Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

27 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We are simultaneously absolutely dire but about 2 players away from winning the league by 10 points. If Gomis had started today I'm sure we would've won. Miller controlled the midfield but lacks the quality on the ball to create. We need Gomis back in there and a dominant centre back. 

Pretty much sums up most of the top four/five in League One. Add a quality player or two to Raith, Airdrie, Falkirk, East Fife and perhaps Montrose, and that team would likely be 5-10 points clear. I know that losing Vaughan tore the heart out of our attack.

Watching you play earlier this season, with Gomis in (for the 60 or so minutes he can play), and Dixon as a wide back left attacking threat, you lot looked very threatening. I don’t think you even need two players, if the strange lineup decisions can get sorted, one solid attacking midfielder would probably be enough.

Now the season starts to get interesting as the more active players yellow totals start to climb and nicks and niggles turn into missed games. While the quality of play may not be great, it’s likely going to be a fight down to the wire.

1 minute ago, Spanish Armada said:

It’s a bin mate,who gives a f**k?

As bins go it's a rather nice bin. Did you Falkirk folk use up all your cheer at Christmas wasnt much quality on show game could have went anyway and that's the bit that keeps you on edge. We are both in league one for a reason and if the diamonds win the league I hope Falkirk go up through the playoffs least there is a bit of atmosphere..... 

27 minutes ago, Russ said:

Well that was fairly pish. McCracken and Miller have got to take the blame for that abortion of a first half performance we were utterly rancid and tactics/team selection/substitution were all wrong. Sooner we ditch this back 3 pish the better we simply don’t have the players to play it correctly. Once we went back to a 4-4-2 when Toshney got injured we were infinitely better going forward and were properly threatening.

Our defence is fucking diabolical. Every single one of them were horrible again today and if we don’t get a minimum of 2 defenders in (I’d say we actually need a whole new back 4 but sadly won’t be possible) then there’s no chance of us winning this league. I genuinely think Durnan is worse than Harrison/Dallison which is some fucking achievement. The f**k were they thinking dropping Tidser to let that sack of shit back into the team? He’s been howling for weeks and topped it all with his worst performance of a pish season today. Missing headers, letting the ball bounce, losing his man from corners, a complete inability to pass the football. Just basic stuff that he’s incapable of doing. Shows how bad he is when Buchanan is marginally better than him. Ridiculous the amount of times that c**t let’s the ball bounce in front of him. Seems to think he’s a baller with his shitey Paul Paton-esque long range passes into the stand.

The few positives was the performance when we went 4-4-2 minutes which was much better and we really need to be be playing that going forward. David McMillan took his goal really well and had a decent game his link up play is improving. Our best player was again Gary Miller imo. Battles away in midfield, doesn’t do anything stupid and he’s getting better more games he plays. Also felt sorry for Ross MacLean he was having probably his best game for us since his debut then had to go off injured. Really didn’t think he had something like that in him.

I hate Mark Durnan.

Russ, reading your post I’m surmising that you weren’t happy with Falkirk’s performance today?

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's where you and your currant bun sympathising club belong tbh

😂 The actual state of you. You cant even keep your mashed heid straight enough to work out if you're  WUM, a troll, an agitator or borderline serious. Take your word spaghetti and your estrogen addled hissy fits and away fling shite at the moon.

Edited by cb_diamond

Takes me a wee while to post as I have to get in the curry and warm up my feet, so I am catching up on the various views. It was a tousy contest where the ball was largely there to be headed away and thumped elsewhere to avoid any serious errors. It was not a game of flowing  moves but these are two evenly matched sides. We were better than last week at pressing the opposition and till he tired Roberts did make a difference. I thought Falkirk looked much better when they went 4-4-2 and the sub who was subbed (McLean?) gave McCann a hard shift so I was happy when he had to go off and Sammon appeared. Certainly McManus did miss a bit of a pinch late on but a draw was a fair result. The atmosphere was good and with 700 more than the last game it helps our coffers, although there were also more in the home end. Who needs a winter break! The various referreing decisions might need the highlights but I thought he was very slow to check whether Crighton had a head injury. If both of these sides are average then no one is running away with L1 like the Smokies did. Don't like to criticise the opposition players but Durnan putting a pass straight out in the 2nd half , was a good laugh. 2nd top and still competing as Q3 starts keeps me quite content. 

4 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

😂 The actual state of you. You cant even keep your mashed heid straight enough to work out if you're  WUM, a troll, an agitator or borderline serious. Take your word spaghetti and your estrogen addled hissy fits and away fling shite at the moon.

Shove your flags up your hole. Trump and the union, sums you lot up. I had respect for Airdrie fans that stayed during your club's demise but it seemed all of you love that Govan bigot fest. 600 in that home end and I would class a majority as rats. 

2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Takes me a wee while to post as I have to get in the curry and warm up my feet, so I am catching up on the various views. It was a tousy contest where the ball was largely there to be headed away and thumped elsewhere to avoid any serious errors. It was not a game of flowing  moves but these are two evenly matched sides. We were better than last week at pressing the opposition and till he tired Roberts did make a difference. I thought Falkirk looked much better when they went 4-4-2 and the sub who was subbed (McLean?) gave McCann a hard shift so I was happy when he had to go off and Sammon appeared. Certainly McManus did miss a bit of a pinch late on but a draw was a fair result. The atmosphere was good and with 700 more than the last game it helps our coffers, although there were also more in the home end. Who needs a winter break! The various referreing decisions might need the highlights but I thought he was very slow to check whether Crighton had a head injury. If both of these sides are average then no one is running away with L1 like the Smokies did. Don't like to criticise the opposition players but Durnan putting a pass straight out in the 2nd half , was a good laugh. 2nd top and still competing as Q3 starts keeps me quite content. 

Good summing up of the game. Maybe not the quality but chances at both ends decent crowd good tackles dodgy ref for both draw was fair result...

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Shove your flags up your hole. Trump and the union, sums you lot up. I had respect for Airdrie fans that stayed during your club's demise but it seemed all of you love that Govan bigot fest. 600 in that home end and I would class a majority as rats. 

Haha not exactly disproving my point there ya attention seeking scrotum.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

As one of the fans who stayed here to support the club, I don't recognise your description of "all" of us. Fair enough to be annoyed by some fans but sweeping condemnation is a bot obverblown.

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

As one of the fans who stayed here to support the club, I don't recognise your description of "all" of us. Fair enough to be annoyed by some fans but sweeping condemnation is a bot obverblown.

Don't worry CC he's just making a play for #1 in the 50 worst posters thread...he wont win that either...

6 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Good summing up of the game. Maybe not the quality but chances at both ends decent crowd good tackles dodgy ref for both draw was fair result...

I enjoyed a close encounter of the usual kind. Falkirk have not beaten any one of the others in top four and that spells a campaign going down to the wire. Roll on Forfar and Happy Hogmanay to you.

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I will apologise to you if you disagree with those views and would not group you with the shower who bring those flags to your games. I'd struggle to work all week to spend my money associating with them on a Saturday every week but each to their own.

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I will apologise to you if you disagree with those views and would not group you with the shower who bring those flags to your games. I'd struggle to work all week to spend my money associating with them on a Saturday every week but each to their own.

I am no fan of Trump ,  and my views on the "Union" are that it is on a shaky jaiket nail but I have no interest in whether some current fans want to bring differing flags to the game. I did object to the Trump one at Falkirk if it was intended to suggest support for him, rather than a funny way of reasserting a come back by the Diamonds this season.  I am in the Family friendly section so watch the game rather than the theatrics at the other end.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error