Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Are any Falkirk fans yet able to give me an objective opinion on why appointing Miller and McCracken as full-time managers was the right decision?

Would appreciate some honest opinions on why this was the right decision rather than the usual "got to give them a chance" we usually get.

Beyond Big Cracks "getting the club" and "Big Sexy" looking a million dollars in the snood? Nope. A sham decision made by a sham board purely to take the heat off them and, given the utter gullibility of a large proportion of our support, it's worked a treat in that respect. A season when we absolutely have to get promotion and we've placed all responsibility for it in the hands of two rookies whose gameplan is to pack the team with substandard defenders and hoof it. Madness, at least the contracts are short ones. At the very least there should have been a more experienced figure placed in above them and to whom they report. 

12 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

We should look for some promising young managers with a bit of experience like that Hartley at Cove or go for a safe pair of hands like McKinnon. Considering our last couple of managers records and without hindsight would anyone say we'd end up where we are? Why not give them a chance? If one can improve our team's fitness (looks like it's getting better) and the other can motive them, then why not?

Thought we did well 2nd half and were the better team overall apart from a 10 minute spell before half time for them. Would like to see their penalty again, looked very soft.

Let me do it then - we haven't picked a drunk guy out the stand at an away game before so who knows how it'll turn out COYB

11 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Beyond Big Cracks "getting the club" and "Big Sexy" looking a million dollars in the snood? Nope. A sham decision made by a sham board purely to take the heat off them and, given the utter gullibility of a large proportion of our support, it's worked a treat in that respect. A season when we absolutely have to get promotion and we've placed all responsibility for it in the hands of two rookies whose gameplan is to pack the team with substandard defenders and hoof it. Madness, at least the contracts are short ones. At the very least there should have been a more experienced figure placed in above them and to whom they report. 

But remember .. should we.. the fans.. be doing better ? 

10 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

The playoffs would be an absolute disaster for us. Embarrassing given the competition and a certain loss given the heart of a pea squad we have. 

The worst thing being we have half of this shit on two year deals. 

I disagree. Two games against East Fife or Airdrie and we would nick it in two atrocious games. Morton over two legs is a wet dream tbh.

We are simultaneously absolutely dire but about 2 players away from winning the league by 10 points. If Gomis had started today I'm sure we would've won. Miller controlled the midfield but lacks the quality on the ball to create. We need Gomis back in there and a dominant centre back. Durnan is absolutely hopeless of course but he seems to know his limitations while Buchanan seems to believe he is a ball playing talent at the back. 
If McManus had buried that header I'd have come away quite happy. Once again it's a frustration. 

You’ve surely got to be taking the piss? 2 players from winning the League by ten points? You need 4 players to sort out your fucking defence, and another 2 for that midfield, unless Gomis, Tidser and whatever over lower league jobber you’re employing, Telfer perhaps?

I took in the game as a neutral and it was a hard fought draw which was probably fair on balance in a game of rushed passes and an overall lack of quality. 
Falkirk lacked a bit of creativity and guile in midfield and losing Longridge early on probably didn't help in that regard. 
The ref looked like he was genuinely guessing with some of his decisions and he wasn't at all helped by the linesmen. Interesting to see the Airdrie penalty that was awarded played back again. 
Liked the look of the Airdrie right back, defensively good but also some great deliveries from corners and from open play and also Roberts in midfield again looked a decent player until he went off. 
For Falkirk, McLean had some excellent deliveries into the box and looked sharp until having to go off and McMillan did alright before being moved out wide when Sammon came on. As the game became stretched in the 2nd half either team could've nicked it but overall a fair result. Neither keeper having any real saves of note to make. 
The pitch clearly isn't the best but it almost looked to be a bit dangerous at times, looked like Toshney's foot got caught in the surface causing him to go off, the Airdrie left back almost did the splits when taking a throw in and generally players never looked at ease on it. Durnan included, before anyone else says anything. [emoji6]
I sat near to the Falkirk directors and they were noticeably critical of their team when things didn't come off, which did surprise me. 
Also credit to the home stand for giving the injured Toshney a warm round of applause when he went up the tunnel on the stretcher. That did pleasantly surprise me. 

Why wouldn't we applaud the guy? We aren't dicks.

I disagree. Two games against East Fife or Airdrie and we would nick it in two atrocious games. Morton over two legs is a wet dream tbh.
I disagree. Having seen Falkirk against us in the 3 fixtures so far this season nothing I have seen from your journeyman squad leads me to think you are any better than any of the other 4 teams challenging.

