Sign in to follow this  
Marshmallo

Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

I mean it was entertaining, it was tense, but Chick must have been getting, ahem, 'hospitable' treatment all afternoon... 

13 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I mean it was entertaining, it was tense, but Chick must have been getting, ahem, 'hospitable' treatment all afternoon... 

13 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

The problem we have in scottis h football top flight is all games are devoid of any physical contact,  sterile, too tactical and generally pish.....   Saturday wasn't great, but you couldn't argue  it was tense, 2 committed teams, decent crowd and you left feeling you had been to a fitba match..

Just now, Passionate said:

The problem we have in scottis h football top flight is all games are devoid of any physical contact,  sterile, too tactical and generally pish.....   Saturday wasn't great, but you couldn't argue  it was tense, 2 committed teams, decent crowd and you left feeling you had been to a fitba match..

Yeah, I mean it's all relative, watch match of the day or european matches and it genuinely feels like a non-contact sport, with any feather-light touch being considered a foul or impediment. The scottish top flight looks far more robust in that light, but compared to League 1 and presumably the division above and below us it does seem a different set of standards are in play regards tackles, fouls and so forth. 

I found Saturday to be a really absorbing contest that was right in the balance from beginning to end. No going to expect much more than that from a League 1 match, so no complaints from me in that regard. 

At this level unless one team is totally outplaying the other and has the freedom to play really good football, you seldom see "good" football matches in the conventional sense (oh so bourgois!).  And that doesn't often happen, unless it's a good full-time team against a bad part-time one.  Most games are scrappy and bitty, because if they players were capable of a lot more than that they wouldn't be playing for Airdrie, Falkirk, Peterhead etc.  But you can still get entertaining games that are, as our backwards-talking denizen of the Black Lodge says, really absorbing.  That's what we had on Saturday, for my £0.02.

43 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

At this level unless one team is totally outplaying the other and has the freedom to play really good football, you seldom see "good" football matches in the conventional sense (oh so bourgois!).  And that doesn't often happen, unless it's a good full-time team against a bad part-time one.  Most games are scrappy and bitty, because if they players were capable of a lot more than that they wouldn't be playing for Airdrie, Falkirk, Peterhead etc.  But you can still get entertaining games that are, as our backwards-talking denizen of the Black Lodge says, really absorbing.  That's what we had on Saturday, for my £0.02.

ereht did uoy tahw ees I.