Sign in to follow this  
Marshmallo

Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

Chuck an old lad aka Darren Dods in that defence instead of The Divine Ponytail and we will be far better tbh. Only the OF have conceded less goals than hs in the league.

That doesn’t account for a total lack of creatively, barring Longridge and that midget c**t. Connolly?

52 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Are any Falkirk fans yet able to give me an objective opinion on why appointing Miller and McCracken as full-time managers was the right decision?

Would appreciate some honest opinions on why this was the right decision rather than the usual "got to give them a chance" we usually get.

Small samples, but I didn't see anything today that suggested we're in a better position than when I saw us in the previous fixture here this season. Tactics still seems to be hoofing it to McManus and hoping he can do something with it. Admittedly we did have more purpose when Conolly was on the left of a 4-4-2, but it was still relying on individual quality rather than any coherent gameplan. 

The defence were howling today. All three of them making basic errors and putting us under pressure. If they've been playing like that all season it's an absolute miracle we've only conceded 12 goals. Durnan needs fired into the sun. The other two you can see their strengths and weaknesses, but he doesn't appear to have any redeeming features. If Toshney's injury is even semi-serious we need a CB in Jan. 

I dont have a problem with the appointment of M & M the MSG needed to get the fans back on side this is a half arsed effort of getting 2 popular players to get the fans onside which to a degree it has worked, the downside for them is they are left with RM signings and can only make do with getting the best they can out of them a bit like RM with Hartleys dross only downside is this time we havent got a healthy bank balance to sign a new squad. So journeymen it is then.

6 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

No bother,LETS ALL DO WHAT THE FALKIRK DO emoji125.png♂️emoji125.png♂️

Posted after the game 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Enjoy the Albert Bar and I might see you at the Bairnabeu if you post something pre match

Edited by Marshmallo

Beyond Big Cracks "getting the club" and "Big Sexy" looking a million dollars in the snood? Nope. A sham decision made by a sham board purely to take the heat off them and, given the utter gullibility of a large proportion of our support, it's worked a treat in that respect. A season when we absolutely have to get promotion and we've placed all responsibility for it in the hands of two rookies whose gameplan is to pack the team with substandard defenders and hoof it. Madness, at least the contracts are short ones. At the very least there should have been a more experienced figure placed in above them and to whom they report. 

Really hope you were not one of the Hartley avatar brigade....

ps. Who should we have brought in?

This 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 is woeful and M and M need to stop it. We immediately look better when we move to a back 4 (usually 4-4-2). Why we took Tidser out the team and put Durnan in I have no idea. Miller would have been fine in the back line beside Toshney and Buchanan. The defence gives me the fear, there isn’t a straw between the lot of the them with Durnan being the worst. Mutch and McManus the only bright lights for me in this awful team. A lot of work for the management team to do.

I dont have a problem with the appointment of M & M the MSG needed to get the fans back on side this is a half arsed effort of getting 2 popular players to get the fans onside which to a degree it has worked, the downside for them is they are left with RM signings and can only make do with getting the best they can out of them a bit like RM with Hartleys dross only downside is this time we havent got a healthy bank balance to sign a new squad. So journeymen it is then.

I don’t care if supporters hate a potential new manager, if he wins games that’s all I care about (and playing some decent football is a bonus). Appointing people to help get the fans back onside is nonsense reasoning for why people should get a job.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Let me do it then - we haven't picked a drunk guy out the stand at an away game before so who knows how it'll turn out COYB

No sure where a drunk guy from the stand has turned a team around or got success but players new to management have made a success of their first job, they have also made a **** of it but the same can be said of experienced managers.

Just now, diamond daft said:

Build a wall outskirts of the shire. Too keep you rats out.

DxSYh5UX4AILXqq.jpg

That about sums it up. You can barely spell wall wee stanes.

Some utterly cringey hard-man patter on here, btw.

As to the game, it was certainly entertaining, and both teams will feel they had chances to win it, even without either goalkeeper really having a great deal to do.  We certainly benefited from having Roberts back in the team, he really does make a big difference.  I wasn't at the 0-0 game in Airdrie earlier this season, but I thought that over the piece we maybe played better than we did when we won in Falkirk - the three points and the drama of the late winner glossed over how shaky we were until our first goal in that game,  I thought.

Kieran Millar MOTM for me.

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

Sounds a good idea like a bit of banter but some just goes to far and as we know you are a very decent chap and fair minded. Least we may have  the big Swede coming in or some other big carrot to dangle... enjoy the tea. 

Posting does allow folk to get easily upset even if it is sometimes just for effect. Who knows who is coming in but a nice slice of Madeira cake went well with my tea. At one point today Paul McKay ( who had a much better game than last week(- a la Roberts) burst into the box on a great run and he passed a lovely ball near the end in one of the few passing moves.  I am optimistic for 2020

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That about sums it up. You can barely spell wall wee stanes.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

🇬🇧♦️🇬🇧♦️🇬🇧♦️🇬🇧♦️🇬🇧♦️🇬🇧♦️

Just now, diamond daft said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

🇬🇧♦️🇬🇧♦️🇬🇧♦️🇬🇧♦️🇬🇧♦️🇬🇧♦️

Yip. Your big team and your wee team both died 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Yip. Your big team and your wee team both died 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

My sides are splitting 😂😂and not because am a fat b*****d. 

28 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Posting does allow folk to get easily upset even if it is sometimes just for effect. Who knows who is coming in but a nice slice of Madeira cake went well with my tea. At one point today Paul McKay ( who had a much better game than last week(- a la Roberts) burst into the box on a great run and he passed a lovely ball near the end in one of the few passing moves.  I am optimistic for 2020

Thought McKay had good game today bid difference with Robert's in the team. Plenty to look forward too. ... this is not important right now but had slice of Madeira cake too.... see the tone has continued lol ...

4 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Entertaining but low quality game. General consensus seems to be the penalty was really soft but Toshney should have got a red earlier so its evened out. Thought the ref was bery poor for both sides today, some baffling decisions.

Durnan is absolutely terrible, we need to get a centre half in as soon as possible. Cant believe we dropped Tidser to get Durnan back in the team. I wouldnt be shocked to see Tidser leaving next week.

Our formation means we're relying on the wing backs for width and creativity and i dont think either is good enough although Dixon has improved lately (not today though). We need to go back to a 4 at the back and get someone creative in the midfield.

Sammon actually won a header when he came on!

Cheers mate. Was beginning to think it was a beer infused dream!