Falkirk have always been at our best when we had one player miles better than the dross around him. Stainrod, Latapy, Stokes, Jean-Francois Lecsinel...

Any future transfer strategy should be putting all our eggs in one basket. Like the old Football manager tactic of using all your money to buy a "9" skill boy in League Four..

Edited by Bairn Necessities

10 minutes ago, RaithTheRover said:

You’ve surely got to be taking the piss? 2 players from winning the League by ten points? You need 4 players to sort out your fucking defence, and another 2 for that midfield, unless Gomis, Tidser and whatever over lower league jobber you’re employing, Telfer perhaps?

Chuck an old lad aka Darren Dods in that defence instead of The Divine Ponytail and we will be far better tbh. Only the OF have conceded less goals than hs in the league.

12 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:
53 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:
I took in the game as a neutral and it was a hard fought draw which was probably fair on balance in a game of rushed passes and an overall lack of quality. 
Falkirk lacked a bit of creativity and guile in midfield and losing Longridge early on probably didn't help in that regard. 
The ref looked like he was genuinely guessing with some of his decisions and he wasn't at all helped by the linesmen. Interesting to see the Airdrie penalty that was awarded played back again. 
Liked the look of the Airdrie right back, defensively good but also some great deliveries from corners and from open play and also Roberts in midfield again looked a decent player until he went off. 
For Falkirk, McLean had some excellent deliveries into the box and looked sharp until having to go off and McMillan did alright before being moved out wide when Sammon came on. As the game became stretched in the 2nd half either team could've nicked it but overall a fair result. Neither keeper having any real saves of note to make. 
The pitch clearly isn't the best but it almost looked to be a bit dangerous at times, looked like Toshney's foot got caught in the surface causing him to go off, the Airdrie left back almost did the splits when taking a throw in and generally players never looked at ease on it. Durnan included, before anyone else says anything. emoji6.png
I sat near to the Falkirk directors and they were noticeably critical of their team when things didn't come off, which did surprise me. 
Also credit to the home stand for giving the injured Toshney a warm round of applause when he went up the tunnel on the stretcher. That did pleasantly surprise me. 

Why wouldn't we applaud the guy? We aren't dicks.

I don't think that's a view shared by the vast majority of Scottish football but as I said pleasantly surprised. 

Chuck an old lad aka Darren Dods in that defence instead of The Divine Ponytail and we will be far better tbh. Only the OF have conceded less goals than hs in the league.

That doesn’t account for a total lack of creatively, barring Longridge and that midget c**t. Connolly?

52 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Are any Falkirk fans yet able to give me an objective opinion on why appointing Miller and McCracken as full-time managers was the right decision?

Would appreciate some honest opinions on why this was the right decision rather than the usual "got to give them a chance" we usually get.

Small samples, but I didn't see anything today that suggested we're in a better position than when I saw us in the previous fixture here this season. Tactics still seems to be hoofing it to McManus and hoping he can do something with it. Admittedly we did have more purpose when Conolly was on the left of a 4-4-2, but it was still relying on individual quality rather than any coherent gameplan. 

The defence were howling today. All three of them making basic errors and putting us under pressure. If they've been playing like that all season it's an absolute miracle we've only conceded 12 goals. Durnan needs fired into the sun. The other two you can see their strengths and weaknesses, but he doesn't appear to have any redeeming features. If Toshney's injury is even semi-serious we need a CB in Jan. 

I dont have a problem with the appointment of M & M the MSG needed to get the fans back on side this is a half arsed effort of getting 2 popular players to get the fans onside which to a degree it has worked, the downside for them is they are left with RM signings and can only make do with getting the best they can out of them a bit like RM with Hartleys dross only downside is this time we havent got a healthy bank balance to sign a new squad. So journeymen it is then.

Really hope you were not one of the Hartley avatar brigade....

ps. Who should we have brought in?

This 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 is woeful and M and M need to stop it. We immediately look better when we move to a back 4 (usually 4-4-2). Why we took Tidser out the team and put Durnan in I have no idea. Miller would have been fine in the back line beside Toshney and Buchanan. The defence gives me the fear, there isn’t a straw between the lot of the them with Durnan being the worst. Mutch and McManus the only bright lights for me in this awful team. A lot of work for the management team to do.