Airdrie Utd vs Falkirk

Right you two tucking settle down,  Remember what day it is,  this is the day the wee man was born in a manger, under an Airdrie Airdrie flag.....   Boxing Day is fine for all your fun and frolics,  one thing though no fear of your Inverness boys running away unlike there Falkirk counterparts,  They use there quads instead bunch of cheuchter farmer Tory barstewards........

Really hope you’re just on the Xmas spirit.
Otherwise maybe you should take some English classes.

Not too confident going into this after Saturday but, based on their performances in the last two games against us, I don't think there's anything to fear about Falkirk either. Gomis, who completely ran the show in the last game, being out is a bonus. If Roberts starts there's every chance we'll win this or at the very least get a point. If he doesn't we'll struggle. If Roberts is out then I'd start Hawkshaw in there (if he's fit) but if they're both out I think our next best suited player for that position would be Carrick. Start him there and move Thompson into one of the wide forward positions. Don't think there's anything to worry about in terms of our form (yet) but it's important we get something from this to prevent us going into a rut and to capitalise on Raith and/or East Fife and Falkirk dropping points. 

Whoever scores first will win. 

Edited by airdrieman

Think we saw on Saturday what a change of management team can do. I still think we’ve got too many journeymen and hope we will see some changes in January.
Nevertheless, Airdrie have been punching above their weight and us below.
Fully expect us to rectify this on Saturday.
With a bit of luck the Fife minnows Derby will end in a draw leaving us top.

What a sad w****r you are [emoji23] Your just a wee 15 year old who loves to try the wind up to look all cocky, eh? Return yer maws mobile and then get on wi the extra Christmas homework yer teachers sent home cause yer a dozy inbred c**t. Throwback to the 90s?? You were just an itch in yer dads pants then, wee dick [emoji23][emoji23] We definitely looked like the ‘original club’ when we stole all 3 points at Brockville a few weeks ago. You’d have loved the old brockville , but you missed it.

2-1 Airdrie. Get ready for a few seasons in this league [emoji6]

The spelling and grammar here must be an indictment of standards at Airdrie high school or what ever they call it [emoji849]

My bet is a wee high school daft with one of those jackets with blacked out goggles in the hood, pubes for facial hair, and his granny to sew on a stone island patch, with a pair of Asda George timberland lookalikes...

Anyway, Franchise FC 1 Falkirk 3. What is with the NL folk just being wee old firm wanna be idiots...

I've no watched any of the highlights, how did Falkirk actually play against Montrose? I'd like to suggest we cannae play much worse than we did last weekend but that sort of talk is nonsensical, of course we can. 

League standings and the last two fixtures suggest it will be a tight game but my impression is Falkirk are going into this expecting a comfortable win. Hopefully the players buy into that as well and we can catch them in a complacent mood again. 

All the pressure on big favourites Falkirk; they need to get a motor on if they are to run away with this division as so heavily predicted... 

4 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I've no watched any of the highlights, how did Falkirk actually play against Montrose? I'd like to suggest we cannae play much worse than we did last weekend but that sort of talk is nonsensical, of course we can. 

League standings and the last two fixtures suggest it will be a tight game but my impression is Falkirk are going into this expecting a comfortable win. Hopefully the players buy into that as well and we can catch them in a complacent mood again. 

All the pressure on big favourites Falkirk; they need to get a motor on if they are to run away with this division as so heavily predicted... 

No chance.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

End up in League 2 and your club will be even bigger. :lol:

Tough times for the glory hunting or fair weather element in the support.

Falkirk should be strolling this league given the size of the club, the support, I mean you bring twice as many supporters to home games than the next biggest club Raith Rovers. Falkirk in this league is almost not fair on the other clubs, but why are you struggling?

Falkirk should win this 4-0 but will probably get pumped 1-0.

Really ?

our crowds have been incredible whilst the product on the park has been horrific since Houston's full season, over 4000 on many occasions at home and our lowest crowd just over 3200 is incredible considering the product, so I think you can rule out glory hunting.

A good Jan window and we will be a-ok, this league is a car crash, tho looking at the league above, its not much different albeit DuFC are slightly more consistent. A few wins in both leagues gets you into play offs when weeks earlier you were looking at the lower play offs.

The McKinnon -20pts caravan we were towing is now gone, 7 months too late but heyho onwards and upwards

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

No chance.

Just the impression I've gotten. 

You can maybe see why I've gotten this impression; from this very thread-

Marshmallo- Prediction is United 0-3 Bairns
FalkirkBairn93- Anyway, Franchise FC 1 Falkirk 3 
roman_bairn- Airdrie have been punching above their weight and us below.
Sanity check needed- Much more confident with out McKinnon

From the Predictions thread-

BudBairn- Airdrie 1-3 Falkirk
Back Post Misses- Airdrie 0-2 Falkirk
falkirkzombie- Airdrie-1-3 Falkirk

That strikes me as expecting a comfortable win. 

As for the 'fair weather' comment; obvious wind up. Nobody attending a league 1 game can be described as a glory hunter. There is no glory here. 

It's the fans who turn out when a club is in the top division but vanish without a trace when they drop down that you're wanting to watch. 

Falkirk attendances have been a credit to their club, especially away. Hope they keep it up when they get their second crack at the league next season... 

As for the 'fair weather' comment; obvious wind up. Nobody attending a league 1 game can be described as a glory hunter. There is no glory here. 
It's the fans who turn out when a club is in the top division but vanish without a trace when they drop down that you're wanting to watch. 
Falkirk attendances have been a credit to their club, especially away. Hope they keep it up when they get their second crack at the league next season... 
Another Airdrie fan kicking off over the predictions thread I see.... FFS

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Another Airdrie fan kicking off over the predictions thread I see.... FFS

Kicking off? Deary me. 

Merely explaining where I got that impression from. 

My own prediction was 1-3, as it happens. 

Up the road. 

Edited by AndyDD

Falkirk fans in predicting a win for their own team disgrace....

3 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Kicking off? Deary me. 

Merely explaining where I got that impression from. 

My own prediction was 1-3, as it happens. 

Up the road. 

Putting any stock whatsoever in fans predicting their team on a prediction will win makes no sense whatsoever to me is all I meant. No one expects an easy or routine win. Not a single one of us