication of the top end of the potential we have.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Think you've rather missed the point. quelle surprise. 

Nope. Fully got the point.
In summary, In the eyes of all non Falkirk supporting League One supporters, Falkirk should be miles in front of everyone else (they aren’t due to board incompetence which just about every Falkirk poster has already declared).
However, given a slight upsurge in form, thanks mainly to the new management team, Falkirk supporters are declared arrogant for daring to think they might win some games.
We’ve heard this song all season long.
Getting boring now.....

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Nope. Fully got the point.
In summary, In the eyes of all non Falkirk supporting League One supporters, Falkirk should be miles in front of everyone else (they aren’t due to board incompetence which just about every Falkirk poster has already declared).
However, given a slight upsurge in form, thanks mainly to the new management team, Falkirk supporters are declared arrogant for daring to think they might win some games.
We’ve heard this song all season long.
Getting boring now.....

At no point did I say that. 

I said i had gotten the impression Falkirk fans were quite confident going into this one of a comfortable win. 

I offered no judgement whatsoever on having such confidence. 

That has been an invention of your own, perceiving a fairly objective observation as some charge of arrogance. 

Rather speaks more to you than it does to me. 

Infamy, infamy... 

12 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

There's not much glory to be had in the Championship either tbh.

When we were in the premiership I reckon we averaged about 4,700 home fans, maxing at just over 5,000.

In the Championship it peaked and troughed for a while but seemed to settle around the 4,100 mark, only getting close to 5,000 for the games against Dunfermline. Although crowds held up pretty well it was obviously a fair bit short of what we were getting in the top league

This season it's been around 3,700 so far, with a couple of hundred fans staying away due to protests against the board.

We'd need to get back to the top league for the 'fairweather' fans to come back imo, with the 6,000 we were able to pull in for the play-off matches a decent indication of the top end of the potential we have.

Aye that seems fair, alluded to as much myself when I said it's the Premier League glory hunters you need to watch for. 

3,000 and above in League one, with usually, what, 1k or more away fans? That's superb relative to the division. 

It is the first season in it, I suppose, for Falkirk. If promotion is not managed this year, automatic or otherwise, it would be interesting to see how that holds up next year. But it's a great travelling and home support for this level (at least thus far). 

I seem to be in a minority who don't mind the stadium.
Not buying this fanciful bullshit every game at Brockville was sold out and the atmosphere electric are you?

You are, by a long way.

If is not just the stadium and it lack of atmosphere it’s the location.

You used to be able to drink in any of 10 pubs and leave at 2.45 and see the team still warming up. If it was shit you also get back to the pub in 5 minutes.

What stopped the clowns building the pitch closer to the main stand to start with 15 years ago? The new stands built after that means it is soulless.

4 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Just the impression I've gotten. 

You can maybe see why I've gotten this impression; from this very thread-

Marshmallo- Prediction is United 0-3 Bairns
FalkirkBairn93- Anyway, Franchise FC 1 Falkirk 3 
roman_bairn- Airdrie have been punching above their weight and us below.
Fully expect us to rectify this on Saturday.
Sanity check needed- Much more confident with out McKinnon

From the Predictions thread-

BudBairn- Airdrie 1-3 Falkirk
Back Post Misses- Airdrie 0-2 Falkirk
falkirkzombie- Airdrie-1-3 Falkirk

That strikes me as expecting a comfortable win. 

As for the 'fair weather' comment; obvious wind up. Nobody attending a league 1 game can be described as a glory hunter. There is no glory here. 

It's the fans who turn out when a club is in the top division but vanish without a trace when they drop down that you're wanting to watch. 

Falkirk attendances have been a credit to their club, especially away. Hope they keep it up when they get their second crack at the league next season... 

Misread what you meant. You did say though that 'Falkirk' would go in to the game expecting a comfortable win, not the fans.

M&M will ensure that this is not the case.

2 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Was very surprised we changed the shape against Clyde because both Roberts and Hawkshaw were out. When I saw the lineup I assumed it would be Carrick in that role with Roy out wide since Carrick is the only other player we have with enough energy to play that role.

Likewise I was surprised too and pissed off that we'd changed what had been working so well. Needless to say I wasn't surprised that it didn't turn out so well.