Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

IMG_2972.jpg

That I would love to say would’ve changed the game, I do think it’s just over, but at 0-0 there’s nothing to say had that been given it wouldn’t have changed the flow of the game. It happened so close to our goal that we wouldn’t have would up 2-0 up. Instead it would still have been 1-0.

Durnans error that led to the penalty was again totally avoidable. I say this again as on reflection a draw was a fair score.

What a load of shite.
Quote one Falkirk poster on here that’s compared our journeymen team to Barca?
In fact if anything, there’s nothing but criticism of our team from pretty much everyone this season.

But still, at least you haven’t lowered yourself to playing “primitive hoofball”.

I think he's a good player albeit fairly raw. Can play in several positions in the defence but we've been mainly using him as a holding midfielder. Does the dirty work and while he does nothing fancy, will more often than not find a team mate with a straightforward pass. One of his biggest assets is his runs into the box either with the ball or to support the forwards. One of the best examples of that was actually in the previous games at TFS when he scored our first goal. Has the long throw-in too which, while it works better in some games than others, is definitely an asset. 
Was definitely impressed with him yesterday as he protected the defence well and made good runs forward and as you said played a good few simple balls that got Airdrie on the front foot.

3 hours ago, champions said:

When did airdrie start singing rangers songs? Sounded like it was that wee group of pussies in the corner. I dont ever recall 'hello hello' being sung pre liquidation.

I can confirm that the melody and the words, which unfortunately want to do harm to Motherwell fans, have been on the go for most of my lifetime, but I have never indulged in these useless words or tune,  pre or post liquidation.  I was watching the Dundee Derby on Friday and I heard some Dundee fans also sing a version. It would certainly come from that far end of the stand where the "daft boys" gather but I was so involved in the game that I never clocked it.  The notion that some Airdrie fans have a Rangers connection has some truth but many of us can't stand either side of that divide. I did hear the daft Falkirk boys singing about Airdrie slums and most of them were demolished in the great Council House building of the post war period. I must listen more often to the terracing songs.

Personally I think we only play to our strengths.  We have a strong defence who cover each other and while we don't have a midfield that controls games the dig in work to win balls and try to go forward.  Our forwards work hard too and chase every ball even score a few goals.  With the work rate they show some of the older airdrie fans will remember the success we had with a team who didn't have superstars but played for each other.      I understand the frustration of the Falkirk fans. With the size of the fanbase and budget they really should be challenging at the top of the championship. Let's face it they aren't a bad side. They have a team full of guys who have played at a higher level.  Maybe just some of them are not up for a physical scrap that so many of the games in this league turn into. Nothing wrong with fans wanting/expecting more.  I full expect Falkirk won't be far off 1st place at the end of the season.   I just hope we are still up there too. 

Looking forward to the new year as a proud Airdrie fan superb reading the posts from other teams fans. When the diamonds get gubbed we as a group have a moan at our team we even have a moan bout ourselves every other crowd get round to us blaming us for their woes. If it's not how we play it's the colour of our socks the wind  is blowing omg Airdrie fans have a union jack. Good job us Airdrie fans recognise jolly good fellow fans and credit to Falkirk for good support yesterday.... but hey it's a game of football which the result was about right end to end and who knows maybe the quality will improve lol... 

5 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Would like to see Crighton's header again. Was hard to tell during the game but it looked as if it may have bounced over the line. The ref and the linesman (who was of no help throughout the game) maybe didn't cover themselves in glory there but they were crap for both teams throughout the game. 

I was level with the 6 yard box and was fairly certain it didn't go over. Fair summary otherwise. 

Looking forward to the new year as a proud Airdrie fan superb reading the posts from other teams fans. When the diamonds get gubbed we as a group have a moan at our team we even have a moan bout ourselves every other crowd get round to us blaming us for their woes. If it's not how we play it's the colour of our socks the wind  is blowing omg Airdrie fans have a union jack. Good job us Airdrie fans recognise jolly good fellow fans and credit to Falkirk for good support yesterday.... but hey it's a game of football which the result was about right end to end and who knows maybe the quality will improve lol... 
Love your home top proper classic look to it, I blame that for Falkirk being shit

I’ve no problem with how any other team plays against us. Play to your strengths and do anything you can to win the game.

I expect Falkirk with the midfielders and forwards we have to play better than they did yesterday. That’s not being arrogant or thinking we are Barcelona. We didn’t even do the basics right, could barely string 4 passes together.

32 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

Love your home top proper classic look to it, I blame that for Falkirk being shit

Thought your team would have got a boost with new manager the big centre half looked a bundle of nerves. May not have been silky football but enjoyed it. There was much less thuggery than a game against the Raith cloggers ...