Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

Went along to this as a neutral as I was not going to make it to Peterhead.  I was looking to an entertaining top of the table clash.  Instead it was a woeful and desperate game.  Both sides should be docked points for a performance like that.  To be fair, Falkirk were better in the second half (still stinking) than Airdrie and will wonder why they came away with only one point.  But over the piece, two very poor teams and a very poor game.

4 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Went along to this as a neutral as I was not going to make it to Peterhead.  I was looking to an entertaining top of the table clash.  Instead it was a woeful and desperate game.  Both sides should be docked points for a performance like that.  To be fair, Falkirk were better in the second half (still stinking) than Airdrie and will wonder why they came away with only one point.  But over the piece, two very poor teams and a very poor game.

Fair enough comment but I bet you are glad you never went to Peterheid? It is the kind of L1 where Clyde and Airdrie,  can win at Falkirk while Clyde beat us quite well last week but will now be looking over their shoulders at the bottom three?  Which stand did you go into perchance?

9 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I am no fan of Trump ,  and my views on the "Union" are that it is on a shaky jaiket nail but I have no interest in whether some current fans want to bring differing flags to the game. I did object to the Trump one at Falkirk if it was intended to suggest support for him, rather than a funny way of reasserting a come back by the Diamonds this season.  I am in the Family friendly section so watch the game rather than the theatrics at the other end.

You are a good man and I hope you enjoy the rest of the season.

Not a classic today.  The game ended more like both teams were trying not to get beat than push for the win.  Quite disappointing we didn't trouble the Falkirk keeper in the 2nd half.  Having curtis Roberts back in from the start and Falkirk missing gomis made a bit of a difference.  Murray needs to have a word with McDonald and tell him to cross the ball rather than keep trying to beat defenders.  Bit of a shame for Falkirk to have 3 players go off injured. Not for the 1st time this season the ref had a shocker.  Both teams will think the points were there for the taking. We move on to next week and really have to win. 

2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Time for a cup of tea Eric for me, and a rest from Tinternet. 

Sounds a good idea like a bit of banter but some just goes to far and as we know you are a very decent chap and fair minded. Least we may have  the big Swede coming in or some other big carrot to dangle... enjoy the tea. 

If i never see Mark Durnan in a Falkirk top again i wouldnt lose any sleep over it absoluely woeful player.  other than that 2nd half performance was much better and the standard of refereeing in this division is woeful.

I took in the game as a neutral and it was a hard fought draw which was probably fair on balance in a game of rushed passes and an overall lack of quality. 

Falkirk lacked a bit of creativity and guile in midfield and losing Longridge early on probably didn't help in that regard. 

The ref looked like he was genuinely guessing with some of his decisions and he wasn't at all helped by the linesmen. Interesting to see the Airdrie penalty that was awarded played back again. 

Liked the look of the Airdrie right back, defensively good but also some great deliveries from corners and from open play and also Roberts in midfield again looked a decent player until he went off. 

For Falkirk, McLean had some excellent deliveries into the box and looked sharp until having to go off and McMillan did alright before being moved out wide when Sammon came on. As the game became stretched in the 2nd half either team could've nicked it but overall a fair result. Neither keeper having any real saves of note to make. 

The pitch clearly isn't the best but it almost looked to be a bit dangerous at times, looked like Toshney's foot got caught in the surface causing him to go off, the Airdrie left back almost did the splits when taking a throw in and generally players never looked at ease on it. Durnan included, before anyone else says anything. 😉

I sat near to the Falkirk directors and they were noticeably critical of their team when things didn't come off, which did surprise me. 

Also credit to the home stand for giving the injured Toshney a warm round of applause when he went up the tunnel on the stretcher. That did pleasantly surprise me. 

Am I wrong? We should've taken that today if McManus hadn't missed a sitter. We lost three players to injury during the game and we were missing our one all rounder in midfield due to suspension. 

Yes. Your whole team is peppered with absolute shite

Are any Falkirk fans yet able to give me an objective opinion on why appointing Miller and McCracken as full-time managers was the right decision?

Would appreciate some honest opinions on why this was the right decision rather than the usual "got to give them a chance" we usually get.

Edited by Gaz

Shove your flags up your hole. Trump and the union, sums you lot up. I had respect for Airdrie fans that stayed during your club's demise but it seemed all of you love that Govan bigot fest. 600 in that home end and I would class a majority as rats. 

I wouldnt wave a union jack personally but i really dont see the issue with it. Some people see themselves as british which is their choice. Dont think it makes them a “rat”.

The donald trump one is amusing. Again, i dont think they are waving it to show support for trump.

People getting bothered by stuff like this probably says more about them

Are any Falkirk fans yet able to give me an objective opinion on why appointing Miller and McCracken as full-time managers was the right decision?
Would appreciate some honest opinions on why this was the right decision rather than the usual "got to give them a chance" we usually get.

Cos it’s doubtful anyone else could do better with the shower of shite we have?…

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

We should look for some promising young managers with a bit of experience like that Hartley at Cove or go for a safe pair of hands like McKinnon. Considering our last couple of managers records and without hindsight would anyone say we'd end up where we are? Why not give them a chance? If one can improve our team's fitness (looks like it's getting better) and the other can motive them, then why not?

Thought we did well 2nd half and were the better team overall apart from a 10 minute spell before half time for them. Would like to see their penalty again, looked very soft.

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

To sell half season tickets.