Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You are, by a long way.

If is not just the stadium and it lack of atmosphere it’s the location.

You used to be able to drink in any of 10 pubs and leave at 2.45 and see the team still warming up. If it was shit you also get back to the pub in 5 minutes.

What stopped the clowns building the pitch closer to the main stand to start with 15 years ago? The new stands built after that means it is soulless.

Given we've increased our fan base since moving I'd say the pub thing only bothers a very small minority. Maybe 10% of our home crowd.

As for the Stadium itself you highlight the distance to the touchlines but I'd be here all day listing all Brockvilles flaws.

41 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Given we've increased our fan base since moving I'd say the pub thing only bothers a very small minority. Maybe 10% of our home crowd.

As for the Stadium itself you highlight the distance to the touchlines but I'd be here all day listing all Brockvilles flaws.

Brockville had it flaws for that none of us have any doubt however its where a lot of us were brought up watching Falkirk so it brings back a lot of good memories shitehole or not

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Brockville had it flaws for that none of us have any doubt however its where a lot of us were brought up watching Falkirk so it brings back a lot of good memories shitehole or not

I 1st went to Brockville in 1987 so I'm very aware.

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

it’s hard team work, desire and competing for every first, second and third ball over each 90 odd minutes, to win games in this league. Lastly for anyone thinking aye/no gets your arses up to Airdrie and support the team.

Your post was interesting and the first point  was adapted by Airdrie about 8 weeks ago with good results. I would also encourage Airdrie aye/naw  fans to support the Diamonds. Enjoy the trip.

49 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I 1st went to Brockville in 1987 so I'm very aware.

There were fantastic times at Brockville and it was where I first saw Falkirk at Andy Nicols testimonial and miss it mostly because I went as a kid and grew up there but the two most grim games I saw were there. Arbroath pumping us 3-0 and Clyde pumping us 6-1 When Falkirk do have a decent team and win important games the new ground can generate a great atmosphere. The playoff semi v hibs, beating old rangers in the league cup and beating Hearts in the league cup, Gows goal v the fifers in the last minute were all brilliant and generated a great atmosphere. We just need an exciting team.

There were fantastic times at Brockville and it was where I first saw Falkirk at Andy Nicols testimonial and miss it mostly because I went as a kid and grew up there but the two most grim games I saw were there. Arbroath pumping us 3-0 and Clyde pumping us 6-1 When Falkirk do have a decent team and win important games the new ground can generate a great atmosphere. The playoff semi v hibs, beating old rangers in the league cup and beating Hearts in the league cup, Gows goal v the fifers in the last minute were all brilliant and generated a great atmosphere. We just need an exciting team.

This ain’t the Brockville memorial thread,This is Airdrie Vs The Fearties if you wanna talk about brockville piss off to your own thread

I don’t disagree but we had one chance when we moved from Brockville and we made a c**t of it.

We don’t own it, we can’t earn from it and I can’t see that changing anytime soon.

We are there now but in terms of a football ground that really buzzed it is miles from what Brockville was.

Interested to see how our midfield is set up. Gomis has to start IMO but Miller, McShane and Tidser have all shown various things over the last couple of weeks. I'd guess it'll be the back five again so would imagine it will be three of those four.

Interested to see how our midfield is set up. Gomis has to start IMO but Miller, McShane and Tidser have all shown various things over the last couple of weeks. I'd guess it'll be the back five again so would imagine it will be three of those four.

Think Gomis is suspended

I can see us scraping a win.  Last week proved there is a vulnerability even when we go a couple in front and the opposition get a goal back. That said if McManus had scored with his chance to make it 3 I think we might have gone on to win 4 or 5. Think this will be a stuffy affair, 2-1 us, McManus with a late winner.  

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Gomis and Telfer still suspended. Durnan is back though 🙁

Putting any stock whatsoever in fans predicting their team on a prediction will win makes no sense whatsoever to me is all I meant. No one expects an easy or routine win. Not a single one of us

Falkirk fans in predicting a win for their own team disgrace....
During our recent good run, I predicted Airdrie would win 0 of the games in the prediction thread.
The first game I actually brought myself to stick a win down for Airdrie was the Clyde game.
That went well.
Airdrie 0 Falkirk 12

Bairns fans to wreck their carpet right warehouse looking stadium.

f**k Airdrie and their fans.
4th stand envy IMO.

anyway;
A very difficult game today but always the type of game you want your team involved in regardless of what league it's in.
If I walk in and see Ally Roy in the starting line up then it's a Falkirk win IMO.
The guy doesn't have the heart or the work ethic we've come to expect from this team.
Carrick and Roberts IMO are 2 of our most important players, they carry us forward and are an essential part of our quick counter attack.
If Falkirk score first, then we're done, we simply cannot break teams down without resorting to long punts down the middle.

A very difficult game today but always the type of game you want your team involved in regardless of what league it's in.
If I walk in and see Durnan in the starting line up then it's a Airdrie win IMO.
The guy doesn't have the heart or the work ethic we've come to expect from this team.
If Airdrie score first, then we're done, we simply cannot break teams down without resorting to long punts down the middle.

And changes made to what my thoughts are seeing as they are very alike haha

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

During our recent good run, I predicted Airdrie would win 0 of the games in the prediction thread.
The first game I actually brought myself to stick a win down for Airdrie was the Clyde game.
That went well.4th stand envy IMO.

anyway;
If I walk in and see Ally Roy in the starting line up then it's a Falkirk win IMO.
Carrick and Roberts IMO are 2 of our most important players, they carry us forward and are an essential part of our quick counter attack.
If Falkirk score first, then we're done, we simply cannot break teams down without resorting to long punts down the middle.

Aye, definitely envious of your 4th stand bud, especially as, 8 games out of 9, you've got tumbleweed blowing through the other 3!