Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

I dont have a problem with the appointment of M & M the MSG needed to get the fans back on side this is a half arsed effort of getting 2 popular players to get the fans onside which to a degree it has worked, the downside for them is they are left with RM signings and can only make do with getting the best they can out of them a bit like RM with Hartleys dross only downside is this time we havent got a healthy bank balance to sign a new squad. So journeymen it is then.

I don’t care if supporters hate a potential new manager, if he wins games that’s all I care about (and playing some decent football is a bonus). Appointing people to help get the fans back onside is nonsense reasoning for why people should get a job.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Let me do it then - we haven't picked a drunk guy out the stand at an away game before so who knows how it'll turn out COYB

No sure where a drunk guy from the stand has turned a team around or got success but players new to management have made a success of their first job, they have also made a **** of it but the same can be said of experienced managers.

Some utterly cringey hard-man patter on here, btw.

As to the game, it was certainly entertaining, and both teams will feel they had chances to win it, even without either goalkeeper really having a great deal to do.  We certainly benefited from having Roberts back in the team, he really does make a big difference.  I wasn't at the 0-0 game in Airdrie earlier this season, but I thought that over the piece we maybe played better than we did when we won in Falkirk - the three points and the drama of the late winner glossed over how shaky we were until our first goal in that game,  I thought.

Kieran Millar MOTM for me.

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

Sounds a good idea like a bit of banter but some just goes to far and as we know you are a very decent chap and fair minded. Least we may have  the big Swede coming in or some other big carrot to dangle... enjoy the tea. 

Posting does allow folk to get easily upset even if it is sometimes just for effect. Who knows who is coming in but a nice slice of Madeira cake went well with my tea. At one point today Paul McKay ( who had a much better game than last week(- a la Roberts) burst into the box on a great run and he passed a lovely ball near the end in one of the few passing moves.  I am optimistic for 2020

28 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Posting does allow folk to get easily upset even if it is sometimes just for effect. Who knows who is coming in but a nice slice of Madeira cake went well with my tea. At one point today Paul McKay ( who had a much better game than last week(- a la Roberts) burst into the box on a great run and he passed a lovely ball near the end in one of the few passing moves.  I am optimistic for 2020

Thought McKay had good game today bid difference with Robert's in the team. Plenty to look forward too. ... this is not important right now but had slice of Madeira cake too.... see the tone has continued lol ...

4 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Entertaining but low quality game. General consensus seems to be the penalty was really soft but Toshney should have got a red earlier so its evened out. Thought the ref was bery poor for both sides today, some baffling decisions.

Durnan is absolutely terrible, we need to get a centre half in as soon as possible. Cant believe we dropped Tidser to get Durnan back in the team. I wouldnt be shocked to see Tidser leaving next week.

Our formation means we're relying on the wing backs for width and creativity and i dont think either is good enough although Dixon has improved lately (not today though). We need to go back to a 4 at the back and get someone creative in the midfield.

Sammon actually won a header when he came on!

Cheers mate. Was beginning to think it was a beer infused dream!

2 hours ago, RaithTheRover said:

You’ve surely got to be taking the piss? 2 players from winning the League by ten points? You need 4 players to sort out your fucking defence, and another 2 for that midfield, unless Gomis, Tidser and whatever over lower league jobber you’re employing, Telfer perhaps?

Our defenders are crap, but would appear to be more than good enough to stop teams from scoring in this league. Whilst I hate watching them, I'd be more than content to keep them on and spending any available cash on someone who could actually provide our strikers with some chances.

3 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Fair enough comment but I bet you are glad you never went to Peterheid? It is the kind of L1 where Clyde and Airdrie,  can win at Falkirk while Clyde beat us quite well last week but will now be looking over their shoulders at the bottom three?  Which stand did you go into perchance?

Airdrie